All Nate needs is an early takedown...

Nate's gonna trade and I expect the first round to be alpha male knuckle duster.

Sounds good to me.

I say Nate should go BJJ on McG. Diaz BJJ is far superior to what McG has learned in a year or is it less since they fought? I know McG isn't going to just let Nate take him down etc but I would game plan for a high percentage chance of another win
And even if Nate doesn´t get the early TD, he still has the reach advantage which means Conor is gonna be very hesitant on the outside trying to close the distance with his strikes, worrying he might end up on his back... so he´d probably get trigger shy making it better for Diaz on the feet.

Some of you are forgetting he took Conor down in the first fight and was promptly swept

He's gonna do what he always do, jab and 1-2 all the time, eventually if the fight goes to the ground,better.

TS is right. Nate has a very high likelyhood of victory with a takedown early. In fact standing and trading would allow Conor a much better chance.

Stockton way or not if I were cornering Nate I'd have him shoot within the first 30 seconds.

Some of you are forgetting he took Conor down in the first fight and was promptly swept
It´s true. I don´t remember quite well but, wasn´t that a little too close to the cage which made it difficult for Nate to secure a good position and facilitated Conor´s escape?

He's gonna do what he always do, jab and 1-2 all the time, eventually if the fight goes to the ground,better.
Most likely strategy. Specially cause that 1-2 worked all night long in the first fight.

TS is right. Nate has a very high likelyhood of victory with a takedown early. In fact standing and trading would allow Conor a much better chance.

Stockton way or not if I were cornering Nate I'd have him shoot within the first 30 seconds.
That´s it. Why give Conor a chance to land his early shots? And also, I don´t believe Conor is gonna change his strategy and come to outpoint Nate, that´d be stupid of him, so he´s coming in to throw bombs to try to KO Nate early, that´s his best chance of winning but Nate knows this.

It´s true. I don´t remember quite well but, wasn´t that a little too close to the cage which made it difficult for Nate to secure a good position and facilitated Conor´s escape?

I don't know shit about doing BJJ. All I know is Nate was on top and then he wasn't.

"He beat the sh*t out of Nate in the first 8 minutes on the feet."

Actually that is the narrative that Conor Mcgregor is selling you.

Nothing happened the first 3 minutes of the fight.

Conor had a nice stretch of 4-5 minutes starting at the end of Rd 1 into the start of Rd 2. This doesn't mean much in a 5 round fight when your opponent didn't even have a training camp for the fight.

We all know the result.
I hear you & I can watch it again to check your parameterz.... but I'm not quoting anyone. I watched that fight 10 times at least & made my own assessment.

I'm not sure about a "minute by minute" assessment of it.

So you do got me on that. I meant to say that Conor won the 1st 8 minutes... but to your point... If I'm gonna be spouting sh*t about it, I need to know who won each minute.

8222331.gif

I'd like to see him get Conor's attention early by putting some serious heat on his first few punches when they start exchanging, then bully Conor against the cage, land some knees to the midsection and go for a Judo throw or wrestling take-down.

And yeah TS, I think tying up with and/or shooting on Conor if Conor comes in hard is a good idea as well. Nate can win a battle of attrition, but if he can make Conor uncomfortable from the start it'll make things much easier for him.

Trying to take conor down early is probably the worst idea for nate.

Conors BJJ is vastly underrated on this site. Going to catch heat for saying that im sure.

Conor was tired and rocked. It will inevitably turn him into a novice striker and grappler.

Punch a black belt enough times in the face and he becomes a white belt. Though this situation is a little altered lol

Nates BJJ is unquestionably better and is very slick but Conor hit a slick sweep on him and i dont remember the last time somebody swept Nate with that sweep.

And he has been training non stop BJJ i assume leading to this fight.

Nobody forgot anything. The advantage on the ground is still Nate's.

I thought about this as well- it's a good idea for Nate but his takedowns are piss poor (not sure if 30% TD success rate is good) and his top control isn't fantastic either.

Conors BJJ is vastly underrated on this site. Going to catch heat for saying that im sure.

Conor was tired and rocked. It will inevitably turn him into a novice striker and grappler.

Punch a black belt enough times in the face and he becomes a white belt. Though this situation is a little altered lol

Nates BJJ is unquestionably better and is very slick but Conor hit a slick sweep on him and i dont remember the last time somebody swept Nate with that sweep.

And he has been training non stop BJJ i assume leading to this fight.

Honestly, it was more about Nate being comfortable at any position on the ground against McGregor. Especially because Nate has a better bottom than top game, he really likes to work inside his own guard.

Of course he didn't actually let Conor sweep him on purpose, he just had no fear of it happening both because he thought McGregor couldn't and because he knew he'd still have the upper hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back