All credit to Jorge Masvidal for beating my dude nate, but his next fight is going to decide...

One fight decides nothing in this sport. It's the progress or regress in skill and athleticism throughout the course of several fights or, for some instances, entire career that matters.

by flash knockdown do you mean knockdown

Well, yeah, I guess. It's what I consider a flash knockdown though. I just mean that Jorge wasn't exactly on queer street from it. He immediately had his wits about him enough to scoot away, and intelligently defend himself. It was a good shot, no doubt, but Jorge immediately recovered.

Stopping him is a lil' bit tough. When there is no concerned medic like the 244 one who freaks out at gore in the one fight supposed to have it spill over. It broke my heart that stoppage
e<mma1><mma1>
The stoppage was a perfect call. Nate would have got beaten up so much worse and definitely got more brain damage then he already has.

sounds like you need a 3 piece and a soda
<36>

Thread absolutely slayed by first reply. Why do so many mma fans love to tear down achievements?
Alot of "fans" tear down the entire sport so much you wonder why they watch it.

Jorge is already 2019 Fighter of the Year. You can't take that away from him. His BMF belt was a 1 time thing. Can't take that away from him.

Doesn't matter if he loses every fight in 2020. He'll just resurrect again. #GetBaptized

Till was not beating him with ease he was getting countered the whole 2nd round. The shot Jorge finished him with he had already hit him with a couple times earlier. He just switched stances and put extra power to his strike

Till was not beating Masvidal. He got the KD and looked scary because of his size and the power he throws with, but he was getting outstruck after that KD. The numbers support this: http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/c6dd17ab89437805

He took the first round because of the KD but Masvidal was clearly the better fighter. And given Till’s overconfidence, it was no fluke that Masvidal ended up catching him.

The stoppage was a perfect call. Nate would have got beaten up so much worse and definitely got more brain damage then he already has.
then he should never fight again altogether. And it sucks.

yeah but nate has lost over half his fights. he is not elite or top of the division so it was completely expected that mas would slaughter him. and he did.

That isn’t accurate. Nate is an elite striker. Typically, people beat him by getting on their bicycle, mixing in TDs. Rarely does anyone go toe to toe with Nate and win. And he still has elite wins. MJ was a legit top fighter when Nate owned him. Conor is often cited as one of the very best strikers in the UFC, sometimes even the GOAT striker, and Nate made him panic-wrestle and quit, then went life and death with him to a majority decision. Nate is elite. He just has weaknesses and has fought the best more than most.

Well, yeah, I guess. It's what I consider a flash knockdown though. I just mean that Jorge wasn't exactly on queer street from it. He immediately had his wits about him enough to scoot away, and intelligently defend himself. It was a good shot, no doubt, but Jorge immediately recovered.
I took it back and agreed. Flash knockdown is right and it is all Till could do b4 getting KTFO.

Couldn’t have said this better. Couldn’t agree more. This is going to decide if any of this act is real

He just ran through Till, Leon, Askren, and Nate. Thats the most impressive WW run for contenders at the moment. Who cares about his decision losses at LW at this point. If he were to beat the monster that is Usman and take away his belt that would be epic.

...whether or not any of this shit is real. I'll be blunt, it sucked to watch nate get the brakes beat off of him but I accepted it.

Mostly because he won in a slugging match and not a game of tag or hugging. So I gave the man his full due. However....

He might have fooled me and everyone else into thinking he's something now that he has never been. This isn't a case like gaethje where we all probably thought if he game planned a little bit and picked his shots, he'd be even scarier.

I hope I'm wrong and masvidal slays usman and conor, because I'm not a fan of either. But going back and watching his fights ehhhhh.....

He might've learned some things from fighting maia and thompson... he does some crafty things as a seasoned veteran in there... but I have no idea how he caught Darren till and I probably wouldn't pick him in a rematch against any of the guys he fought before Ben Akron except maybe an older maia in a 5 round fight.

Ben Askren wasn't who we thought he was. Nate Diaz loses some fights lopsided. Darren Till is probably his best win and Till was absolutely beating him with ease before he got caught on a tricky drop step. But we might put this in the same category as Thompson vs pettis.

I'm afraid he's still not that great. I certainly wouldn't call him a gangster on the level of even Nate's older brother. He might belong fighting grudge matches against Colby and leon and then that may be it for his career.

He's got to make a statement against Usman or none of this will matter any longer. He'll be a wash out we thought was a world beater.

Consider my former confidence in him, redacted. Sorry Jorge.
Till wasn't beating him with ease, he caughT Jorge earlier but by the end of the 1st Jorge had his timing down and was catching Till as he was stepping in.

Looking at his record, I can see that he had many 2 - 3 long win streaks and then he lost again. TS is completly right, the next fight is going to show us if the hype is real. And to be honest, to have wins against hype names like welterweight Till, Askren and Diaz is good but it's not something where i would say ... WOW that's impressive

Back