All credit to Jorge Masvidal for beating my dude nate, but his next fight is going to decide...

tf are you talking about.. first of all, no ones even talking about predictions and you sure as hell dont know shit about striking if you cant even see what he was doing in the first and second rounds. Theres a fighter that broke this fight down very well but im not even gonna bother showing shit to you at this point.

Hindsight is 20 20. Don't act like you're king shit.

Because he might have fluked his way into a title fight at ww when he probably couldn't compete with even the lightweight elite.

Is this your first time watching him? He's always competed with the lightweight elite.

One flying knee and all of a sudden he’s a slayer of grapplers on here. Journeymen Jorge needs to fight snoozeman or Cuntington to show he’s anything besides a guy that loses a lot of fights but can beat Nate Diaz. He’s fun to watch. He’s hilarious but Sherdog falls in love all too quickly.

If I remember correctly, I had Till winning the first round, but it was mostly due to the flash knockdown. I remember it being competitive aside from that. I know I had Mas winning the second up until the KO.

That said, he might lose to Usman. If he does, is it really all for nothing though? The guy made a ton of money, finally got recognized for over 15 years of hard work, got an always desired title shot, got to have his childhood idol walk him to the cage for one of his biggest fights, got a belt wrapped around him by one of the biggest stars in Hollywood. His story will be one of success, even if he doesn't capture the belt.

I don't really see a lot of serious fans going around claiming Masvidal is the greatest thing since sliced bread. We know who he is, and we know what he is and is not capable of. He is a crafty veteran, who on his best day, can give anyone a tough night out. He's also a guy that, at least in the past, has forgotten where the gas pedal was, and gotten outpointed. However, there's no one in that division sitting there saying "man, Masvidal is such an easy fight, I wish he'd fight me." He's a tricky guy to fight, you gotta be on your A game.

He won't be a wash out if he doesn't beat Usman, he'll be a guy who lost to the champion of his division. He won't be the champion, clearly, but he'll still be a highly capable fighter, with even more notoriety.

I first watched masvidal repeatedly after he head kicked the fuck out of kj noons while noons was trying to be a fancy boxer and dip everything. I knew of him since the toby imada inverted triangle. I didn't get my interest peaked until after the askren fight, when the beef with Colby, and the rise of Dustin poirier, and the call out by nate diaz all kind of culminated
Mas HAD to get the fastest ko for u to care? honestly even sadder

Why does he have to beat Usman for it to matter? If he does beat Usman he makes a historic run. If he doesn’t, he still has made one of the most memorable and entertaining runs I’ve seen in a long time. He doesn’t need a WW belt to win me as a fan.
Thread absolutely slayed by first reply. Why do so many mma fans love to tear down achievements?

People are out here saying Usman, LSE, and Mcgregor would beat his ass.

Maybe, but one thing's for certain. He's a very, very tough fight for anyone rn.

...whether or not any of this shit is real. I'll be blunt, it sucked to watch nate get the brakes beat off of him but I accepted it...Consider my former confidence in him, redacted. Sorry Jorge.

giphy.gif

Masvidal was beating Till from the moment he got up from getting dropped until the moment Till's head bounced off the canvas.

he's gonna lose his next fight thats for sure. He's a journeyman who has gotten lucky.

...whether or not any of this shit is real. I'll be blunt, it sucked to watch nate get the brakes beat off of him but I accepted it.

Mostly because he won in a slugging match and not a game of tag or hugging. So I gave the man his full due. However....

He might have fooled me and everyone else into thinking he's something now that he has never been. This isn't a case like gaethje where we all probably thought if he game planned a little bit and picked his shots, he'd be even scarier.

I hope I'm wrong and masvidal slays usman and conor, because I'm not a fan of either. But going back and watching his fights ehhhhh.....

He might've learned some things from fighting maia and thompson... he does some crafty things as a seasoned veteran in there... but I have no idea how he caught Darren till and I probably wouldn't pick him in a rematch against any of the guys he fought before Ben Akron except maybe an older maia in a 5 round fight.

Ben Askren wasn't who we thought he was. Nate Diaz loses some fights lopsided. Darren Till is probably his best win and Till was absolutely beating him with ease before he got caught on a tricky drop step. But we might put this in the same category as Thompson vs pettis.

I'm afraid he's still not that great. I certainly wouldn't call him a gangster on the level of even Nate's older brother. He might belong fighting grudge matches against Colby and leon and then that may be it for his career.

He's got to make a statement against Usman or none of this will matter any longer. He'll be a wash out we thought was a world beater.

Consider my former confidence in him, redacted. Sorry Jorge.

Fighters dont have to win a fuckin belt for us to be fans of them. Its the best in the world they are fighting in there, the sport is more than just champions.

but I have no idea how he caught Darren till and I probably wouldn't pick him in a rematch against any of the guys he fought before Ben Akron except maybe an older maia in a 5 round fight.

You don't know? Well let me help. Spoilers...No luck involved Mas has better stand up than TiIl

...whether or not any of this shit is real. I'll be blunt, it sucked to watch nate get the brakes beat off of him but I accepted it.

Mostly because he won in a slugging match and not a game of tag or hugging. So I gave the man his full due. However....

He might have fooled me and everyone else into thinking he's something now that he has never been. This isn't a case like gaethje where we all probably thought if he game planned a little bit and picked his shots, he'd be even scarier.

I hope I'm wrong and masvidal slays usman and conor, because I'm not a fan of either. But going back and watching his fights ehhhhh.....

He might've learned some things from fighting maia and thompson... he does some crafty things as a seasoned veteran in there... but I have no idea how he caught Darren till and I probably wouldn't pick him in a rematch against any of the guys he fought before Ben Akron except maybe an older maia in a 5 round fight.

Ben Askren wasn't who we thought he was. Nate Diaz loses some fights lopsided. Darren Till is probably his best win and Till was absolutely beating him with ease before he got caught on a tricky drop step. But we might put this in the same category as Thompson vs pettis.

I'm afraid he's still not that great. I certainly wouldn't call him a gangster on the level of even Nate's older brother. He might belong fighting grudge matches against Colby and leon and then that may be it for his career.

He's got to make a statement against Usman or none of this will matter any longer. He'll be a wash out we thought was a world beater.

Consider my former confidence in him, redacted. Sorry Jorge.
Also, while I have to admit that there is something undeniably cool about him, his over the top self adulation is starting to wear on me a bit.

you act like beating nate is a big deal.
Stopping him is a lil' bit tough. When there is no concerned medic like the 244 one who freaks out at gore in the one fight supposed to have it spill over. It broke my heart that stoppage
e<mma1><mma1>

If I remember correctly, I had Till winning the first round, but it was mostly due to the flash knockdown. I remember it being competitive aside from that. I know I had Mas winning the second up until the KO.

That said, he might lose to Usman. If he does, is it really all for nothing though? The guy made a ton of money, finally got recognized for over 15 years of hard work, got an always desired title shot, got to have his childhood idol walk him to the cage for one of his biggest fights, got a belt wrapped around him by one of the biggest stars in Hollywood. His story will be one of success, even if he doesn't capture the belt.

I don't really see a lot of serious fans going around claiming Masvidal is the greatest thing since sliced bread. We know who he is, and we know what he is and is not capable of. He is a crafty veteran, who on his best day, can give anyone a tough night out. He's also a guy that, at least in the past, has forgotten where the gas pedal was, and gotten outpointed. However, there's no one in that division sitting there saying "man, Masvidal is such an easy fight, I wish he'd fight me." He's a tricky guy to fight, you gotta be on your A game.

He won't be a wash out if he doesn't beat Usman, he'll be a guy who lost to the champion of his division. He won't be the champion, clearly, but he'll still be a highly capable fighter, with even more notoriety.
flash knockdown is right. that's how you know he is legit when he gets a no-count and gets up and blacks Till out. I rly enjoyed that. That's why I watch UFC live. For Pettis v Thompson and Jorge type of KOs. Especially when you wager your paper right xD

Back