All credit to Jorge Masvidal for beating my dude nate, but his next fight is going to decide...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Jpenwell14, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Jpenwell14

Jpenwell14 Green Belt

...whether or not any of this shit is real. I'll be blunt, it sucked to watch nate get the brakes beat off of him but I accepted it.

Mostly because he won in a slugging match and not a game of tag or hugging. So I gave the man his full due. However....

He might have fooled me and everyone else into thinking he's something now that he has never been. This isn't a case like gaethje where we all probably thought if he game planned a little bit and picked his shots, he'd be even scarier.

I hope I'm wrong and masvidal slays usman and conor, because I'm not a fan of either. But going back and watching his fights ehhhhh.....

He might've learned some things from fighting maia and thompson... he does some crafty things as a seasoned veteran in there... but I have no idea how he caught Darren till and I probably wouldn't pick him in a rematch against any of the guys he fought before Ben Akron except maybe an older maia in a 5 round fight.

Ben Askren wasn't who we thought he was. Nate Diaz loses some fights lopsided. Darren Till is probably his best win and Till was absolutely beating him with ease before he got caught on a tricky drop step. But we might put this in the same category as Thompson vs pettis.

I'm afraid he's still not that great. I certainly wouldn't call him a gangster on the level of even Nate's older brother. He might belong fighting grudge matches against Colby and leon and then that may be it for his career.

He's got to make a statement against Usman or none of this will matter any longer. He'll be a wash out we thought was a world beater.

Consider my former confidence in him, redacted. Sorry Jorge.

2. Zebra Cheeks

Zebra Cheeks Sherdogs only hope Platinum Member

Why does he have to beat Usman for it to matter? If he does beat Usman he makes a historic run. If he doesn’t, he still has made one of the most memorable and entertaining runs I’ve seen in a long time. He doesn’t need a WW belt to win me as a fan.

3. Mr.Maelstrom

Mr.Maelstrom "Pull up" Belt

Sorry is a board game.

You apologize.

4. Jpenwell14

Jpenwell14 Green Belt

Because he might have fluked his way into a title fight at ww when he probably couldn't compete with even the lightweight elite.

Think about it, does anyone not pick usman to smash everyone at lightweight should they choose to move up? Meanwhile masvidal sniffs the belt and people are saying khabib, tony and conor beat him.

Not to mention his atrocious ability to find a way to lose off his back foot for his entire career.

You can like him if you want to, but I need to be resold

5. Jpenwell14

Jpenwell14 Green Belt

Never that

6. dildos

dildos Yellow Card Yellow Card

you act like beating nate is a big deal.

7. crocopteam

crocopteam I don't need no belt!

The fate of the universe?

8. Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

The money in his bank account since he started his torrid welterweight streak is pretty fucking real and worthwhile I'm sure.

More real and worthwhile than your opinion about whether he's good or not.

Sure. Dawg.

9. Jpenwell14

Jpenwell14 Green Belt

It was considering his close fight with Conor, followed by his performance against pettis after that long layoff. Now in hindsight, it happens to nate. He over and under performs, often

10. RoidRage92

RoidRage92 Blue Belt

Darren Till was absolutely beating him with ease? Yeah okay, ill just stop there bud. You are right, you really have "no idea" how he caught Till.

11. Jpenwell14

Jpenwell14 Green Belt

Whoa whoa whoa

This isn't a bash Jorge thread, or a bash me thread either.

This is a fair assessment of his career and a hope that he doesn't get beat by 2 fighters I cannot stand

Spec4fire and A-Level Wrestler like this.
  12. Jpenwell14

Jpenwell14 Green Belt

I'll bet you are probably one of those people who is a genius in hindsight but never in the moment. Because I seriously doubt you were watching that fight thinking yep jorge is gonna catch him.

13. dildos

yeah but nate has lost over half his fights. he is not elite or top of the division so it was completely expected that mas would slaughter him. and he did.

A-Level Wrestler likes this.
  14. dildos

lol

15. Leoimba

Leoimba White Belt

"But we might put this in the same category as Thompson vs pettis" idk if u watch fights or just wait till the ko and analyze. If u watch that fight, Mas landed that same combo in rd 1 and again in rd 2. Such a long Post just to be a closet hater. Oh wait ur kinda new here so i guess u prob didnt even know who mas was until recent lol. Go to sleep kiddo. Or at least dont beat around the bush .

16. Jpenwell14

Jpenwell14 Green Belt

15-10 in the ufc. Not over half

Spec4fire and Marc Trottier like this.
  17. Bluntforce420

Bluntforce420 Black Belt

Nate has not lost over half his fights

Losing over half your fights means you would have a losing record, and nate doesn't have a losing record

18. dildos

You are right: more.

19. Jpenwell14

Jpenwell14 Green Belt

I first watched masvidal repeatedly after he head kicked the fuck out of kj noons while noons was trying to be a fancy boxer and dip everything. I knew of him since the toby imada inverted triangle. I didn't get my interest peaked until after the askren fight, when the beef with Colby, and the rise of Dustin poirier, and the call out by nate diaz all kind of culminated

20. RoidRage92

RoidRage92 Blue Belt

tf are you talking about.. first of all, no ones even talking about predictions and you sure as hell dont know shit about striking if you cant even see what he was doing in the first and second rounds. Theres a fighter that broke this fight down very well but im not even gonna bother showing shit to you at this point.