News Aljamain Sterling injured and out of UFC 267 title fight vs. Petr Yan

I have to say, I'm getting just as much sick of Yan acting like he didn't make the dumbest decision in MMA history as I am of Aljo constantly delaying.

Aljo needs to be stripped, but I don't think I'm really keen on seeing Yan fight for that vacated belt anymore. At this point I'd rather see TJ (as much as I dislike the true CEO of EPO) vs Font or Merab for the vacated belt.

And going forward, fighters shouldn't be awarded titles in DQ wins. And fighters that cause DQs in title fights should be reprimanded by not getting an immediate second shot at the title. Or even more, should be taken out of the rankings completely and made to work their way back up.

I'm really just done with this mess. Aljo should have been stripped as soon as he wasn't ready to defend within 3 months of being "champ".
The UFC isn't going to abandon their own rules and look like a joke stripping Aljo. They have to treat him like a legitimate champ. If fighters weren't awarded titles off of DQ's then champs would be getting DQ'd when they start losing a fight.

giphy.gif

I honestly think he enjoys all the hate he get's from this....Its getting him attention if nothing else.

You can't strip him just because he's injured.

I don't like Sterling at all. He's a fraud yeah. But it's truly not his fault that he got kneed to the face while grounded. That shit is on Yan. And if he truly got injured during training he can't be stripped just because we're pissed at him.

Holy fuck that expression on his face. Why's he squinting and stuff? I don't get it. The whole thing is tragic.
He's feigning confusion-- he wants to give the impression that he's just dazed and bewildered, thereby making people think he's a bit removed from the predicament. At the time people were booing, and he's pretending to not know why.

As long as he defends the belt by march then he shouldnt get stripped, usually when stripping someone they cant have defended within a year.
Yan vs Font for the Interim at 267, done.

As long as he defends the belt by march then he shouldnt get stripped, usually when stripping someone they cant have defended within a year.
Yan vs Font for the Interim at 267, done.
You might have the GOAT avatar dude. Charles dance is my favorite actor ever and when I found out he was Tywin I flipped.

"You will fight Yan for the interim title and that will be the end of it!"

What's your take on Ortega these days? You and me were the OGs on that wagon.
I don't know that he has quite enough to take the belt. He has some holes in striking and TDs that will likely prevent him from winning the championship fights. He might be able to shore them up, but the competition for the belt is going to be tough for him to overcome. The toughness in the fifth was impressive last night, but he was pretty thoroughly outmatched for the majority. Volk fighting through the chokes was quite ridiculous. Even if he can't overcome, the division still needs the level of talent he brings.

I’m gonna laugh my ass off if after all of this Aljo absolutely wrecks Yan in the rematch

I don't know that he has quite enough to take the belt. He has some holes in striking and TDs that will likely prevent him from winning the championship fights. He might be able to shore them up, but the competition for the belt is going to be tough for him to overcome. The toughness in the fifth was impressive last night, but he was pretty thoroughly outmatched for the majority. Volk fighting through the chokes was quite ridiculous. Even if he can't overcome, the division still needs the level of talent he brings.
Yeah man, I vibe that... It kind of felt like the fame was getting to him, blah blah, but he's one of those hardvire personality types that gets a buzz from getting the shit beaten out of them and not quitting... Also makes you wonder the could.have beens when.he started loosening.uo.in the 5th round after taking that beating.

Anyway... Back to Aljo slander.

That relationship with Matt Serra amd Dana is a dirty one.

Well we all knew it was coming....

Shouldn't have been gifted the championship in the first place, needs to be stripped immediately

The UFC isn't going to abandon their own rules and look like a joke stripping Aljo. They have to treat him like a legitimate champ. If fighters weren't awarded titles off of DQ's then champs would be getting DQ'd when they start losing a fight.
That's why if the champ is DQ'ed they have to be reprimanded by starting at the bottom.

I know I'm being idealistic though. Would never happen more because champs (for the most part anyway) put asses in seats. So it is what it is.

it must suck being a 135er cus that fucking title is cursed lol

Back