News Aljamain Sterling injured and out of UFC 267 title fight vs. Petr Yan

Maybe Aljo is faking the "injury"...just rolling his eyes in the back of his head while telling reporters he can't go on with the fight.

Jarl

Fuck, I'm only now seeing this news, weirdly. Gutting.

Yan is a far worse champ. Idiot threw a blatant illegal knee and whines that he got DQ'd. Champs have to lose their belt if they get DQ'd or any champ losing will start eye gouging, biting, kicking to the head of a downed opponent etc to keep their belt.

Yan won a vacant belt against an Aldo that was coming off a loss. Why is everyone acting like Yan is a BW God? He is 15-2 and Sterling is 20-3. Sandhagen is 14-3 (should be 15-2 same as Yan) since the Dillashaw decision was BS. I am good with Corey vs Petr for an Interim Belt. In fact I wish the UFC would have had a BW GP to crown a new champion.

Maybe Yan could win the belt and defend it a few times before all this BW God talk.
Have a hard time treating Aljo like a champ when he was thoroughly outclassed in every aspect of MMA. Yan is a much better fighter than Sterling.

Have a hard time treating Aljo like a champ when he was thoroughly outclassed in every aspect of MMA. Yan is a much better fighter than Sterling.
I can agree with that. He didn't "Win" the title, Yan lost it. I just have a hard time with all the hate as if it's Aljo's fault Yan illegally KO'd him. Anyone who argues that knee wasn't serious or Aljo was faking is kidding themselves. If that knee had been legal and the ref stopped the fight no one would argue Aljo could continue and it was a bad stoppage.

Back