News Aljamain Sterling injured and out of UFC 267 title fight vs. Petr Yan

The EPO thing was from his drug test violation for the flyweight title fight.
Yes I am aware of that. So you think he never cheated before that fight? Funny how years earlier Cody knew to accuse him of using exactly what he ended up using for the first time ever against Cejudo.

What a shock! :rolleyes: I knew he would come up with something so he continue his dubious reign
as champ.

Champ Aljo staying relevant just a little bit longer thru Holidays.

130502152627-rubber-duck-in-hong-kong-1.jpg

Only in Hong Kong.

<JackieThumbsUp>

This is the only way Sterling extends his "reign", just business because he knows what happens next time he defends his title. He's hoping Yan gets injured and doesn't have to rematch.

Kind of amazing how unanimously dislike Aljo is lol

Figured at least someone would defend him

I have to say, I'm getting just as much sick of Yan acting like he didn't make the dumbest decision in MMA history as I am of Aljo constantly delaying.

Aljo needs to be stripped, but I don't think I'm really keen on seeing Yan fight for that vacated belt anymore. At this point I'd rather see TJ (as much as I dislike the true CEO of EPO) vs Font or Merab for the vacated belt.

And going forward, fighters shouldn't be awarded titles in DQ wins. And fighters that cause DQs in title fights should be reprimanded by not getting an immediate second shot at the title. Or even more, should be taken out of the rankings completely and made to work their way back up.

I'm really just done with this mess. Aljo should have been stripped as soon as he wasn't ready to defend within 3 months of being "champ".

<DontBelieve1>

He may be trying to set a record for holding a belt without having to legitimately earn or defend it.
What's your take on Ortega these days? You and me were the OGs on that wagon.

There are rules for a reason. It would make them look like a joke if they stripped Aljo right now. Aljo is a legitimate champ and it doesn't matter how he got his Title.

Back