News Alistair Overeem vs Walt Harris headlines UFC Oregon April 11th

Valentijn Overeem fought for like 20 years but never in the UFC.

Why not?

I’m a longtime Overeem fan, this will be the first time I’ve ever rooted again him, it’s a bizarre feeling, I don’t like It TBH, makes me feel disloyal...
<{cruzshake}>

That being said after everything Walt and his face have been through...
Overeem can take a HL reel loss and turnaround a 3 win streak, done it b4

<Fedor23>
WAR BIG TICKET
<Goldie11>

Rough fight. Most fighters showed tremendous gratitude for Walt during that terrible ordeal/tragedy and reem was one of the most who showed constant uplifting words towards the incident. I think the difficulty will be for Reem to switch that off of feeling remorse to have the mindset of destruction towards Walt.

Thoughts on this fight...

Props to Walt for getting back in there and props to Overeem for taking it because it's got to be hard. His opponent just lost his daughter, it will be weird to be smashing him if it goes that way. But on the other hand you can't just let him win.

How do y'all see this fight playing out?

Respect to Harris for getting back in there, and respect to Overeem for accepting this fight. I can see a lot of guys not wanting to fight him after losing his daughter, but the man still needs to earn a living and probably needs the distraction of training for a fight.

This is gonna be a tough matchup for Walt, but with his KO power and Overeem's chin he definitely has a legitimate puncher's chance.

All the best to Walt. Its going to be emotional for him.

If there's one fighter on the roster who I'd expect could professionally handle being in this emotionally awkward/delicate position as Walt's opponent, it would be Reem. The dude is a fkn mercenary

And tho Reem is one of my all-time favorites, I'll be rooting for Walt

Thoughts on this fight...

Props to Walt for getting back in there and props to Overeem for taking it because it's got to be hard. His opponent just lost his daughter, it will be weird to be smashing him if it goes that way. But on the other hand you can't just let him win.

How do y'all see this fight playing out?
Hopefully Walt's head is in the right place. If it is, I see reem getting brutally KO'd again

We all gonna cry if walt wins when he gets on that mic. Rooting for him though. Ftn bonus and ko bonus let's go.

Back