Alistair Overeem, the biggest hypetrain...

cain had the easiest road to the hw title in the history of the ufc besides brock.. and then lost the belt on his first title defense

that really happened

Guess you missed the rematch.

And who would he need to fight to validate his career?

Not really dismissing the Brock fight, but what I said is true. He retired after the fight due to medical reasons. I am not saying Reem is a can, he's a nice fighter. But I think the hype train ends when he gets KTFO by JDS or Cain.

brock was dealing with his medical issues when he fought cain too, yet that win made cain the baddest mother fucker alive somehow.... crazy how double standards work.

brock and everyone around him claimed he was the healthiest hes ever been when he fought alistair. people can think what they want about building up the fight, but ill believe the guy talking about his own health.

furthermore, losing to the number 1 or number 2 fighter in the division doesnt end your "hype train". it means you lost to the best in the world. hype trains end against low level competition, not top notch.

Not really dismissing the Brock fight, but what I said is true. He retired after the fight due to medical reasons. I am not saying Reem is a can, he's a nice fighter. But I think the hype train ends when he gets KTFO by JDS or Cain.

He retired after that fight cause for the first time ever he felt that someone was more alpha than him... How sick is he? I mean he's still wrestling which if anything else extremely rough in the body...

Overeem is overated only to morons and lol at JDS beating him, that guy will get demolished is he is unlucky enough to fight Overeem.

Same here.

Rogers gave Fedor more trouble than anyone thought he would. Then Overeem made Rogers look like a child.

Werdum beat Fedor. Then Overeem won that bizarre contest of whatever you want to call it. Fight? Not sure that applies, but he still won.

Brock was a recent UFC HW champion whose only unavenged loss was to current HW champ Cain Velasquez. Overeem made him look like he had no business in the cage.

Sometimes it's not just the caliber of competition that sets you apart - it's how soundly you destroy competition of a slightly lower caliber. Remember Todd Duffee/Alistair Overeem? Just a couple of weeks after winning the K-1 tournament, Overeem traveled to the future and ate Todd Duffee's children in front of him.

He may or may not be able to beat JDS/Cain. But I don't agree with the notion that he's some unproven heavyweight.

After watching Duffee's last fight I have to agree with you. He might lose to Cain or to JDS or to a bunch of other guys, but anyone could it's fighting. Anyone outside of the top 10 he's fought in the last bunch of years he has absolutely made look like an amateur. He's an elite fighter and even if he doesn't win the title he'll get more than one title shot.
Aside from this arguement I believe he is the best HW right now and that he will beat Cain or JDS.

Guess you missed the rematch.

And who would he need to fight to validate his career?

so reem's wins arent legit but cain's are? again round and round

and i say again: cain has exactly zero title defenses. if you dont defend the belt, it was never really yours to begin with

Well, he did do the right things with the people he has fought.

brock was dealing with his medical issues when he fought cain too, yet that win made cain the baddest mother fucker alive somehow.... crazy how double standards work.

brock and everyone around him claimed he was the healthiest hes ever been when he fought alistair. people can think what they want about building up the fight, but ill believe the guy talking about his own health.

furthermore, losing to the number 1 or number 2 fighter in the division doesnt end your "hype train". it means you lost to the best in the world. hype trains end against low level competition, not top notch.

Well, Brock retired right after that fight. And I never claimed it was a huge win for Cain.

And you're right, losing to a top fighter doesn't make you the "hype train". I just think he is generally overrated on sherdog.

so reem's wins arent legit but cain's are? again round and round

and i say again: cain has exactly zero title defenses. if you dont defend the belt, it was never really yours to begin with

I didn't say his wins aren't legit. He just isn't that impressive to me in the fights I have seen. I just re-watched the first 2 rounds of the Werdum fight and he lost a good amount of the stand up exchanges. He goes straight back, a deadly mistake if he faced a really good puncher. He is very easy to hit. Yes, his striking is very clean and powerful, but I just see Cain destroying him.

And your 2nd comment is pointless. What does that mean? Cain isn't good? He isn't the legitimate champ? He avenged his one loss quite impressively.

Alistair Overeem -360
Antonio Silva +300

Easy money for you then TS

I will gladly take sig bets when Androreem fights either Cain or JDS. i would gladly bet cash but there's no way to actually make that happen.

What?

Werdum, Duffee, Brock, and Sergei off the top of my head. Add in Hunt and James Thompson, the hell are you talking about TS?

Brock and Werdum are legit wins for Reem at HW MMA.

he was exposed as a B level HW against werdum and looked terrible, he didn't look like the uncrowned stomping machine that all the post pride noobs claim he is. The dude is the biggest heavyweight can crusher ever, and I completely agree with TS. He's very talented and legit, and considering the lack of depth in ufc hw division I think he deserves contention talks, but overall imo he is very overrated and I htink this will be apparent soon. While I admit his losses in pride fc were close (losses that basically comprised all the top comp of his career), his comp at hw has been very subpar.

He has a tough fight ahead of him and I won't be surprised if he loses, especially if he doesn't put away bigfoot in the first.

War Bigfoot!!!

Seriously. Overeem has not ONE notable accomplishment in the HW division. He has not one impressive win (except for what.. Brett Rogers?) and people constantly tout him as the one to beat JDS and Cain :redface:

Don't mention K1 either, I'm talking MMA.

I agree with you. People talks this things about Overeem because he is a very strong guy and has a good background in muay thai, but i think he needs a victory against some TOP 3 HW ( not big foot ) now and then he can hold this status.

His victory against Brock Lesnar doesn't mean a lot of thing to me, Brock Lesnar is a former champion but he holds a 5-3 card. His most significant wins are over Shane Carwin, Frank Mir and Randy Couture, both three are far from the top 5 HW right now like Brock Lesnar. Maybe they're on the top when those fights happened, but not right now.

Back