Alistair Overeem, the biggest hypetrain...

FallIntoTheRope**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously. Overeem has not ONE notable accomplishment in the HW division. He has not one impressive win (except for what.. Brett Rogers?) and people constantly tout him as the one to beat JDS and Cain :redface:

Don't mention K1 either, I'm talking MMA.

Brock and Werdum are legit wins for Reem at HW MMA.

It stops being a hypetrain when you win against a fighter who's one fight removed from beating the greatest HW of all time and then move on to completely wipe out a fighter who's one fight removed from being the UFC HW champion.

Exactly right, beat me to it. (Though that Werdum fight was terrible to watch)

Yeah it was, and I've read decent arguments claiming Werdum won the fight...but it's still a legit win in my eyes for Reem.

And I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the Rogers mauling was a legit win too.

Rogers was on a really good streak and then lost to Fedor (number 1 HW in the world at the time)...a fight he did much better in than anyone thought he would.

I don't think he is all hype but i think he loses to either JDS or Cain. I'm curious to see how the Bigfoot Silva fight will play out

Yeah it was, and I've read decent arguments claiming Werdum won the fight...but it's still a legit win in my eyes for Reem.

Same here.

Rogers gave Fedor more trouble than anyone thought he would. Then Overeem made Rogers look like a child.

Werdum beat Fedor. Then Overeem won that bizarre contest of whatever you want to call it. Fight? Not sure that applies, but he still won.

Brock was a recent UFC HW champion whose only unavenged loss was to current HW champ Cain Velasquez. Overeem made him look like he had no business in the cage.

Sometimes it's not just the caliber of competition that sets you apart - it's how soundly you destroy competition of a slightly lower caliber. Remember Todd Duffee/Alistair Overeem? Just a couple of weeks after winning the K-1 tournament, Overeem traveled to the future and ate Todd Duffee's children in front of him.

He may or may not be able to beat JDS/Cain. But I don't agree with the notion that he's some unproven heavyweight.

Brock and Werdum are legit wins for Reem at HW MMA.

And don't forget Sergei(when Sergei was on one of the more impressive winning streaks in the HW division) and Hunt. Hell, even Duffee and Buentello were pretty good wins.

Same here.

Rogers gave Fedor more trouble than anyone thought he would. Then Overeem made Rogers look like a child.

Werdum beat Fedor. Then Overeem won that bizarre contest of whatever you want to call it. Fight? Not sure that applies, but he still won.

Brock was a recent UFC HW champion whose only unavenged loss was to current HW champ Cain Velasquez. Overeem made him look like he had no business in the cage.

Sometimes it's not just the caliber of competition that sets you apart - it's how soundly you destroy competition of a slightly lower caliber. Remember Todd Duffee/Alistair Overeem? Just a couple of weeks after winning the K-1 tournament, Overeem traveled to the future and ate Todd Duffee's children in front of him.

He may or may not be able to beat JDS/Cain. But I don't agree with the notion that he's some unproven heavyweight.

I'm probably the biggest Reem critic on this site, but he keeps proving me wrong so I'm really looking forward to his next few fights.

I'm hoping he gets past Bigfoot so we can see him get a title shot next.

I'm hoping he gets past Bigfoot so we can see him get a title shot next.

I think he'll beat Bigfoot. But then again, I thought that about Fedor too. Anything can happen in MMA.

But I'll say this - outside of the Fedor fight, I've never seen Bigfoot look like that. He was ON FIRE that night. Never before or since have I gotten the impression that Bigfoot was a top-tier heavyweight. But the Bigfoot that came to fight that night was amazing.

Poor Overeem, it wont matter how good he'll do at HW because there will allways be haters after him mentioning his losses at LHW and the steroid-rumors.

Yeah me too, I'd like to watch it again to be honest. It depends if you score anything to Overeem for defending the takedowns as I recall, but there's every chance that Werdum actually outstruck him.

Agreed, though he looked seriously unimpressive against Fabricio.

That was one of those fights where one guy drags another down to his level. It was impossible for Overeem to look good in that fight when the other guy was just flopping around.

I think he'll beat Bigfoot. But then again, I thought that about Fedor too. Anything can happen in MMA.

But I'll say this - outside of the Fedor fight, I've never seen Bigfoot look like that. He was ON FIRE that night. Never before or since have I gotten the impression that Bigfoot was a top-tier heavyweight. But the Bigfoot that came to fight that night was amazing.

Watch the first round against Werdum. Bigfoot completely dominated him and would have probably won in the end had he not broken both of his hands.
Bigfoot is as underrated as they get.

And I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the Rogers mauling was a legit win too.

Rogers was on a really good streak and then lost to Fedor (number 1 HW in the world at the time)...a fight he did much better in than anyone thought he would.

Lets not forget Duffee lol..

Overeem is deserving of hype but also controversy now that he pissed dirty. So he will have a shadow of doubt going into future UFC contests.

Bigfoot has power and isn't afraid to bring his fight to anyone...so he could land a bomb and put Reem on queer street setting up a TKO depending on the ref that night.

Back