Media Alexander Volkanovski says that he wants an exciting fight at 155 like Oliveira or Poirier while he’s waiting for the Featherweight title

Smart idea?

• Total voters
God Volk is trash. While he waits for the FW title. Dude gets easily melted in both his last fights and still thinks he is next in line for a title shot.

u1IasdRo5Ccf5nrSP5.webp

I'd love Volk vs Poirier.
Both want a high prestige money fight.

This is the fight I wanna see. Mainly because Poirier will go out on a high note.
Volk has always been pillow fisted, he's not knocking anyone out. Poirier will sleep him.

No. After two consecutive KO losses Volk needs time off. I don't mind him getting the Topuria/Holloway winner but he should spend this time not fighting. If he wants to stay active in the interim he should try competing in grappling tournaments.

I saw a click bait looking article rumoring him vs Gaethje being worked on 😬
Assumed it was nonsense but maybe there was something to it

I actually think Oliveira is a decent matchup for Volk. Poirier no.

Dude also shouldn't get an automatic title shot at 145. Win a fight first.
If Max is getting a FW title shot then I would like to see Volk fight some one but who? Ortega is ranked #3 behind Volk & Max but I am not sure why. He already lost to Volk and it wasn't really competitive. He is 0-2 in title fights and 2-3 in his last 5 which have also been over the last 6 years. I would like to see Ortega vs Lopes if Brian is able to make 145 but I think he should really consider his health and go to LW.

IMO Lopes vs Volk would be a good one with the winner next after Ilia vs Max. Book Aljo vs Yair to build the next contender.

No. After two consecutive KO losses Volk needs time off. I don't mind him getting the Topuria/Holloway winner but he should spend this time not fighting. If he wants to stay active in the interim he should try competing in grappling tournaments.

how much time? He's not entertaining fighting until the end of the year. He's already had nearly half a year off without heavy contact.

Last edited:
how much time? He's not entertaining fighting until the end of the year. He's already had nearly a hear off without heavy contact.
I'm gonna assume you mean nearly a year off. It's been 5 months since he got KO'd. That's not nearly a year.

I'm gonna assume you mean nearly a year off. It's been 5 months since he got KO'd. That's not nearly a year.

Sorry. Typo. I meant he's already had nearly half a year off without much contact. He isn't entertaining fighting before the end of the year, and only if the winner of max/topuria want to wait to april/may will he take a fight before the title shot.

Sorry. Typo. I meant he's already had nearly half a year off without much contact. He isn't entertaining fighting before the end of the year, and only if the winner of max/topuria want to wait to may/april will he take a fight before the title shot.
He needs to take at least a year off. This is way too close to his KO loss to be thinking about fighting or coming up with these what if scenarios. The guy was trying fill in on the last card for fucks sake. Someone needs to sit him down and have the talk. He needs to chill and relax with his family.

He needs to take at least a year off. This is way too close to his KO loss to be thinking about fighting or coming up with these what if scenarios. The guy was trying fill in on the last card for fucks sake. Someone needs to sit him down and have the talk. He needs to chill and relax with his family.

If it goes how he plans, it will be nearly a year between fights. Maybe 10 months minimum. I wouldn't complain if he took longer off, bug I guess we'll see what happens.

Back