Alexander Gustafsson having a 'tough time' with motivation

LOL, "either way"
PerkyPastAfricancivet.gif

Qy8KDl5.gif

Ah , man, you should have thrown phil Davis choking him out for good measure

That Rumble loss ruined him.

But sob story Gus equals him getting another undeserved Title shot. Winning fights is the worst thing you can do in the UFC thesedays if you want a Title shot.

That's incredibly ignorant and it saddens me that there are people who still believe Gus was given undeserved title shots.

The 1st title shot - Gustafsson was on a 5 fight winning streak, coming of a fresh win over Mauricio Shogun Rua (who Jones beat as an underdog to capture the title a year earlier).
The 2nd title shot - Gustafsson was promised to earn an immediate rematch, because of how controversial his loss to Jones was. Jones initially ducked him. Then Gustafsson got it, but had to pull out due to injury. Jones then fights someone else, meanwhile Gustafsson beats Manuwa and can wait for his TS, but he decides to stay active and fight Johnson in a title eliminator which he later lost. Rumble losses to the champion and the only guy left in the rankings after him is ... guess who... Gustafsson. So no... his 2nd title shot is well deserved as well.
It's not because he has blond hair.

That's incredibly ignorant and it saddens me that there are people who still believe Gus was given undeserved title shots.

The 1st title shot - Gustafsson was on a 5 fight winning streak, coming of a fresh win over Mauricio Shogun Rua (who Jones beat as an underdog to capture the title a year earlier).
The 2nd title shot - Gustafsson was promised to earn an immediate rematch, because of how controversial his loss to Jones was. Jones initially ducked him. Then Gustafsson got it, but had to pull out because of injury. Jones then fights someone else, meanwhile Gustafsson beats Manuwa and can wait for his TS, but he decides to stay active and fight Johnson in a title eliminator which he later lost. Rumble losses to the champion and the only guy left in the rankings after him is ... guess who... Gustafsson. So no... his 2nd title shot is well deserved as well.

he was promised the 2nd shot because it "was close"
he beat manuwa, who has done what exactly? He then loses to Rumble, and gets a 3rd offer for a title shot.

so he gets an offer for a title fight after losing both of his fights beforehand. Compare that to the roads to the title of guys on win streaks such as cerrone, rothwell, jds before his first title shot, etc etc.

Gus needs a fight. OSP or Glover would be fun matches. If they want to gift him an auto-win for confidence, then give him Bader and then he can go end Bader's career at LHW.

I really don't understand why can people hate Gus, he must be one of the most beloved fighters in sherdog. Has always put on exciting fights and always took defeat as a champ.

LOL. No.
Gus was never beloved. He was seen as the man to beat JBJ.
When he then start losing the JBJ haters jumped ship.
Don't confuse the hate for JBJ with love for Gus.

6 fight winning streak.

Gus should seek out Stipe and train with him full time. Those two would push each other to new heights.

CID5OcyVAAAdkdj.jpg

The 2nd title shot - Gustafsson was promised to earn an immediate rematch, because of how controversial his loss to Jones was. Jones initially ducked him. Then Gustafsson got it, but had to pull out due to injury. Jones then fights someone else, meanwhile Gustafsson beats Manuwa and can wait for his TS, but he decides to stay active and fight Johnson in a title eliminator which he later lost. Rumble losses to the champion and the only guy left in the rankings after him is ... guess who... Gustafsson. So no... his 2nd title shot is well deserved as well.

No issues with his first TS, in a shallow as hell LHW division he deserved it, even if decisioning a washed up Shogun isnt very impressive. His second shot though...c'mon. He was 1-2 in his last 3. Close fight or not he lost to Jones, then he beat a fringe top 10 guy before getting ran over by Rumble. If you lose a fight while you're deemed the #1 contender then that means you are no longer the #1 contender.

How can you say he deserved his second shot when he was 1-1 since his first shot? Thats absurd.

Robbed against jones for the title..(taking a lot of head trauma for little financial gain)
Suffered a murderous/embarassing Ko from rumble in his own hometown.(taking a ton of head trauma with little financial gain)
Robbed against cormier for the title (Taking a lot of head trauma with little financial gain)

gee, I wonder why a guy isnt motivated to go back out there..

im sure he still has a love for the sport.. the movements and training..

but at what point is it worth it to still compete?

Robbed against jones for the title..(taking a lot of head trauma for little financial gain)
Suffered a murderous/embarassing Ko from rumble in his own hometown.(taking a ton of head trauma with little financial gain)
Robbed against cormier for the title (Taking a lot of head trauma with little financial gain)

gee, I wonder why a guy isnt motivated to go back out there..

im sure he still has a love for the sport.. the movements and training..

but at what point is it worth it to still compete?

Robbed? Why dont MMA fans understand that close fights are just close fights where someone has to be declared the winner? You people act like Gus dismantled Jones for 25 minutes straight and won every round 10-8.

jones-face.jpg

Do you know who the person in that pic is?

Yeah thats the guy that made Alex mother say the following:

Finally we found Alex, he was in a hospital bed just pumping with adrenaline. He just laid there, shaking and shivering. He was all bloody because of that elbow he got in the face. Seeing that, I just completely broke down. I threw myself at him and said "What are you doing? Are you crazy? What has he done to you?"

Robbed? Why dont MMA fans understand that close fights are just close fights where someone has to be declared the winner? You people act like Gus dismantled Jones for 25 minutes straight and won every round 10-8.

Only on Sherdog are close fights robbery.
A robbery is fights that are not close, have a clear winner but the judges gives it to the "loser".
See several of Diego S fights...

Back