Alexander Gustafsson has a message for Jon "Bones" Jones

Sarcasm takes a situation and turns it around on the other person. You admit the idea for this thread is Jones is scared. If anyone truly believes that they're delusional and should never breed.

Gus fans (and, yes, Jones haters) are riding high on the big man's performance on Saturday, and the possibilities that that performance seems to open up for the division as a whole.
What is it about ruining other people's joy that gets you hard?

LOL you compared the two gifs and showed how you thought they were different. Even now you're saying Jones looks worse. Worse at what exactly?

Personally I think Jones looks equally bad in both gifs; flailing about like a fool while trying desperately not to engage. :icon_lol:

Disclaimer (since those seem to be required on Sherdog now):
I don't think Jones is frightened.
I know he is willing to engage.
I am aware that those gifs are not completely representative of the fights from which they were captured.

Last edited:
Sorry I posted a response in a thread, why even respond to me if my posts bother you. jesus the douchbaggery here is out of control. This is a internet forum, sorry I dont read every damn thread on the site. As you can tell by my join date and amount of posts, I dont post a lot, except in subjects that pique my interest.

lol, helax, I think you might be a mite touchy. I wasn't bagging on you.

Rampage wasn't trying to take Jones down, Jones was running away from punches. That's quite different from pulling your feet away from a guy grabbing at your legs for a TD. Soccer kicks are illegal so there isn't a whole lot else to do there.

Yeah, he should have totally let that giant looping power punch hit him in his face. :rolleyes:

Gus obviously didn't want to grapple with jon, and jon obviously didn't want to stand and trade with gus all night, hence his 11? takedown attempts. No one is afraid here, it's just fighting smart.

Exactly. I have no issue with Gus scrambling away just like I had no issue with Jones getting away from Rampage or Larson with Manhoef. According to Shertards, they should be a man and stand there and get their skulls caved in...

#bushido

There is no basic difference in what's happening. Both Jones and Gus were caught out of position and turned to get away. Neither were cowards.

That gif of Jones with Rampage has been posted many times to insinuate Jones was a coward to stand there and take the punch. I posted the pic of Gus doing it knowing full well people like you would see one incident one way and the other incident in a totally different light. The Jones hate has brought the idiocy on here to new heights.

I see a few idiots in this thread, but you shine the brightest. Congratulations, sir.

Gus fans (and, yes, Jones haters) are riding high on the big man's performance on Saturday, and the possibilities that that performance seems to open up for the division as a whole.
What is it about ruining other people's joy that gets you hard?

Originally Posted by jimbob27
If you really hate a fighter, you lose all objectivity when it comes to discussing one of their fights.

That's all that's happened here. Gus did very well against the guy they hate, but he didn't do well enough to give them the satisfaction they crave, so they're feeling frustrated and are venting their rage by making stupid threads.

Jones has a message for all the haters

092113-UFC-John-Jones-Celebrates-PI-AA_20130922013749727_660_320.JPG

Originally Posted by jimbob27
If you really hate a fighter, you lose all objectivity when it comes to discussing one of their fights.

That's all that's happened here. Gus did very well against the guy they hate, but he didn't do well enough to give them the satisfaction they crave, so they're feeling frustrated and are venting their rage by making stupid threads.

No doubt, but it'll blow over...
And, to be honest, Jones fans are doing the same thing. Their hero didn't look quite as godly as they're used to, so they have to piss all over the joy of their counterpart fans just to make sure that no one can be happy if they aren't.

I see a few idiots in this thread, but you shine the brightest. Congratulations, sir.

Awww. Insults are the last refuge of the truly butt-hurt.

No doubt, but it'll blow over...
And, to be honest, Jones fans are doing the same thing. Their hero didn't look quite as godly as they're used to, so they have to piss all over the joy of their counterpart fans just to make sure that no one can be happy if they aren't.

Please direct me to all these threads started by Jones fans who are pissing all over Gus though?

I agree, the stupidity on this forum is out of control... Maybe you could help out, and stop posting?

For the record I did not say any fighter was a pussy for getting out of a bad position, but you're offering a false dichotomy if you're trying to say that Jones' ONLY options against Rampage were to either run, or get punched from behind.
And even if those were his only options, you have to question the logic of turning your back on an upright and leather-slinging opponent.

The point is that the Jones/Rampage gif looks pretty funny. If that sort of humour doesn't tickle you, then ignore it, but getting uppity about a joke is hardly the way to improve the quality of posts we get on Sherdog.

OK Jones had his back to Rampage, he reacted by getting the hell out of the way. What was he supposed to do stand there and take the punch? Back into him? What other options did he have? If he turned around he was within arms length of getting hit, and in a bad defensive spot. SO tell me what should he of done there????

And personally I see no humor in either gif, as they were fights and guys defending themselves. Nothing funny about either one really, just guys getting out of bad spots.

Your response has confirmed you are just a jealous butt-hurt Gus fan. :)

And I was rooting for Gus as well and will next fight. Jones won and should be happy about the win, glory, and that money.

Mmm, I'm confused right now, am I jealous about Anderson's money or Jones busted face ?? I'm not even Gus fan, I'm just dislike Jones.

wow this thread is really one big nerd fight..

lol, helax, I think you might be a mite touchy. I wasn't bagging on you.

Sorry if you werent, just been a day at work, and sick of all the hatred of Jones on these boards. I cant stand the guys personality, but damn is he a gifted fighter, and we had an amazing main event. Was a close fight, but the butthurt anti Jones people are out of control on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back