Alexander Gustafsson drug tested by USADA, requests that Anthony Johnson undergo his

Gus isn't, and I honestly don't think he ever has.

based on what?

i firmly believe that every professional athlete in every sport is using something. maybe gus isnt using gear, but he's probably on epo and hgh at the least (literally, they ALL are)

being a professional athlete requires help

"A request from Sweden has been sent to US Anti Doping commission to come and test me," Gustafsson posted to his official Facebook page. "This is the way it's done in Sweden, no matter where you are, you are under control which I really appreciate, I want my sport to be clean so everyone compete under the same terms.

"Therefore, I would like to request that the same tests applies to my competitor Rumble Johnson.

Ha ha, gus fearing the rumbling juggernaut.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/6...johnson-drug-test-cm-punk-dana-white-mma-news

Edit :the emphasis here is that he submitted a formal request to have Anthony tested, something no other fighter had done as far as i can recall.

Ok so what's the joke? Why are you lol'ing?

They probably both roid

Just depends on if they can fool the test or not, as I'm sure most fighters do.

I'll never understand the double standard sherdog has with PED's. You either support them or you don't, can't pick and choose when a request for additional testing is legitimate or fearful.

Gus in this case is just asking Rumble be subjected to the same standards as himself. Why would you NOT support this?

I'll probably pull for Rumble in this fight just because I've been following him on his come back but there's nothing out of line w/ Gus wanting this. Gus is required to so why not ask your opponent to as well. Smart thinking really.

As a Jones' fan I say:

AG > AJ by a mile

He just wants a clean game..

image.jpg

LMAO at the amount of Sherdog posters this picture fooled ;D

Lol at Jones fans shitting on Gus for asking aj to be tested.

Didn't hear a peep out of you when Jones was asking for Glover to get tested.

No athlete should ever be afraid of random testing to prove their legitimacy. The only issue I could see is if the fighter has to come out of pocket for their testing. But if the UFC or the commission is paying for the testing, there should be no issue.

No athlete should ever be afraid of random testing to prove their legitimacy. The only issue I could see is if the fighter has to come out of pocket for their testing. But if the UFC or the commission is paying for the testing, there should be no issue.

^Absolutely. The argument of "If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about" certainly applies here. And for Gus to request that his opponent complete the same testing isn't him being "scared," it's him looking for it to be fair and equal.

Be honest, folks. Do you REALLY think that a professional fighter, who's signed to fight another opponent, is truly "scared" to fight them? Gus has fought (and beaten) other compact, solid strikers in Jimi and Thiago. He's fought Jones for 25 minutes. Not to say Rumble isn't a beast, but do you really think he's scared? Especially because he's made this request about the testing? C'mon...

what I was saying is that it is not genuine for one fighter to say--hey I just got tested, now you have to. because the first fighter planned the test. That doesn't mean he is clean, especially if he requested the test. If the tests aren't random or often enough (if not random), they are essentially worthless this day and age. If Gus wanted that, he should have negotiated it into the contract like Jones does, instead of pulling this stuff afterward. It would be much more trustworthy for Gus to say--lets both get tested at the exact same time.

I don't think Gustafsson plannd this test though.

what I was saying is that it is not genuine for one fighter to say--hey I just got tested, now you have to. because the first fighter planned the test. That doesn't mean he is clean, especially if he requested the test. If the tests aren't random or often enough (if not random), they are essentially worthless this day and age. If Gus wanted that, he should have negotiated it into the contract like Jones does, instead of pulling this stuff afterward. It would be much more trustworthy for Gus to say--lets both get tested at the exact same time.

If you

Weidman did the same with Vitor after his random drug test

Nothing to see here.

Back