• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alexander Gust too much wasted movements

Love the guys who critique a fighter on how they should change thier style when they are winning doing what they are doing.

TS is probably also one of those people who say JDS should use more kicks.

No.

Alex is an awesome fighter with power and speed. I'm speaking as a fan of the sport. He's a promising fighter.

Is his chin good or did the shots not land but only looked like they landed?

Everytime Shogun hit him, I got raged he wouldn't get hurt.

He got popped pretty well a few times on the cheek from the overhands, but from what I could see in real-time Gus tucked his chin and rolled to his right with the more dangerous of the haymakers. Granted Shogun was telegraphing the piss out of them, but the vantage point from the couch is much different than the one Alex had. For him to recognize the incoming shot and properly shell and roll is a credit to his defense.

I'll have to watch the fight again and really look for it (especially in round 2), but Alex's face seemed to escape getting marked up. Even eating those shots to his cheek and still having his wits about him to duck under and slip the follow-up is pretty good in my book.

No.

Alex is an awesome fighter with power and speed. I'm speaking as a fan of the sport. He's a promising fighter.

He moves a lot. That is his style. Its makes him harder to hit. And as evidenced by his wins, it works.

Not every fighter has the same movement. I enjoy it that MMA has fighters with different styles of footwork.

Get the fuck out of here with that. Watch his other fights

Shogun and Penn were hurt and would've tapped to strikes if Gus and Rory would've kept attacking the body. Instead they took the path with less risk, when they should've tried to work the body more, which is what worked for Jones when he had Shogun hurt. Very few mma fighters rarely work their opponents body, it's as if the head is the only target that matters.

They got the win and that's what counts in the end, just wish they finished their fights earlier. reminds me of Nog going for the sub when he should've kept striking.

Back