Media Alex Volkanovski Calls Out Henry Cejudo

Great time to call him out Volk right after he retires..

tenor.gif

How is it BS?

Moiciano isn't a top 5 guy. He wasn't at the time either, and Frankie is washed up. We knew this going into those fights.

If KZ can run through another top contender the way he's been doing then I'm all for him getting a crack at the belt, but he definitely needs one more.

I'd like to see him against Ortega, just so they can settle this beef between them. If not him, then Zabit would be awesome. I think and hope he'd put Zabit out. Kattar would be a fun as fuck fight as well.

Come to think of it, KZ against literally everyone in the top 10 sounds like fireworks to me lol.
This is what I mean by hindsight 20/20

you call those wins above nothing special but at the time those fights were happening they were very real challenges Moicano was considered an upcoming beast with power I was here for threads when the fight was about to happen and I can't tell you how many fools in here were underrating KZ and picking Moicsno to walk thru him Same thing with Edgar Go check the edgar Munoz fight about to happen right now and go tell me how many people there think edgar is 'washed up' Straight laughable

so because KZ walks through them they're over it?

you picking Ortega as the next great challenge for KZ is casual stupidity for the exact reasons you said the other two were washed up You do understand that Ortega hasn't fought anyone in over 2 years right ?

You'll probably be the first to show up after that fight saying Ortega was overrated

the hindsight 20/20 and underrating of KZ has always been laughable here

for the record I don't think the Yair win was a fluke A win is a win and anyone who knows Yair well enough know that Yair is a wizard with those defensive elbows

How is it BS?

Moiciano isn't a top 5 guy. He wasn't at the time either, and Frankie is washed up. We knew this going into those fights.

If KZ can run through another top contender the way he's been doing then I'm all for him getting a crack at the belt, but he definitely needs one more.

I'd like to see him against Ortega, just so they can settle this beef between them. If not him, then Zabit would be awesome. I think and hope he'd put Zabit out. Kattar would be a fun as fuck fight as well.

Come to think of it, KZ against literally everyone in the top 10 sounds like fireworks to me lol.

edgar goes the distance with Holloway in the fight before KZ and before that beats Cub after Ortega and before that fight had beaten Jeremy Stephens and Yair

you mean that washed up Frankie?

shuddup please

you call those wins above nothing special but at the time those fights were happening they were very real challenges Moicano was considered an upcoming beast with power I was here for threads when the fight was about to happen and I can't tell you how many fools in here were underrating KZ and picking Moicsno to walk thru him Same thing with Edgar Go check the edgar Munoz fight about to happen right now and go tell me how many people there think edgar is 'washed up' Straight laughable

You call the people who were underrating KZ against Moic and Edgar fools, so clearly you thought they were wrong. I had the same thoughts as you coming into both of those fights. I could see how Edgar might have won with the right approach, but I didn't put money on that fight because I thought it was far more likely that KZ was going to put him down hard.

so because KZ walks through them they're over it?

And what? They can't be? Because he walked through them they must be awesome?

you picking Ortega as the next great challenge for KZ is casual stupidity for the exact reasons you said the other two were washed up You do understand that Ortega hasn't fought anyone in over 2 years right ?

In what way is it casual stupidity for me to think that KZ, who is ranked 4th, should maybe fight the guy who is ranked 2nd, who he also has marketable beef with?

Ortega hasn't fought in over 2 years? I don't know how time works where you're from, bro, but Ortega last fought in December 2018 That was just under 1.5 years ago from today.

You'll probably be the first to show up after that fight saying Ortega was overrated
the hindsight 20/20 and underrating of KZ has always been laughable here

I'm sitting here saying Ortega, Zabit, Kattar, etc. would all be good wins that would be enough to give KZ a title shot in my opinion. Why would I say these exact things and then say Ortega or whoever is overrated if KZ goes out and actually beats him?

I don't hate KZ or anything. I've enjoyed his fights since his WEC days, but you have to be realistic. He had a good run back in the day that lead him to Aldo, a fight which he was clearly losing but was still fairly competitive in despite what a lot of haters say. After that he was gone for years, and when he came back? Bermudez is a journeyman. He lost to Yair. Moic was still pretty unproven (still is now, really), and Frankie would have been 37 at the time and is nowhere near what he used to be.

I never said KZ's wins weren't good, just that I think he needs one more decent one over a surging contender that is right up there with him.

for the record I don't think the Yair win was a fluke A win is a win and anyone who knows Yair well enough know that Yair is a wizard with those defensive elbows

Well, yeah. As I said to another poster, a kill's a kill. KZ might have been winning that fight and made a stupid mistake at the very end, but it's not like that fight was a complete blowout in KZ's favor. It was a competitive fight.

edgar goes the distance with Holloway in the fight before KZ and before that beats Cub after Ortega and before that fight had beaten Jeremy Stephens and Yair

you mean that washed up Frankie?

shuddup please
Could it be possible that 39 yr old, 16 year MMA veteran Frankie got old overnight??? Thats freaking blasphemy

Could it be possible that 39 yr old, 16 year MMA veteran Frankie got old overnight??? Thats freaking blasphemy
According to you that's exactly what happened

we'll see what your opinion will be when he's competitive against Munoz which I full expect will happen

Ortega fought and beat both the guys in KZ's current streak + his last fight was for the title. He's still right up there and relevant, even if he does spend more time on instagram and picking fights with translators these days.

With Kattar, Stephens might be out of his prime, but what, Frankie isn't?

I don't really think Zabit is deserving of a title-shot personally. I think he's in the same standing as KZ and needs another good win, but he's surging and he's right up there regardless. Like I said, Moiciano is not that good, and Frankie is super washed up at this point. How are those two wins for KZ + a loss to Yair and a win over journeyman Bermudez way better than Stephens and Kattar back to back for Zabit?

You're downplaying KZ's recent streak, specifically Moicano, while acting like Zabit's streak matches KZ'S streak, yet Zabit's best wins are Kattar and Stephens, two guys that moicano beat.

So basically as much as you try to downplay KZ'S streak, you're downplaying zabit's even more.

I'm sure the UFC is just dying to give Cejudo a title fight at 145 right now - LOL

According to you that's exactly what happened

we'll see what your opinion will be when he's competitive against Munoz which I full expect will happen
I hope youre right. I fear if he has to continually rely on durability to get through the fight (ala Maynard I, Maynard II, Holloway, Ortega, Stephens, KZ), he won't be able to survive. Because he's out of prime.

You're downplaying KZ's recent streak, specifically Moicano, while acting like Zabit's streak matches KZ'S streak, yet Zabit's best wins are Kattar and Stephens, two guys that moicano beat.

So basically as much as you try to downplay KZ'S streak, you're downplaying zabit's even more.

The thing I don't like about Moiciano's wins is that he won by a close split over Jeremy. He beat Kattar and that was good. Cub is really a journeyman these days.

And I'm not ready to believe Frankie is somehow super relevant anymore. I love Frankie, but he got a title shot coming off a win over Cub.

I don't really think any of them have this incredible streak going on at FW if I'm honest. Personally, I like what some of the others are doing more in the division over KZ. I'd just like to see two of them fight and give us a clear no.1 contender. If that ends up being KZ, then sweet. Him vs Volk would be a fun scrap.

The thing I don't like about Moiciano's wins is that he won by a close split over Jeremy. He beat Kattar and that was good. Cub is really a journeyman these days.

And I'm not ready to believe Frankie is somehow super relevant anymore. I love Frankie, but he got a title shot coming off a win over Cub.

I don't really think any of them have this incredible streak going on at FW if I'm honest. Personally, I like what some of the others are doing more in the division over KZ. I'd just like to see two of them fight and give us a clear no.1 contender. If that ends up being KZ, then sweet. Him vs Volk would be a fun scrap.

The top 5 guys or so are all one win away from being the clear cut number one contender, but for some reason none of the top 5 have fought or even been scheduled for the past six months.

It's my favorite division and it's gone stagnant. Kattar said he wants to fight two more times this year. I hope he does because I like him and would like to see him leapfrog some of these inactive guys.

Last edited:
The top four guys or so we're all one win away from being the clear cut contender, but for some reason none of the top 5 have fought or even been scheduled for the past six months.

It's my favorite division and it's gone stagnant. Kattar said he wants to fight two more times this year. I hope he does because I like him and would like to see him leapfrog some of these inactive guys.

Yeah, I'm a fan of Kattar too.

KZ was having trouble finding a fight. Let him and Kattar bang it out for the next title shot. I reckon that would be a great fight.

Yeah, I'm a fan of Kattar too.

KZ was having trouble finding a fight. Let him and Kattar bang it out for the next title shot. I reckon that would be a great fight.

I'm a fan of Kattar too He has one of the prettier styles in the division Talk about float like a butterfly sting like a bee I just love watching his feet when he's boxing The best fighters usually have a great feet

him vs KZ is more intriguing to me than KZ vs Volk if I'm being honest

would be a banger!

u are right he has some great performances
but the holloway fight looked like a grind
Looked a grind for Max. In a fight entirely on the feet the man who was known for breaking down and brutally finishing opponents was comprehensively outstruck.

Looked a grind for Max. In a fight entirely on the feet the man who was known for breaking down and brutally finishing opponents was comprehensively outstruck.
there were mostly leg kicks, volk didnt press forward but counter punch
not even one 10-8 round
not a finish
there were also no seen major damage or tank gassing at the end of round 5
i respect and love both but its seems that the smarter fighter grind a win

Back