Media Alex Volkanovski Calls Out Henry Cejudo

Our OLYMPIC going for 4 gold's? Unbelievable!!

imagine having a shit load of contenders in ur division, and calling out a fighter from a lower division. Not a good look volcano ...
Better than the Holloway rematch they seem to be going for.

So sick of this. Any time a fighter gets to the top of their division, they immediately look for money fights or jumping into a new division. The concept of defending your division title against the division's contenders is an abstract concept to too many champs these days.

Stay in your lane, defend your belt against a couple of legit contenders, THEN go searching for the big names.

I'd rather that than the rematch with Max to be honest.

Why?

KZ is on a two fight win streak against Moiciano, who has only won one of his last three, and washed up Frankie. Before that he lost to Yair. People are seriously getting blinded by the nice finishes recently, but he isn't finishing dudes who are in talks for a TS.

There's more deserving fighters than KZ. He needs to beat Kattar, Zabit, Max, Ortega, or Yair first.
Here we go again with the minimizing hindsight 20/20 BS

WAAAAR Macedonian Phalanx Warior!

I don’t even understand why the ufc does short fights. All it does is mess up their divisions and the bump in ppvs isn’t significant

It's stupid but I think they are trying to recreate some Conor hype when he became the double champ. It's true the bump in PPVs for a singular superfight between two random champs aint that big of a fight but if it can create a star in a guy then it might be worth it.

Or they must just be desperate as they have been since the WME takeover. Even though the amount of viewers for a superfight may not increase PPVs much, there still is an increase.

They don't give two shits about the future of divisions, it's just the next "big" money grab available. Hell, they destroyed their FW champ Holloway by making him take an absolute beating at LW for a fucking interim title..

Cejudo makes comment that he would be willing to fight Volkanovski...

Volkanovski responds saying ok lets do it

You tell Volkanovski to shut up..... Makes sense.....

Hah this. Never change sherdog. And if he didn't respond, people would say he's shook/scared.

Why?

KZ is on a two fight win streak against Moiciano, who has only won one of his last three, and washed up Frankie. Before that he lost to Yair. People are seriously getting blinded by the nice finishes recently, but he isn't finishing dudes who are in talks for a TS.

There's more deserving fighters than KZ. He needs to beat Kattar, Zabit, Max, Ortega, or Yair first.
More deserving? Lmao ortega doesn't even fight anymore and is coming off a lost. Kattar is good but beat an out of prime stephans and zabit? Lmao does he even have a top ten win?

That’s a fight I would watch, which of course means that the UFC won’t set it up. Who needs fan friendly fights like Cejudo vs Volkanovski and Jones vs Ngannou when you can watch Nunez vs Spenser on PPV.

Odd call out. Calling out a retired guy in a lower weight class.

He taking cliff notes from Conor?

More deserving? Lmao ortega doesn't even fight anymore and is coming off a lost. Kattar is good but beat an out of prime stephans and zabit? Lmao does he even have a top ten win?

Ortega fought and beat both the guys in KZ's current streak + his last fight was for the title. He's still right up there and relevant, even if he does spend more time on instagram and picking fights with translators these days.

With Kattar, Stephens might be out of his prime, but what, Frankie isn't?

I don't really think Zabit is deserving of a title-shot personally. I think he's in the same standing as KZ and needs another good win, but he's surging and he's right up there regardless. Like I said, Moiciano is not that good, and Frankie is super washed up at this point. How are those two wins for KZ + a loss to Yair and a win over journeyman Bermudez way better than Stephens and Kattar back to back for Zabit?

Here we go again with the minimizing hindsight 20/20 BS

How is it BS?

Moiciano isn't a top 5 guy. He wasn't at the time either, and Frankie is washed up. We knew this going into those fights.

If KZ can run through another top contender the way he's been doing then I'm all for him getting a crack at the belt, but he definitely needs one more.

I'd like to see him against Ortega, just so they can settle this beef between them. If not him, then Zabit would be awesome. I think and hope he'd put Zabit out. Kattar would be a fun as fuck fight as well.

Come to think of it, KZ against literally everyone in the top 10 sounds like fireworks to me lol.

Back