Media Alex Pereira meets Badr Hari

Who wins if they were to fight (open weight) ?

• Total voters
i think what they're missing to get big in America is an American star. kickboxing has always been filled with Euros. hell, Australia has more representation in kickboxing than America does especially now a days.
Yeah I agree, they lack popular American fighters.
At the moment the biggest US-based fighters in GLORY are Troy Jones (fought for the interim WW-title), Elvis Gashi (fought for the LW-title twice) and Matt Baker (who’s doing quite a good job in the American MuayThai World Games aswell), and maybe a few other. Previously they also had Asa Ten Pow, but he signed with ONE FC last year.

Back in the day GLORY had American fighters like Joe Schilling and Raymond Daniels, who were quite well known.
Are there any more American kickboxers out there who could compete in GLORY you think? Or do they just not have more talented kickboxers who aren’t in GLORY already?

Yeah I agree, they lack popular American fighters.
At the moment the biggest US-based fighters in GLORY are Troy Jones (fought for the interim WW-title), Elvis Gashi (fought for the LW-title twice) and Matt Baker (who’s doing quite a good job in the American MuayThai World Games aswell), and maybe a few other. Previously they also had Asa Ten Pow, but he signed with ONE FC last year.

Back in the day GLORY had American fighters like Joe Schilling and Raymond Daniels, who were quite well known.
Are there any more American kickboxers out there who could compete in GLORY you think? Or do they just not have more talented kickboxers who already aren’t in GLORY?

to be honest i don't really follow kickboxing closely anymore since the old K-1 days and i didn't even know GLORY had those 3 Americans you said. like Joe Schilling and Raymond Daniels are good but they're not exactly stars in America.

i guess what i meant was they need someone who is like a superstar in the making. Americans always like fighters who are talkers. they need someone like that. a guy who can talk a good game on the mic AND back it up in the ring in spectacular fashion. i also think like you said there's not a lot of American talent in kickboxing. most Americans will focus on MMA or boxing and even those sports are watered down because the big 3 sports in America are NFL/NBA/MLB.

Hairy is nothing without the juice.

Badr vs Remy at the WGP Final was the peak of Badrs career and he completely blew it that was one of the most disappointing moments im sure anyone who was watching at the time would agree <{danayeah}>

I'm still surprised kickboxing isn't bigger, with small gloves and a few rule tweaks I could really see it as being the most exciting combat sport. We just need a good US promotion to get us to know the fighters.

Yeah, it’s crazy, GOLF gets more viewers ‍:sigh:

I can’t speak for others, but at the turn of the century, K-1 was bigger than Pride in my part of the woods. Sadly, it didn’t last. But that period, at least to me, was the most exciting in combat sports. I think I rewatched Lebanner against Hunt like a dozen times.

The antecipation of K1 WGP was epic!

wheres everyone now saying that Alex should move to HW? Badr dwarfs the guy.

Bugger me I didnt realise he was such a big dude.

they don't even need to change that. K-1 boasted something like a 90% KO rate and it still didn't take off. people complain about UFC and grappling but they never supported K-1.
Very true, I caught the tale end of k-1 as I started to get into MMA and loved it. Watched Overeems run, even though it was a little anti-climatic with Saki's are the excitement of fighting multiple times in one night was crazy. Aerts beating Semmy was epic too.

Hari is only 38? Holy cow. Still, the milage of over 100 bouts adds up.

Very true, I caught the tale end of k-1 as I started to get into MMA and loved it. Watched Overeems run, even though it was a little anti-climatic with Saki's are the excitement of fighting multiple times in one night was crazy. Aerts beating Semmy was epic too.
Yeah bud I agree.
Vert cool that GLORY is bringing back the heavyweight Grand Prix system this year!

You know I prefer kickboxing, but I guess MMA is more likely
Yeah I know, lol.
Imagine if Poatan was still around in GLORY. Many exciting matchups still to make! Obviously the Artem Vakhitov trilogy is there, and lots of other super interesting matchups at LHW too, that division is wide open. Seeing Pereira try out heavyweight would be super cool and the idea of having him in the December Grand Prix excites me a lot, and then there’re even one or two matchups at MW for Alex I still would love to see (the division has a young new champion and clear #1 contender)

You do know he was roided to the gills and Alex would probably be bigger on that?

Back