• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alex Pereira Expects Jones to 'Dominate' at Heavyweight, says Ngannou Boxing Fury is 'Suicide.'.

My boy Artem Levin took him and Vakhitov to kickboxing school though, Levin was one of my favorite kickboxers back in the day and now he's a striking coach for a lot of MMA fighters.

Yeah, I used to have dreams before fights that my opponent got replaced and last minute backstage id find out I'd have to fight some killer like Pereira randomly. I'd vomit hoping I could pull the "I'm sick card" in the dream to get out of the fight haha.
He has that Deontay wilder power,where any left he throws could kill you,even if it didnt look like it should.

He sprinkles the ACAI fairy dust on the left fist and puts you in the forever box

“I”ll give you a dumb example: If you ask someone who’s never trained in in his life to go against someone experienced and tell him to hit as hard as he can to knock him out, he’ll gas out in three minutes, and then one weak punch will knock him out since he has no defense anymore and can barely stand still. To me, knowing how to defend yourself is the the most important thing.”

Worked fine for Homer Simpson... And he was 11 and a half rounds away from becoming world champion

36gv.gif

He has that Deontay wilder power,where any left he throws could kill you,even if it didnt look like it should.

He sprinkles the ACAI fairy dust on the left fist and puts you in the forever box

It's cool how he came to combat sports late but was gifted from God so it didn't really matter.

Reactions: HHJ
It's cool how he came to combat sports late but was gifted from God so it didn't really matter.
He just came out the box with "THE PUNCH"

and knows how to use that thing.

He just came out the box with "THE PUNCH"

and knows how to use that thing.

As I resident Alex Pereira critic I still appreciate the hell out of the guy. He and Jack Della might be the biggest hitters in MMA right now.

Alex about to get canceled by the hypersensitive fans for not sticking with their narratives.

As I resident Alex Pereira critic I still appreciate the hell out of the guy. He and Jack Della might be the biggest hitters in MMA right now.
I can just imagine how the boxing coach discovering that left must have been drooling

I can just imagine how the boxing coach discovering that left must have been drooling

I think about stuff like this a lot. It's shocking how power works, I'd hold pads for some guy who's never had a fight whos just trained off and on for years and feel pain in my bones when they hit them and then I'd hold pads for some boxer or MMA fighter and they wouldn't hit half as hard. Don't get me wrong, those proper fighters would kill those guys and there's a lot of qualities besides power but it's strange. I bet Pereira was an extreme case of this, especially with his punches. Yair seems to kick absurdly fast and hard though but his hair is starting to thin and recede I think.

I think about stuff like this a lot. It's shocking how power works, I'd hold pads for some guy who's never had a fight whos just trained off and on for years and feel pain in my bones when they hit them and then I'd hold pads for some boxer or MMA fighter and they wouldn't hit half as hard.
There is this guy in my gym, just started maybe a year ago, 5'10", 165lbs top. And whenever I hold pads for him, I feel every punch in all my bones and my hands are numb after 30s. Doesn't make any sense.

My boy Artem Levin took him and Vakhitov to kickboxing school though, Levin was one of my favorite kickboxers back in the day and now he's a striking coach for a lot of MMA fighters.

Yeah, I used to have dreams before fights that my opponent got replaced and last minute backstage id find out I'd have to fight some killer like Pereira randomly. I'd vomit hoping I could pull the "I'm sick card" in the dream to get out of the fight haha.
That was a green Pereira... Every elite fighter was taking Pereira to kickboxing school at the time. Look what Jason Wilnis and Belgarouri did to Pereira when he was green and then look what he did to them in the rematches when he hit his prime. He finished Belgaroui twice after that and Wilnis once. Also Levin lost twice with Simon Marcus while Pereira tooled Marcus twice.

View attachment 969123

Jon Jones and Ciryl Gane will battle for the vacant UFC heavyweight championship now that Francis Ngannou has relinquished his title and parted ways with the promotion, and UFC middleweight titleholder Alex Pereira expects “Bones” to be successful in his quest for more gold.

Jones hasn’t entered the octagon since February 2020, defending his 205-pound throne for the final time in a close decision win over Dominick Reyes, and has teased a potential move to heavyweight ever since. Jones finally re-enters the cage against Gane in the main event of UFC 285 in Las Vegas on March 4.

Meanwhile, Ngannou is focused on securing a match with boxing champion Tyson Fury. Even though that could be a very profitable bout for the man that beat Gane, Stipe Miocic, Cain Velasquez, Junior dos Santos, Jairzinho Rozenstruik and Curtis Blaydes in his final six octagon appearances, Pereira doesn’t expect Ngannou to be that successful in the squared circle.

Ngannou does have impressive knockout power, but Fury has shown great chin and heart throughout his impeccable 33-0-1 career in boxing.

Link: https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...cis-ngannou-tyson-fury-suicide-mma-boxing-ufc

I can't wait for Fury to splat Francis

There is this guy in my gym, just started maybe a year ago, 5'10", 165lbs top. And whenever I hold pads for him, I feel every punch in all my bones and my hands are numb after 30s. Doesn't make any sense.

You sound frail. Possibly need testosterone checked.

Alex turned Muslim a while ago and he thinks cheating Jon who was battered by lesser opponents in Reyes and Gus and Santos, will somehow beat a bigger and stronger and more talented and more athletic guy in Gane who is also a kickboxing champ!!! That’s absolutely Haram

Nah assuming Jones comes in looking good, I think Gane is a much less difficult match up. Ngannou is ridiculously strong and powerful, and now shows he has solid takedown defense. Jones would probably have to stand with him for all 5 rounds and be extremely careful with his oblique kicks and whatnot trying to maintain distance and out point him. Gane on the other hand has much less one punch power, and got out wrestled by a one legged non wrestler in Ngannou. He clearly showed a glaring deficit.

Jone’s path to victory is very clear. I like Pereira, but that was a weird take imo.

Ngannou should just go for broke the first round. Worst case he loses and makes millions.

Alex P is not taking 4oz gloves into consideration. The same defensive tactics used in boxing won't work. It's kind of like a new sport at that point, big gloves change a lot of things. Ngannou has KOd HWs with glancing blows in those gloves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back