Alex Caceres Deserves A Step Up In Competition

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Regardless of the split decision, he obviously took that fight 29-28. Roland Delorme was on a 3 fight win streak and before than win, Alex was arguably 5-0 at bantamweight if it wasn't for a bullshit point deduction and an overturned win due to Marijuana. In my opinion, he deserves a top 10 opponent after that win. He's only getting better, training at The MMA Lab with Benson Henderson and John Crouch. Hopefully he doesn't get popped for anymore drug tests in the future. What do you guys think?

I say either Roop/Rivera winner, Ivan Menjivar if he beats Reis, or Mike Easton.

ilCyNOdHKov0L.gif

Last edited:
I love him and his fighting style ; Agree he deserves someone with a name .
If he can work on that TD defense he definitely has a chance to beat some really decent guys.

Caceres vs. Assuncao/Dillashaw winner

Huge step up, but fuck it.

He'll get KTFO by any half decent striker, dude has glass for a chin and hits like a girl. Shame as he moves really well and has some talent for striking.

Yeah he is a beast. He should be undefeated at BW. Really fun style to watch too.

He'll get KTFO by any half decent striker, dude has glass for a chin and hits like a girl. Shame as he moves really well and has some talent for striking.

He's never been knocked out before what the fuck are you talking about?

you clearly haven't watched all his fights

You clearly don't know the meaning of glass chin. A fighter can get rocked or dropped without being knocked out. That isn't having a glass chin. If anything, he has bad striking defense. He keeps his hands low, but his chin is by no means bad.

Everytime the dude gets touched he gets sent sprawling, if he fights a guy with any real power he's going to sleep.

Everytime the dude gets touched he gets sent sprawling, if he fights a guy with any real power he's going to sleep.

He recovers in seconds. He doesn't have a bad chin. Regardless of how many times he gets tagged you have no evidence at all of him having a bad chin, only bad striking defense.

He blocks punches with his face. Aint no glass chin dude, never been KOd.

Getting dropped constantly doesn't really indicate a good chin to me

It indicates bad striking defense. His chin is fine. He's never been KO'ed. That fact in itself gives you no argument. As soon as he hits the ground, he's fully aware and working to get to his feet or work for subs. He's never just laid there out of it.

Wandy used to be the same, i would say he has a bad chin too, they both recover great but it won't be long before a decent striker puts him out cold.

He failed a drug test after two wins. Now he's won again. He'll likely get a step up, but we saw he could be beat, and was 2-of-3 in 2011. So he's building slowly.

you clearly haven't watched all his fights

He's been dropped a couple times, but in both cases he seemed lackadaisical, with his hands down. He needs to be tighter with his defense. Also seems like a slow starter, he was tagging Delorme with some semi-powerrful shots towards the end. I don't think he should get a top 10 just yet, but a solid top 15 fighter.

Jaboin, Perez, Bowles or even Roop would be good scraps.

If you've never been knocked out you don't have a glass chin. His issue is he likes to keep his hands low and gets tagged a lot. I can't tell if you're trolling

He failed a drug test after two wins. Now he's won again. He'll likely get a step up, but we saw he could be beat, and was 2-of-3 in 2011. So he's building slowly.

He's moved down 2 weight classes and that was before he joined The Lab in AZ. I think he'll only continue to improve. He's 25 years old.

Back