Alex Caceres Deserves A Step Up In Competition

He should fight George roop or the winner of Roop's next fight

Maybe glass is a bit harsh but if he fights someone like Dillashaw i think he'll get tko'd. Roop is a better fight but i doubt he'll win that either.

He should fight George roop or the winner of Roop's next fight

George Roop vs. Francisco Rivera winner would be cool. Roop talks mad shit about Caceres. If not that, maybe Menjivar if he wins tonight. He's still in the top 10.

I think Cacares vs. Mike Easton would be good too.

He's moved down 2 weight classes and that was before he joined The Lab in AZ. I think he'll only continue to improve. He's 25 years old.

Oh, I do too. Was just trying to explain why he was not already fighting bigger competition yet.

He'll get KTFO by any half decent striker, dude has glass for a chin and hits like a girl. Shame as he moves really well and has some talent for striking.

pretty much this!
i love to watch his fights but he is not able to compete at the top. in his recent interviews it sounded like he is aware of that.

pretty much this!
i love to watch his fights but he is not able to compete at the top. in his recent interviews it sounded like he is aware of that.

What interview do you speak of?

they announced him as being on a three fight win streak so oi guess dana is treating it as her won still

I agree. I think it would be favorable to have given him the win in his last six, but IMO he was a better fighter than all of them. He did more damage, but could have been felled once or twice on fouls and position.

I say give him Mizugaki. I think that would be a really interesting fight. Both are well-rounded guys, fairly good athletes, and fight smart enough. Mizugaki is a reasonable step up. He's an established gatekeeper. If Bruce beats him, then we can talk about pitting him against contenders like the Assuncao/Dill winner.

He has potential and he's at the right place now in the Lab for a step up in competition.

I agree. I think it would be favorable to have given him the win in his last six, but IMO he was a better fighter than all of them. He did more damage, but could have been felled once or twice on fouls and position.

I say give him Mizugaki. I think that would be a really interesting fight. Both are well-rounded guys, fairly good athletes, and fight smart enough. Mizugaki is a reasonable step up. He's an established gatekeeper. If Bruce beats him, then we can talk about pitting him against contenders like the Assuncao/Dill winner.

Mizugaki is a really good fight, I didn't even think about that.

I would absolutely love to see T.J Dillashaw Vs Alex Caceres.

I would absolutely love to see T.J Dillashaw Vs Alex Caceres.

As would I, although I feel if Dillashaw beats Assuncao, he needs a contender fight. A fight with Caceres would be a step back.

Delorme to Mizugaki is a huge step up, i think he gets beaten badly in that fight.

Bedford, Bowles, Caraway, Easton, Pickett, Roop, Yamamoto might be better.

Delorme to Mizugaki is a huge step up, i think he gets beaten badly in that fight.

Bedford and Bowles both coming off of lopsided loses. Yamamoto is on a 3 fight losing streak and has never won inside the UFC. Caraway is 1-1.

Easton, Pickett or Roop/Rivera makes sense. Caceres and Mizugaki are around the same place in the division, not sure how it doesn't make sense.

That's a short-sighted way to look at it. At the beginning of this six fight streak where he's been better than all his opponents, he was facing guys like Page, Figueroa, and Escovedo. I actually think he's taken step backs in competition recently (some would argue with Fig especially, but I thought he beat Delorme). Page, for one, was a solid win just under Mizugaki. He only lost to contenders, and beat notable guys like Jorgensen, Galvao, and Campuzano. He wasn't past his prime either when Bruce beat him. I thought he looked great in his last fight outside UFC. Mizugaki isn't much of a step up from fighters Bruce has beaten in the past. And I say this while having a lot of respect from Mizugaki. But it's a winnable fight. He's not really good in one area. Just a solid well-rounded fighter. Leroy has the potential to beat him on length and movement.

That's a short-sighted way to look at it. At the beginning of this six fight streak where he's been better than all his opponents, he was facing guys like Page, Figueroa, and Escovedo. I actually think he's taken step backs in competition recently (some would argue with Fig especially, but I thought he beat Delorme). Page, for one, was a solid win just under Mizugaki. He only lost to contenders, and beat notable guys like Jorgensen, Galvao, and Campuzano. He wasn't past his prime either when Bruce beat him. I thought he looked great in his last fight outside UFC. Mizugaki isn't much of a step up from fighters Bruce has beaten in the past. And I say this while having a lot of respect from Mizugaki. But it's a winnable fight. He's not really good in one area. Just a solid well-rounded fighter. Leroy has the potential to beat him on length and movement.

Great explanation.

I don't think he's ready for that fight yet, it would be a big step back for mizugaki too, don't think he'd want to fight him. Roop, bowles, Pickett, Easton imo

I don't think he's ready for that fight yet, it would be a big step back for mizugaki too, don't think he'd want to fight him. Roop, bowles, Pickett, Easton imo

So, Mizugaki is too big a step up, but Pickett and Easton, two guys ranked inside the top 10 are not? That makes absolutely no sense. And how can you recommend Bowles AND Roop when Roop just KO'ed Bowles? How can they BOTH make sense?

Back