Alex becoming more of an underdog

i just saw the strike totals for that fight and poatan was losing until the 5th round. he was down 3-1 on the scorecards.
Alex out struck Izzy going into the fifth and just kept piling up that lead throughout that last round.

Screen Shot 2023-04-01 at 10.48.05 AM.png

At the time of this picture Alex was up 132-110

From my count up to this point in the fifth izzy landed 7 shots, Alex 15. So to start round five it was somewhere around 117-103 in favour of Alex.

This fight was the mma equivalent of Chavez vs Taylor 1 - where one guys (Taylor/Izzy) was winning the aesthetics (look) of the fight with head shots and movement while the other guy (Chavez/Alex) was winning the unseen fight of body shots and in this case leg kicks. Which lead directly to him (Chavez/Alex) being able to push hard in that last round and get a stoppage.

Throw in the fact that Alex shutdown one of Izzy's two main weapons - leg kicks - by checking the majority of them while landing his own.

And TS going on about "sloppy striking" if that was the case and Alex was just a big puncher who overwhelms and lands his big shot he'd have been exposed in Glory a long time ago - similar to how Mayorga was exposed once he started fight the elite in boxing (outside of forrest). He certainly would have never smelt the championship let alone 2 championships in two different weight divisions. If he was just a sloppy fighter with a heavy shot he would have been schooled and beaten up by Vakhitov. Instead he went 1-1 with one of the LHW GOATs in kickboxing.

This fight is for sure close and I would not be surprised if Izzy wins but Alex has proven he is his equal or better in 3 fights now; with two stoppages. All their fights have been close and for a moron, TS not you, to start threads about izzy being the better striker and it's all fluke is just stupidity and trolling rolled into one. There was a time, not matter who you were, when you had threads like this negated to wastelands or deleted.

Anyhow, end of rant.

I hope that Alex can pull it off and he should not be an underdog but I also understand that Izzy is the more marketable fighter hence getting the money laid down on him as the favourite.

A week out and I'm already nervous for this fight.

Youd have to be braindead to think Izzy is a better striker. He got KOd twice standing in 2 different sports and lost a decision.

Alex made it to the top of MW kickboxing became the best of his era and maybe even best MW kickboxer ever and even moved up and captured the LHW title. Alex was ranked no. 1 P4P in kickboxing at one point. He also KOd Izzy to near death, literally nearly killed it and it was so horrific it made Izzy change sports to MMA.

Izzy was a good top 10 MW in kickboxing but a pre prime Belgaroui is the only real name he beat. In striking he cant hold a candle to Alex who made it to the top while Izzy ran away with a padded record where 90% of his kickboxing wins were nobodies. Lost to the top dawgs like Alex and Wilnis and his record was inflated by can crushing in New Zealand.

EVd526eUcAAoNPA-1.jpg

rcwpkoajbse61.jpg

Izzy is without a doubt the better striker, did you even watch the last fight?

Seems like a 50/50 fight. If Izzy doesn't close it out in the first 2 and a half rounds then it almost certainly goes to Alex.

Izzy is without a doubt the better striker, did you even watch the last fight?
The fight where he had to clinch Alex anytime he got close, and hold him against the fence? Alex has finished Izzy standing on two occasions, and mixes up to the head, legs and body. Izzy running away the whole time, and doing some bizarre showboating gestures, doesn't make him a better striker than a Glory Kickboxing double champ.

The fight where he had to clinch Alex anytime he got close, and hold him against the fence? Alex has finished Izzy standing on two occasions, and mixes up to the head, legs and body. Izzy running away the whole time, and doing some bizarre showboating gestures, doesn't make him a better striker than a Glory Kickboxing double champ.

Power =/= skill. Izzy was more active, accurate and had much better movement. If alex wasnt a bigger stronger opponent he would have easily lost. I can tell you didnt even watch the fight lol.

Izzy opened at -155, now is -225, Alex +135 and now +180

I think people are starting to realise the obvious, Izzy is the better striker and grappler.

He's had Alex out twice, Alex essentially being out on his feet unable to recover on his own. But bless the guy, he was fighting in brazil so had a hometown ref give him a 2nd chance - go watch some kickboxing to see just how rare a standing 8 count is - 99% of the time the wobbly guy is just swarmed and finished. Love a hometown ref.

And then of course, the fluke end of round timing.

So if the fight plays out the same, Alex comes forward with his sloppy goofy striking, hes likely going to get KO'd (again) - yet this time no home town ref to save him, and very unlikely the fluke timing of the 1st round bell will.

I know "3-0" is very compelling and most of you aren't capable of assessing a fight beyond the final result, so please if you believe Alex is better, get out there and bet on him. Some late volume would help to move the odds a bit, and make Izzy more of a value proposition!

Thanks.
I thank you for your patronage...
But I made enough money on their last fight to not need to make more money over the same fools this time again....

If you need a loan, I will charge only 3-0% APR :D

(when you want to cope on 0 - 3)
alex literally knocked your boy out from kick boxing and achieved a title that izzy failed to achieve, a glory middleweight championship title, defended it 4 times and became a LHW champion only to come to MMA and take izzy UFC belt too
you and izzy won't ever live that down.

Word

Power =/= skill. Izzy was more active, accurate and had much better movement. If alex wasnt a bigger stronger opponent he would have easily lost.

Alex hurt Izzy to the legs, body and head. Besides that shot at the end of the round, Izzy had no success against Alex on the feet. Most of his success came from grappling and clinching. If you believe this translates into Izzy being a better striker, so be it. It's clear you don't understand what you're watching

I think people are starting to realise the obvious, Izzy is the better striker and grappler.

He's had Alex out twice, Alex essentially being out on his feet unable to recover on his own. But bless the guy, he was fighting in brazil so had a hometown ref give him a 2nd chance - go watch some kickboxing to see just how rare a standing 8 count is - 99% of the time the wobbly guy is just swarmed and finished. Love a hometown ref.

So if the fight plays out the same, Alex comes forward with his sloppy goofy striking, hes likely going to get KO'd (again) - yet this time no home town ref to save him, and very unlikely the fluke timing of the 1st round bell will.

I know "3-0" is very compelling and most of you aren't capable of assessing a fight beyond the final result, so please if you believe Alex is better, get out there and bet on him. Some late volume would help to move the odds a bit, and make Izzy more of a value proposition!

Thanks.
OR Izzy is just more well known and bookmakers are adjusting the odds to account for that fact.

Odds are a reflection of who bookmakers think people are more likely to think will win and they’re adjusted to cover either outcome so they can make money either way.

It isn’t some secret cabal of sports soothsayers predicting who will win.

Thanks.

Is this a joke? How many times does Alex need to whoop that ass for people to get it?

OR Izzy is just more well known and bookmakers are adjusting the odds to account for that fact.

Odds are a reflection of who bookmakers think people are more likely to think will win and they’re adjusted to cover either outcome so they can make money either way.

It isn’t some secret cabal of sports soothsayers predicting who will win.

Izzy is more well known and the causal public is betting on him causing the line adjustment.

Guys coping on a 0-3 record for Izzy, hilarious hahahahaha

Izzy only wins this one via lay'n'pray, shertards thinks that Poatan is an idiot to enter a wild exchange with Adesanya like many foolish fighter did and got KTFO

Izzy's fanboys are the worst, fortunately will eat more crow this month

Back