Alex becoming more of an underdog

Post your slip.

Izzy opened at -155, now is -225, Alex +135 and now +180

I think people are starting to realise the obvious, Izzy is the better striker and grappler.

He's had Alex out twice, Alex essentially being out on his feet unable to recover on his own. But bless the guy, he was fighting in brazil so had a hometown ref give him a 2nd chance - go watch some kickboxing to see just how rare a standing 8 count is - 99% of the time the wobbly guy is just swarmed and finished. Love a hometown ref.

And then of course, the fluke end of round timing.

So if the fight plays out the same, Alex comes forward with his sloppy goofy striking, hes likely going to get KO'd (again) - yet this time no home town ref to save him, and very unlikely the fluke timing of the 1st round bell will.

I know "3-0" is very compelling and most of you aren't capable of assessing a fight beyond the final result, so please if you believe Alex is better, get out there and bet on him. Some late volume would help to move the odds a bit, and make Izzy more of a value proposition!

Thanks.

Youd have to be braindead to think Izzy is a better striker. He got KOd twice standing in 2 different sports and lost a decision.

Alex made it to the top of MW kickboxing became the best of his era and maybe even best MW kickboxer ever and even moved up and captured the LHW title. Alex was ranked no. 1 P4P in kickboxing at one point. He also KOd Izzy to near death, literally nearly killed it and it was so horrific it made Izzy change sports to MMA.

Izzy was a good top 10 MW in kickboxing but a pre prime Belgaroui is the only real name he beat. In striking he cant hold a candle to Alex who made it to the top while Izzy ran away with a padded record where 90% of his kickboxing wins were nobodies. Lost to the top dawgs like Alex and Wilnis and his record was inflated by can crushing in New Zealand.

EVd526eUcAAoNPA-1.jpg

rcwpkoajbse61.jpg

lmao if you actually followed kickboxing you'd be laughing at your own post.

Do you know how rare it is for a ref to give a standing 8? it almost never happens. Do i need to spell out to you what happens 99% of the time in that 2nd fight without the hometown ref? surely even as a shertarder you are not that dense

You post all that garbage and totally avoid the only reason Alex was even in that fight.

In what world is someone that is literally a charity case - given a 2nd chance by a hometown ref - the better striker? hes simply not.
Actions speak louder than words. Alex was all but put away in the 2nd fight, again in the 3rd (he even started to panic wrestle round 3)

Your'e in the minority here. Odds makers have watched the fights, the betting public have watched the fights - and izzy is moving to a bigger favourite all the time.

final question - do you even think when you post?

lol hes not more strong and skilled when the only way he got through the 2nd fight was the charity of a hometown ref

Odds makes know this, the people placing bets know this. Thats why Izzy is now a 2.25:1 favourite

Also... why does a 2 x glory champ who has a considerable size advantage get turned into a panic wrestler?
We shall see. Bring that same energy when izzys head rolls.

Alex was the better striker. Izzy had literally 2 seconds where he hurt Alex. Besides that, Alex was winning on the feet and Izzy was only up on the cards because of the grappling

how do you just spout random garbage that has zero correlation with facts?

Izzy was winning the stand up for the 3 of the first 4 rounds - thats the whole reason Alex panic wrestled in the 3rd. Izzy's ground control came from reversing that.

We shall see. Bring that same energy when izzys head rolls.

lol if I changed my mind after the fact that would be as lame as pretending I won when the ref had to breathe life into me to give me a 2nd chance.

I think people are starting to realise the obvious, Izzy is the better striker and grappler.

He's had Alex out twice, Alex essentially being out on his feet unable to recover on his own. But bless the guy, he was fighting in brazil so had a hometown ref give him a 2nd chance - go watch some kickboxing to see just how rare a standing 8 count is - 99% of the time the wobbly guy is just swarmed and finished. Love a hometown ref.

So if the fight plays out the same, Alex comes forward with his sloppy goofy striking, hes likely going to get KO'd (again) - yet this time no home town ref to save him, and very unlikely the fluke timing of the 1st round bell will.

I know "3-0" is very compelling and most of you aren't capable of assessing a fight beyond the final result, so please if you believe Alex is better, get out there and bet on him. Some late volume would help to move the odds a bit, and make Izzy more of a value proposition!

Thanks.
This is sorta the Usman vs Leon fight. Izzy was winning till he wasn't. People say Pereira has his number but I'm not betting on that.

how do you just spout random garbage that has zero correlation with facts?

Izzy was winning the stand up for the 3 of the first 4 rounds - thats the whole reason Alex panic wrestled in the 3rd. Izzy's ground control came from reversing that.

Alex won 4:59 seconds standing in the first round. Izzy wins because the big shot he lands with 1 second to go.

Alex obviously won the second round standing.

Alex was slightly winning the third standing before the TD, but it was mostly Izzy cotroling him on the ground

Izzy won the 4th standing

Alex was easily winning the 5th round standing before finishing Izzy

Its downright delusional to think Izzy was winning the stand up. Izzy was winning because of the grappling. Alex was winning on the feet mostly

Alex won 4:59 seconds standing in the first round. Izzy wins because the big shot he lands with 1 second to go.

Alex obviously won the second round standing.

Alex was slightly winning the third standing before the TD, but it was mostly Izzy cotroling him on the ground

Izzy won the 4th standing

Alex was easily winning the 5th round standing before finishing Izzy

Its downright delusional to think Izzy was winning the stand up. Izzy was winning because of the grappling. Alex was winning on the feet mostly
Looked like Alex could end it any time Izzy was on the cage. Izzy didn't look comfortable standing with him

Reactions: 613
lol if I changed my mind after the fact that would be as lame as pretending I won when the ref had to breathe life into me to give me a 2nd chance.
Think only izzy needed to be resuscitated after the fight not king poatan

aww you poor retard, my take aligns with the odds.

The opening odds where set by analysts looking at the detail of how the fights played out. The odds as they are now... its reflective of the consensus opinion of those betting.

Your take probably aligns with your room temp IQ understanding which is limited to "3-0"

So what are you saying retard? that without the ref Alex would have recovered on his own and been ok? not in a million years. For all intents and purposes he was TKO'd. 99% of the time he is - its super rare for a ref to give a standing 8 - but apparently not in brazil, when your'e from brazil.

You might not like it, but I'm right.

I'm just trolling you morons tbh. I know the majority of you can't grasp the dynamics of how and why a fight played out, what external factors where at play. What the vegas odds are and why. Keep at it "3-0" its easier for you to understand.

And because its '3-0", go bet on Alex!

I can tell you have nothing to offer. Zero technical analysis, just some schmuck who needs bookie makers to tell him who wins a fight. Along with your child-like manner of speech despite being here 16 years and counting(so you can't be a young kid who gets an excuse for acting like an idiot) you will always be wrong even if Adesanya wins, because if he does it won't be because of a single thing you spouted here.

The gambling probably runs so deep in your blood because you were a betting baby. Your dad's mates egged him on to bang this undesirable lady but he put up a bet to prove them wrong. Here you are today.

Thanks.

Adesanya is the more popular fighter. In the real world, where the basement dwellers of Sherdog fear to go, Adesanya is beloved by fans and the majority are rooting for him. That lone is influencing beating action

That’s not surprising. I haven’t seen the 2 KB fights. But most people that have say Izzy could have won the decision in the first one. And the second, and mma fight he was ahead on the cards until he got finished. And a lot of people think Izzy is much better than Alex in the wrestling part of mma.

The same way Usman was favoured in the trilogy fight with Edwards.

This fight is pretty much the same coin flip for me as the last fight. But Izzy has to be a little rattled at this point. Believing he is better, but still losing all 3 fights. And pretty much everybody believing he is clearly better in mma. That was supposed to be the equalizer in that last fight.

Still not sure what my pick will be. But, I would not even consider betting my own money on this fight.

Thanks.
Bet slip please

I'm putting some money on Alex today. Lol, I think if Poaton can get a TD early in the Rd instead of in the last 20 seconds or so, then he can make it a lot easier on himself and inflict some damage.

Alex was the better striker. Izzy had literally 2 seconds where he hurt Alex. Besides that, Alex was winning on the feet and Izzy was only up on the cards because of the grappling
i just saw the strike totals for that fight and poatan was losing until the 5th round. he was down 3-1 on the scorecards
not sure why everyone is gay for poatan. and i am not even an izzy fan.
some of the poatan fans are a strange bunch.
alex is a great kickboxer who got fast tracked to a title shot without facing a legit grappler.
he is just sitting there waiting to be strangled.

Back