Aldo's last three fights in 2019

He refused the rematch because he had 2 weeks notice or something. He wants to rematch, but not with 2 weeks notice.

The ‘Aldo ducked rematch’ spin on what actually happened is only espoused by the biggest retards on this site.

That’s true
Even though Conor called it there are still a large number of people that think it was a lucky knock out(I am not one of them) so there is always that to cling to
If he fights Conor again and loses then that’s it for him he loses the rivalry the legacy and he may even lose GOAT status(In some people’s eyes)
I doubt mcgregor takes it as it does literally nothing for him
His haters will say he is fighting a Manlet past his prime and he can’t get any better than a 13 second KO
If I was Aldo assuming he beats moicano which I think he will I would sit for a bit and wait for the Holloway situation to unfold
If max vacates or loses he gets a title shot
I think it’s time for him to move on from mcgregor as no matter what some say it doesn’t define him

From Conor’s side, the options might be limited in a way that most people don’t understand, if he loses his next fight.

He can fight Nate regardless, that’s true, but he isn’t going to get a title shot vs Khabib, and guys like GSP, or even Mayweather are not going to touch a contract with an opponent who is 2-4 in his last 6. So that’s all the big fights gone.

What other options does he have? Fighting Lee, Barboza, Gaethje sounds great for the fans, but from Conor’s perspective, these are image-destroying bouts that will only be confirming him as a guy who has fallen off. If he loses, it’s Nate, Aldo, or poss. Max IMO. That’s it. ...unless of course he wants Malignaggi.

If I were Aldo, I would take the rematch, because that’s the fight where he stands to gain the most. But of course, I’m not Aldo.

Last edited:
From Conor’s side, the options might be limited in a way that most people don’t understand, if he loses his next fight.

He can fight Nate regardless, that’s true, but he isn’t going to get a title shot vs Khabib, and guys like GSP, Anderson or even Mayweather are not going to touch a contract with an opponent who is 2-4 in his last 6. So that’s all the big fights gone.

What other options does he have? Fighting Lee, Barboza, Gaethje sounds great for the fans, but from Conor’s perspective, these are image-destroying bouts that will only be confirming him as a guy who has fallen off. If he loses, it’s Nate, Aldo, or poss. Max IMO. That’s it. ...unless of course he wants Malignaggi.

If I were Aldo, I would take the rematch, because that’s the fight where he stands to gain the most. But of course, I’m not Aldo.
Fair point
I honestly think if mcgregor loses his next fight he is fighting Diaz then retiring
I doubt mcgregor ever accepts that fight

Fair point
I honestly think if mcgregor loses his next fight he is fighting Diaz then retiring
I doubt mcgregor ever accepts that fight

I can see that. It’s a good fight to retire on.

This is a well known fact

Although Aldo (26-2 MMA, 8-1 UFC) didn’t specifically name Nurmagomedov (24-0 MMA, 8-0 UFC) during a recent tell-all interview with MMAFighting.com, he did make it quite obvious who he was referring to.

“I won’t say who it is because it’s a surprise,” Aldo said. “A guy we never thought would turn it down turned it down, because his father didn’t think it was good. I’m tired of people turning down fights. I want to put some pressure so they’ll take the fight.”
the Chris?

lol mcbitch won't take that fight. nothing to gain, everything to lose.

Yep... even if McGregor was on a 2 or 3 fight loosing streak, he would still not fight him...

Ever.. he will never give Aldo the chance to get that win over him...

Back