Aldo's last three fights in 2019

This is a well known fact

Although Aldo (26-2 MMA, 8-1 UFC) didn’t specifically name Nurmagomedov (24-0 MMA, 8-0 UFC) during a recent tell-all interview with MMAFighting.com, he did make it quite obvious who he was referring to.

“I won’t say who it is because it’s a surprise,” Aldo said. “A guy we never thought would turn it down turned it down, because his father didn’t think it was good. I’m tired of people turning down fights. I want to put some pressure so they’ll take the fight.”
Be real!

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

Fight Conor McQuitter and prove the first one was a fluke (As big of a fluke as GSP vs Serra) , i got The FW GOAT in that fight by submission (strikes)
Then if Max moves up fight Volkanovski or somebody for the vacant belt or if Max doesnt move up he should go up to LW (Khabib ducked him already like @20falarVerdades stated) and fight Khabib and KO him , i dont see Khabib even having a chance against a Prime Aldo thats a really bad matchup for Khabib. and after he does this he will surpass Fedor in my list as the #2 GOAT . Aldo is truly a legend and he is coming for either belt this year unless the bald goof continues to hate him and Khabib ducks him again.
#WARFWGOAT
Jose-Aldo-UFC-761000.jpg

images

Aldo136LinFighting2-750x400.jpg

Aldo said he doesnt want to fight for the belt so his final 3 fights will all be 3 rounders.

My guess is Aldo is done with the UFC and I hope he joins Bellator to fight Pitbull or to One to fight Alvarez

You think there doing it to entertain you lol
2 of them are literally a win away from a title shot
And when GSP comes back it’s yinna be for a belt
3 of them are close to a TS
If Holloway moves up be Is fighting for a title
All 4 could be champs by Christmas
If that’s irrelevant I don’t wanna know what relevant is

Wrong. They only fight for me, fuck your sensible response.

How is he irrelevant
He just had the biggest ppv in MMA history
And the second biggest in the history of planet earth
He is bigger than anyone on the roster
He is a win away from another title shot
Gsp has fought once in 5 years
Silva is a ped cheat
He is also a win away from a title shot
Realistically he is 0 wins away from a title shot. If he wants a rematch with khabib he gets a rematch with khabib.

Or.... UFC will screw us again and they will book Cub 2 or Yair vs Aldo...

Conor would be nice, but that will only happen if he beats Moicano and Conor loses his next fight. That aside, I’m not sure that Aldo would take Conor over a title shot, if that’s also a possibility.

Realistically he is 0 wins away from a title shot. If he wants a rematch with khabib he gets a rematch with khabib.
I think even Dana knows there is no way you can justify Tony not getting the next title shot
I think Conor knows this aswell as he said “He will fight the next in line” if he beats poirer at lightweight I won’t complain if he fights Khabib Tony winner
Especially if it’s tony
I think mcgregor vs Tony is one of the most compelling fights at LW
Especially after ufc 229

Conor would be nice, but that will only happen if he beats Moicano and Conor loses his next fight. That aside, I’m not sure that Aldo would take Conor over a title shot, if that’s also a possibility.
Beating Conor does more for his legacy
Mcgregor beats him in a rematch anyway
If mcgregor losses his next fight he will probably fight Diaz and ride off into the sunset

I'm going out on a limb here.

Aldo will duck McGregor in the face of a rematch. Because he ducked him the first time, and he also ducked him at UFC196 when he was given the rematch he'd been whining about ever since he lost.

Aldo doesn't want to fight McGregor again. He wants to talk about fighting McGregor again.

Aldo will duck McGregor in the face of a rematch. Because he ducked him the first time, and he also ducked him at UFC196 when he was given the rematch he'd been whining about ever since he lost.

Aldo doesn't want to fight McGregor again. He wants to talk about fighting McGregor again.

why? is he is going to retire, what does it matter? he has only win - same state option

Not unrealistic to think he beats Moicano, Max vacates to move to to LW, Aldo beats the brakes off of Ortega to claim FW belt and then does a fun money fight (Conor, Pettis, Khabib) to end his career.

Beating Conor does more for his legacy
Mcgregor beats him in a rematch anyway
If mcgregor losses his next fight he will probably fight Diaz and ride off into the sunset

You might be right. Depends on what his priorities are. Also, worth noting: failing to recapture the belt doesn’t damage him in any way. Losing to Conor again, especially if it’s a finish, would tarnish him further. So there’s also that.

You might be right. Depends on what his priorities are. Also, worth noting: failing to recapture the belt doesn’t damage him in any way. Losing to Conor again, especially if it’s a finish, would tarnish him further. So there’s also that.
That’s true
Even though Conor called it there are still a large number of people that think it was a lucky knock out(I am not one of them) so there is always that to cling to
If he fights Conor again and loses then that’s it for him he loses the rivalry the legacy and he may even lose GOAT status(In some people’s eyes)
I doubt mcgregor takes it as it does literally nothing for him
His haters will say he is fighting a Manlet past his prime and he can’t get any better than a 13 second KO
If I was Aldo assuming he beats moicano which I think he will I would sit for a bit and wait for the Holloway situation to unfold
If max vacates or loses he gets a title shot
I think it’s time for him to move on from mcgregor as no matter what some say it doesn’t define him

Conor 2 (deserves the rematch)
Khabib (ducked Aldo in 2017)
Aldo could actually be a very though match-up for Khabib. Aldo TDD is great and has a ton of experience fighting wrestlers. He would have to move to LW however... I will cheer for that one now!

He refused the rematch because he had 2 weeks notice or something. He wants to rematch, but not with 2 weeks notice.

It's been a hell of a career, hopefully he wins all three.

Conor does not want to risk losing signature win. That rematch will never happen.

Back