Aldo vs Khabib - who wins?

Aldo has the best TDD and anti-wrestling game ever. if you don't think he would beat Khabib then you think Khabib will never ever lose and need to let go off his sack.

Yeah, no. That's Jon Jones.

And no knock to Frankie or Chad, but this is a different animal. His wrestling style is completely different than what Aldo is accustomed to defending. He's bigger and he's better than those guys too. Aldo might be able to stop some of his takedowns, but if you've actually been watching him fight throughout the years, it's obvious he doesn't give a flying fuck what your TDD is like because he's putting you on the mat.

Khabib+Nurmagomedov+Takedowns+Rafael+dos+Anjos+-+UFC+on+Fox+11.gif

I would certainly put my money on Khabib in that fight

I say Khabib can take him down. So Khabib via decision

Aldo wins easily. Aldo has the best TDD in MMA.

dude,no one below 155 is going to beat Khabib..and thats with much respect to Aldo.

The intresting thing for me in this fight, is the how the diffrence between clinch-based takedowns and single/double leg takedowns will work.

Aldo's single/double leg TDD is just impeccable. It's downright godlike. And even if you manage to take him down his sprawl is nearly as good, meaning he will pop back up even if you hit the floor. Only when he's very fatigued/hurt and you set up your shots with strikes (which Khabib isn't that good at) does this type of takedown become even remotely applicable.

The clinch is a different game though. While Aldo likewise has superb TDD here, he does become entangled in them in a way his single/double TDD doesn't, where he usually sprawls free. This mean that Khabib would have time to work his myriad of techniques, and use his size and strength to wear Aldo down. Basically, Khabib has a much bigger chance in the clinch than he has on the shoots.

Khabib's wrestling style is very cardio taxing (both for him and his opponent), since Khabib is an expert at placing his weigth on people, and hauling them down while they're trying to get up. Since Aldo's cardio is one of his "weaknesses", then if Khabib manages to score early takedowns and apply his grueling, cardio-taxing grappling game, if could pay big dividence in the fight, since Aldo's prime would be spent handling Khabib's wrestling.

How Khabib would handle Aldo's outside game is also intresting. I see nothing in Khabib's techniqual arsenal that would imply he could deal with Aldo's stinging jabs and leg kicks. If Aldo establishes dominance at this range, he could pepper Khabib into passivity, especially in the later rounds.

Back