Aldo vs Khabib - who wins?

I think Khabib would be on borrowed time if he couldn't get Jose down. His striking is based primarily on his threat of changing levels and freezing his opponent. If that threat weren't present, Jose would begin picking him apart. We'd probably know in the first couple minutes who would win. I'd lean slightly toward Jose because he has the more diverse skillset.

I see Aldo as the worst match-up possible for Khabib. I'd go as far as saying that he's the best anti-wrestler we've seen in MMA. If anything, the only way I could imagine Khabib possibly taking Aldo down is through the clinch / up against the fence.

Considering he acquired his stats against a division stacked with wrestlers, I would say he has better than just "great tdd".

What's the word you want then? Best? Sorry, but that's reserved for Jon Jones. Aldo is definitely one of the best though. I wouldn't say the division was 'stacked' with wrestlers though either. Mendes and Edgar are great, but thats about it. Just about every division has a couple of great wrestlers too. A division like WW where you have Woodley, Hendricks, Magny, Maia, and MacDonald or like LHW with Dos Anjos, The Eagle, Ferguson, Alvarez, and Chiesa is what I would consider stacked and concerned about whether my TDD would be accurately portrayed. Granted Faber was there at beginning, but still. I wouldn't dare say Aldo had it any tough than most would have had in another division.

If they ever announced this fight, there would be a solid 20% chance that both make it to the cage without getting injured.

Khabib would not take Aldo down so he gets his ass beat in the stand up.

Aldo has godlike TDD, but I don't know how it would translate to LW...

Especially against one of the best TD artists in the UFC.

I always thought that Khabib was a big lightweight... anyway, I think Aldo would light him up. Khabib hasn't proven to me that he can beat someone with Aldo's style but I could be wrong.

What's the word you want then? Best? Sorry, but that's reserved for Jon Jones. Aldo is definitely one of the best though. I wouldn't say the division was 'stacked' with wrestlers though either. Mendes and Edgar are great, but thats about it. Just about every division has a couple of great wrestlers too. A division like WW where you have Woodley, Hendricks, Magny, Maia, and MacDonald or like LHW with Dos Anjos, The Eagle, Ferguson, Alvarez, and Chiesa is what I would consider stacked and concerned about whether my TDD would be accurately portrayed. Granted Faber was there at beginning, but still. I wouldn't dare say Aldo had it any tough than most would have had in another division.

You forgot Brown, Brookins, and Llamas.

And of all the wrestlers you listed in the other divisions, name one fighter who faced ALL of them, sometimes twice, and still maintained the tdd accuracy that Aldo has.

Khabib beats anybody 155 and under.

Aldo has the best TDD and anti-wrestling game ever. if you don't think he would beat Khabib then you think Khabib will never ever lose and need to let go off his sack.

People are actually picking Aldo in this thread
1444686120573.jpg

Khabib will never sign the dotted line. Like some other guy above me said, Aldo is THE anti-wrestler . In his sleep , when he's having nightmares, Khabib is seeing Aldo.

Best tdd in the game vs. one of the best td artists in the game, who takes it?

Let's not forget that Khabib is a rather small LW, so I don't think there would be too big of a size advantage.

I would be leaning to Aldo stuffing the TDs and taking advantage of Khabib's dismal stand-up game...I think Aldo is just too athletic and well-rounded for him.
Khabib ragdolls him.

Aldo has the best TDD and anti-wrestling game ever. if you don't think he would beat Khabib then you think Khabib will never ever lose and need to let go off his sack.
Khabib is bigger than him and has MUCH more effective takedowns and a wider variety of takedowns than anyone Aldo has ever faced.

You forgot Brown, Brookins, and Llamas.

And of all the wrestlers you listed in the other divisions, name one fighter who faced ALL of them, sometimes twice, and still maintained the tdd accuracy that Aldo has.

You gotta be joking right? I could see Mike Brown thrown in there, but Llamas? BROOKINS? You know I said "good" and not average-to-bad wrestlers, right? And if we are bringing in the wrestlers of the past five years, the same can be done for other divisions too. WW looks even nicer with guys like Hughes, Koscheck, and GSP.

FW isn't some miraculous wrestling division like you are making it out to be. I know it has to be to fit your narrative of 'Aldo's TDD should be ever higher' but the reality is it would be even lower if he fought in pretty much any other division outside of FW - with accounting for size taken out of the equation. FW has pretty much been an afterthought for the past 10 years outside of Aldo, and pretty much is the same, but now with an added pop star to the pool. Aldo could've never done what he did in a division like BW or LW.

Best tdd in the game vs. one of the best td artists in the game, who takes it?

Let's not forget that Khabib is a rather small LW, so I don't think there would be too big of a size advantage.

I would be leaning to Aldo stuffing the TDs and taking advantage of Khabib's dismal stand-up game...I think Aldo is just too athletic and well-rounded for him.

185-190lbs is small for a lightweight these days? da fuck?

catch weight fight at 150 pounds...
3 round fight Aldo wins
5 round fight Khabib wins

Back