Aldo vs Holloway

who has Aldo ever out struck to make you think he's ready for Max? which wrestler that developed basic boxing combos to take Aldo the distance makes you think he's ready for the best striker in the division? Aldo fans are going to be so salty after this fight, I just cannot wait for this myth to finally be over with

Nova Uniao & Jose Aldo are done.. USADA + too much arrogance to evolve with the sport = done, not a single fighter from that camp will ever be relevant again, eat it.

Aldo hasn't showed the ability to finish a fight recently and I just can't see him winning a decision over Holloway. Anything is possible of course but a lot of people are picking Aldo to win and I just don't see it. Mendes is a stocky wrestler and fights like one but he had a war with Aldo.
What don't you see?
Aldo beat Frankie twice, a guy who was the LW champion.
Aldo can beat Holloway on an easy decision victory.

Not saying it is a walk in the park, but claiming Aldo has no chance is, at the very least, a WTF moment...

I give Aldo 70/30. He's been great for so long the wars are bound to catch up to him.
That's part of it
What don't you see?
Aldo beat Frankie twice, a guy who was the LW champion.
Aldo can beat Holloway on an easy decision victory.

Not saying it is a walk in the park, but claiming Aldo has no chance is, at the very least, a WTF moment...
Clearly everybody missed my post saying I thought Aldo had a 30 or 40% chance of winning and could have worded the title for this thread better. Holloway also beat Pettis who was the lw champ as well. Aldo won 2 close decisions over Edgar and Holloway wrecked Pettis.

That's part of it

Clearly everybody missed my post saying I thought Aldo had a 30 or 40% chance of winning and could have worded the title for this thread better. Holloway also beat Pettis who was the lw champ as well. Aldo won 2 close decisions over Edgar and Holloway wrecked Pettis.
Yes, but Aldo beat Frankie who was on winning streak and in much better position than Pettis.
Pettis lost 3 straight and had a terrible weight cut, to the point he couldn't become the champ even if he won (which I found stupid to keep that fight as it would be a loss-loss to Holloway).

I do think it is an intriguing fight. But I don't think either guy is a walk in the park.

Yes, but Aldo beat Frankie who was on winning streak and in much better position than Pettis.
Pettis lost 3 straight and had a terrible weight cut, to the point he couldn't become the champ even if he won (which I found stupid to keep that fight as it would be a loss-loss to Holloway).

I do think it is an intriguing fight. But I don't think either guy is a walk in the park.
The second time Edgar was on a winning streak. The first time Edgar lost 2 straight and was making his fw debut. At least Pettis was coming off a win and in a fight at fw too.

The second time Edgar was on a winning streak. The first time Edgar lost 2 straight and was making his fw debut. At least Pettis was coming off a win and in a fight at fw too.
Agree, but you can't compare Frankie on a 5 fight win streak (against CHad Mendes, Faber, Cub, BJ Penn & Charles Oliveira) with Petting beating Oliveira (after 3 losses) and being obviously drained on his fight against Holloway.
I mean while Frankie was the obvious #1 contender, Pettis was still setting his foot on FW division, and obviously suffered from the effects of his weight cut.

Look, I am not trying to demean what Holloway did.
But Just trying to show beating Pettis does not show he is better than Aldo by any way shape or form.

Agree, but you can't compare Frankie on a 5 fight win streak (against CHad Mendes, Faber, Cub, BJ Penn & Charles Oliveira) with Petting beating Oliveira (after 3 losses) and being obviously drained on his fight against Holloway.
I mean while Frankie was the obvious #1 contender, Pettis was still setting his foot on FW division, and obviously suffered from the effects of his weight

Look, I am not trying to demean what Holloway did.
But Just trying to show beating Pettis does not show he is better than Aldo by any way shape or form.
Of course not. Holloway gets better every fight though and Aldo hasn't improved in years. Only thing that's changed about Aldo recently is his chin and his mentality. He recently said that he would tap immediatley if the UFC scheduled him for another fight. It's hard to imagine him beating someone like Holloway if his heart isn't in it anymore. Personally I think Holloway beats the best possible Aldo but it would be a tough fight.

watch aldo x edgar II, recent and very technical fight. Then you will have your own judgement about Aldo possibly being on the decline or whatever
This is actually the fight that shows me Aldo is done. Edgar has nothing for Aldo, and Jose still fought going backwards. It's the worst he's looked for years, aside from getting KO'd.

I've got Holloway in a decision. Too long. Better boxing.

This is actually the fight that shows me Aldo is done. Edgar has nothing for Aldo, and Jose still fought going backwards. It's the worst he's looked for years, aside from getting KO'd.

You didn't saw the Aldo-Edgar fight, otherwise you wouldnt be saying a bunch of nonsense. Explain to me how Max's boxing is better?

Stupid question of the day.

White belts should be allowed to start threads.
White belts shouldn't be allowed to make threads overtly or implying mcgregor. In fact no one with an account less than 6 months old should be allowed to make mcgregor threads without approval. Must be new news. No dumb ass opinions.

I can't wait for this match. I got Aldo as a slight favorite although both have their strengths. Max with the boxing edge IMO, but Aldo with the devastating kicks. Aldo has a much better chance of taking down Max and better BJJ. Max with probably the better cardio. Both have good movement. Before I would not give Max a chance of winning, but I feel that he's proven himself and only getting better. I'll be rooting for the local boy to unite that belt and take the W.

You must really be performing mental gymnastics to try and say the second Frankie fight is the worst he's looked in years.

Aldo came back from a tough tough ko, against someone who probably hadn't lost a round in his 5 fight win streak. Aldo stuffed every td Frankie had without much effort. Aldos jab looked sharp as heck, and was landing solid rights.

The only thing I will give u is that Aldo was moving backwards (in a straight line) can't do that against taller fighters like Holloway.

Also, Aldo wasn't too active in that fight. He controlled Frankie, and picked him apart.

Still, a very good performance by someone who had to overcome the huge hurdle of coming back from a nasty ko loss

all right, but I dont agree - imo Aldo is still looking good.

I guess most ppl also miss WEC Aldo, as I do.

Op has probably only seen Aldo fight mcgregor..

Aldo not only has a chance, he should be the clear favorite
I've watched every fight Aldo has had in the WEC and UFC. I've also watched every UFC fight Holloway has had. He keeps getting better.

Aldo hasn't showed the ability to finish a fight recently and I just can't see him winning a decision over Holloway. Anything is possible of course but a lot of people are picking Aldo to win and I just don't see it. Mendes is a stocky wrestler and fights like one but he had a war with Aldo.

Chad has some of the best TDs in the game - that changes your approach dramatically. Max doesn't offer that threat.

If you want to see Aldo pick apart a good boxer/kickboxer you can go watch the Hominick fight, which Aldo had a terrible weight cut for, having a staph infection and being on antibiotics. Max is a good fighter, but Aldo is just better everywhere - he's faster, stronger, more athletic, better technique, has more tools, and no question is the more well-rounded fighter.

aldoheadmovement00.gif

Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_9.gif

Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif

Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_2.gif

Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_8.gif

Back