Aldo says Barao underestimated TJ

Aldo is full of shit. Barao got caught early and was never the same for the rest of the fight.

Seems like Barao did buy into his hype a bit but still with that performance TJ put on even Focused Barao couldn't do much....and its born, Focused Barao.

Very pumped for Aldo vs Mendes, just hope Aldo doesn't stink up the place with his another a la GSP type of fight

brazilian loses
other brazilian blames dana white

sounds about right

Wtf are you talking about?? All he said was Dana mentioned he's the best p4p fighter and went to his head. The blame isn't on Dana but barao.....Jose pretty much criticized barao for taking TJ lightly.

I don't understand how he didn't expect that from TJ.

Did anybody watch TJ's last fight before the Barao fight.......he looked just as awesome in that fight....

Barao should have known exactly how TJ was going to fight.

Seems like Barao did buy into his hype a bit but still with that performance TJ put on even Focused Barao couldn't do much....and its born, Focused Barao.

Very pumped for Aldo vs Mendes, just hope Aldo doesn't stink up the place with his another a la GSP type of fight

Well....it's the way aldo fights now. I don't expect him to take many risks and fight Mendez smart. Expect a gsp type performance

What Aldo is saying makes sense.. regardless of whether or not he wasn't the same after he was dropped. Barao didn't adjust to what TJ was doing he underestimated TJ's ability and didn't expect him to fight as well as he did...

NOBODY EXPECTED TJ DILLASHAW TO WIN. In a rematch Barao beats TJ imo.

I get documment not found when I try to reach link on that sherdog thread, is it just me?

maybe they erased the post. It was a picture of an entry list for a Duane Ludwig muay thay seminar and someone put Barao's name in it.

I don't understand how he didn't expect that from TJ.

Did anybody watch TJ's last fight before the Barao fight.......he looked just as awesome in that fight....

Barao should have known exactly how TJ was going to fight.

Sometimes a fighters ego can be a very stupid thing. Guys that believe their own hype and underestimate opponents will disregard their performance regardless how good or bad. That's the stupid thing about it.

If that is the case with barao as Jose mentioned

I think it's hard not to underestimate you opponents when you haven't lost in almost 10 years.

I'll be there for Aldo Mendes II here in Los Angeles.
Ohhhh can't waiiiiiit. My body is ready

maybe they erased the post. It was a picture of an entry list for a Duane Ludwig muay thay seminar and someone put Barao's name in it.

Oh yeah now I remember. Nice stuff ;) no need to get anal about it, it was not some huge disrespect imo, they deserved the right to make this joke.

Well....it's the way aldo fights now. I don't expect him to take many risks and fight Mendez smart. Expect a gsp type performance

Sadly I agree. I fully expect Aldo to continue his GSP mode and try to win a decision via points but lets hope Mendez makes it interesting.

Strange to see you say this, you are always supportive of Brazilian fighters. Seem like everyone can see Aldo is in safe mode right now

Back