Aldo refused to do a faceoff in the octagon, the UFC asked him to.

I'm glad they didn't.

The face off in the crowd is all you need. One in the octagon would've been gratuitous.

I agree, it would have been pretty anti climatic after Conor ran into the crowd and had to be held back by security as well as Aldo's wife and daughter.

41xAAys.jpg

Remember when Dana said GSP went straight to the hospital after the Hendricks fight? lol

"Superstition" is merely a euphemism for "fear" and we all know it. You're the champion; why can't you step into the octagon for promotional reasons? Such a poor excuse.

You've been here since 2005 and you think a World Champion who hasn't lost in a decade is afraid to face McGregor in the ring? I know you love Conor but you're better than that.

If he had no intention of stepping in the cage and promoting the title fight, why was he in Boston?

You only do a faceoff in the octagon when you're confronting a legit contender. Doing it in this case would've only cheapened the tradition

This guy knows what's up.

loved how Joe Rogan gave siver lots of praise during the fight. siver isn't a bad fighter but like all of conors opponents, he(siver) hasn't accomplished shit.

F*k Dana! Excuse me mods you all know I'm not a trouble maker I'm just venting. UFC starting look too much like WWE. I know Dana loves this money making template but at times it appears more phony than hype.

This is a great fight to sell and Aldo should have been there and he was. Doesn't mean Dana can lead him around like a pet the way he does Conor. Aldo did his required duty sat ringside did interview and left the dog tricks to Conor.

You've been here since 2005 and you think a World Champion who hasn't lost in a decade is afraid to face McGregor in the ring? I know you love Conor but you're better than that.

Who said he's afraid of facing McGregor in the ring?

You can substitute McGregor with anyone and he wouldn't step into the cage according to what he said based on a supernatural force causing a future misstep.

He's afraid of a force that doesn't exist.

How are you even going to defend that? It is fear.

thou shall not enter the octagon without spilling blood. Aldo is wise to show hespect to JBG.

If he had no intention of stepping in the cage and promoting the title fight, why was he in Boston?

This is what baffles me the most.

Why would Aldo go through the effort of getting himself all the way from Brazil to Boston, and then not bother complying with the promotional side of things when he has a history of being vocal about his low pay? Because of some silly superstition? How is that in any shape or form a more plausible explanation than him being afraid? I'm not saying the latter is definitely the case, but...

Fear doesn't just mean fear of getting hit in the face. No, I don't think Jose Aldo is afraid Conor was going to punch him and hurt him. He's not afraid of the potential for violence. But there are many forms of fear. Fear of public speaking. Fear of looking stupid. He'd have to speak through a translator, while Conor wouldn't; it'd be hard to keep up if the slick Irishman started cracking jokes, and he'd likely end up fumbling for a good comeback and come out looking worse. There are a million more reasons, too, and only Jose knows which it is.

Superstition is not a legitimate excuse. His job is to fight, yes, but media obligations are also a part of his job. How on earth can part of your job be to do media yet you categorically cannot step into the octagon until your fight is about to begin? Baffling.

"Superstition" is merely a euphemism for "fear" and we all know it. You're the champion; why can't you step into the octagon for promotional reasons? Such a poor excuse.

Since when Aldo stepped into the octagon to face a CHALLENGER? It's one thing if a challenger such as McGregor steps in and interferes Aldo's interview. So just because McGregor happens to be your favorite fighter at the moment and all of sudden Aldo is fearing a number five guy? STFU, seriously. Aldo's been a champion since he crossed over from WEC before you even heard of McGregor.

Damn fanboy morons...

Aldo really needs to start doing his job and promoting his fights, he seems very lazy in that regard. He could triple his earnings.

Adding exact video and timeslots for the question to the OP.

Aldo really needs to start doing his job and promoting his fights, he seems very lazy in that regard. He could triple his earnings.

I agree, he needs to take the promoting seriously. Its hard to defend his pay when he doesn't care about promoting himself.

A win at the end of the day is all that matters
He knows he will beat Conor, and when he does that pay will be well

Aldo is boss because he doesn't do what the UFC wants. He speaks his mind too, not the Zuffa company line. He's the antithesis of a guy like McG. That being the case, since Aldo is champion, McG cannot be.

This is what baffles me the most.

Why would Aldo go through the effort of getting himself all the way from Brazil to Boston, and then not bother complying with the promotional side of things when he has a history of being vocal about his low pay? Because of some silly superstition? How is that in any shape or form a more plausible explanation than him being afraid? I'm not saying the latter is definitely the case, but...

Free ring side seats to a fight card? Duh??

Back