Aldo refused to do a faceoff in the octagon, the UFC asked him to.

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
He declined because he is superstitious and only enters the octagon for fights. Per Dana.

Conor called him out on it saying its another form of fear.

Conor's exact words:

Conor McGregor said:
"Superstitions...Rituals... It's all another word for fear. He keeps saying all these things, but face to face, he's said nothing. That's all I know."

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Dana's full of shit. Take everything he say's with a grain of salt.

Also: good to know he'll take no effort in promotion. It'll be all McGregor.

Charity.

LOL.

It is. Isnt Conor a joke though? I mean whats to be Superstitious about?

You only do a faceoff in the octagon when you're confronting a legit contender. Doing it in this case would've only cheapened the tradition

Also: good to know he'll take no effort in promotion. It'll be all McGregor.

Charity.

Aldo has never put any effort into making people care.

It makes it funnier when he whines and complains about being underpaid when in reality, he's overpaid.

And Aldo wonders why he don't get the money

superstition = fear

not saying Aldo is afraid, but that's what superstition is.

I'm glad they didn't.

The face off in the crowd is all you need. One in the octagon would've been gratuitous.

Who cares, its been done to death, the fight has its own hype going forward, I dont need another dose of scripted MMA.

UFC tries to hard to manufacture their product, if they just realized reality and natural emotions feelings will carry fighters and cards on their own merit.

Once they come to this realization, then they will be able to finally grow to the heights they dreamed in the early stages of their ownership.

yay here comes all the children claiming "fear." I see Conor's said it, so they gotta jump on his nuts.

"Superstition" is merely a euphemism for "fear" and we all know it. You're the champion; why can't you step into the octagon for promotional reasons? Such a poor excuse.

I only care what he would do to his foe comes fight night, let the clown entertains the crowd before the big event.

"Superstition" is merely a euphemism for "fear" and we all know it. You're the champion; why can't you step into the octagon for promotional reasons? Such a poor excuse.

It's a big reason his fights sell like shit and he doesn't make more money.

Who cares, its been done to death, the fight has its own hype going forward, I dont need another dose of scripted MMA.

UFC tries to hard to manufacture their product, if they just realized reality and natural emotions feelings will carry fighters and cards on their own merit.

Once they come to this realization, then they will be able to finally grow to the heights they dreamed in the early stages of their ownership.

I totally agree to this. I dont think every championship fight should have the manufactured "grudge" beforehand. Its gotten so diluted due to being done leading up to every championship fight.

He declined because he is superstitious and only enters the octagon for fights. Per Dana.

Thoughts?

Source: Post-fight Presser.

Tran$lation: Aldo only enter$ the octagon for fight$.

Good for Aldo.

yay here comes all the children claiming "fear." I see Conor's said it, so they gotta jump on his nuts.

I already said he cowered away before the press conference even started.

What does it have to do with what Conor said? It's a direct interpretation of Aldo's own words.

"I won't get into the cage because some cosmic force will cast a grim future for me unless I'm fighting."

Is that accurate? :icon_lol:

Back