Aldo On His Next Opponent: "I Will Kill Whoever They Put In Front of Me"

Fighting emotional and being over aggressive didn't work out so well for him last time.

He should stick to jab + low kick and occasional right hand.

That's a much better reaction than Ronda saying she wanted to kill herself. :D

That's how a real fighter reacts to a loss.

That's better. When we worry too much about the opponent you begin to lose there.

Aldo probably should have worried about Conor a little more instead of saying he would KO him with one punch and getting one punched himself.

tumblr_inline_nyqmoeyTV31sr6m27_540.png

Fighting emotional and being over aggressive didn't work out so well for him last time.

He should stick to jab + low kick and occasional right hand.

Or evolve his style...

The WEC Aldo doesn't exist anymore. The WEC Aldo was out-athleteing opponents and winning based off of speed, reflexes, power and explosiveness. He had kicking and punching technique down to the point where he could generate a lot of power, but his defense while attacking has always been lackluster because he never needed it.

He was a much better athlete than any of his opponents and could get away with having poor defense because he would easily overwhelm people. I mean he was knocking people out cold in 7 seconds with flying double knees. But he was never an overly technical guy. Its pretty obvious that Aldo has been slowing down lately and has been a lot more tentative and careful, and its because he's getting older and his body has taken a lot of damage and can't perform the same before. He's not as fast and as powerful as he used to be. The WEC Aldo is gone because Aldo's body can't perform at that level anymore at his age.

Aldo needs to evolve his style completely. I heard Josh Barnett talk about this on JRE, he was saying that a lot of fighters get so used to out-athleteing each other when they get older and their bodies deteriorate so they can't do the same things they were doing when they were younger, so they get frustrated. And instead of developing new skills that they can actually perform even with the current version of their bodies, they are stubborn and want to keep trying to do something that their body is no longer capable of.

Fighting and age deteriorates your body and your brain/chin, and you are not going to be able to out-athlete your opponents forever. Its sad but its true. If you want to keep fighting, you need to keep up with the times and reinvent your style while learning new skills, while also going back to the fundamentals and making sure that they are on point.

So Ronda, CroCop and Arlovski are or were thinking of suicide. And Aldo is speaking of homicide, what's next?

Or evolve his style...

The WEC Aldo doesn't exist anymore. The WEC Aldo was out-athleteing opponents and winning based off of speed, reflexes, power and explosiveness. He had kicking and punching technique down to the point where he could generate a lot of power, but his defense while attacking has always been lackluster because he never needed it.

He was a much better athlete than any of his opponents and could get away with having poor defense because he would easily overwhelm people. I mean he was knocking people out cold in 7 seconds with flying double knees. But he was never an overly technical guy. Its pretty obvious that Aldo has been slowing down lately and has been a lot more tentative and careful, and its because he's getting older and his body has taken a lot of damage and can't perform the same before. He's not as fast and as powerful as he used to be. The WEC Aldo is gone because Aldo's body can't perform at that level anymore at his age.

Aldo needs to evolve his style completely. I heard Josh Barnett talk about this on JRE, he was saying that a lot of fighters get so used to out-athleteing each other when they get older and their bodies deteriorate so they can't do the same things they were doing when they were younger, so they get frustrated. And instead of developing new skills that they can actually perform even with the current version of their bodies, they are stubborn and want to keep trying to do something that their body is no longer capable of.

Fighting and age deteriorates your body and your brain/chin, and you are not going to be able to out-athlete your opponents forever. Its sad but its true. If you want to keep fighting, you need to keep up with the times and reinvent your style while learning new skills, while also going back to the fundamentals and making sure that they are on point.

Aldo is one of the best defensive fighters in MMA, your analysis makes no sense

I like this, I like this a lot.
Great mindset to have. He'll be a champion again.

Should be Aldo vs Hollaway in main event for Hawaii.

I know Hollas have been asking for it.

Great return fight for Aldo

Still a fan unlike the majority of bandwagon noobs now who are Conor "fans" who have turned trick on Aldo.

Or evolve his style...

My post was mostly a joke, but I mostly agree with this. Though I do think he was technical up to a point. He had a good jab, and he set up his leg kicks pretty well. But besides that he was very sloppy when he tried to get into boxing exchanges. Which is why I joked about sticking to the jab and lowkick.

His off balance shot that he hit Conor with, after already having been KO, cut him. Unconscious Aldo cut Conor.
Except that was the same cut he got in the Mendes fight. It reopened while training for UFC 194 and didn't get it stitched properly.

Just last longer than 13 seconds.

That's Step 1. Agreed.

Step 2 take a fight that is offered to you. Period. Put your ego aside and get back in that cage. Period. Everybody knows you were arguably the best fighter on the planet. Get back in there and do work.

P.S. It wouldn't hurt if you got a finish.

Everyone knows Jose is too nice for anyone to believe his murderous rhetoric. Hes got the mind of a little kid that just likes to have fun. A sweetheart as they say.

And that makes a year of utter shit from his mouth just go away, right? lol
Huh?
Are you saying Aldo is so mentally weak, he actually made conor get into his head like that. Come on Aldo was a champion for a decade, guy should have looked at conor as another day at WORK, do not get emotionally invested!

Go look at big chief post
You are delusional
We both saw what happened throughout 2015
He has not been mentally weak before, but conor made him so
That's what happens when your opponent mind fuks u and makes him fight his fight instead of keeping your composure and fighting your own fight.
Mcgoat told him what would happen and Aldo knew this and still did what mcgoat said he would do like a puppet and what happened was exactly what mcgoat said.
If I was Aldo I would have said, nah :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm not gonna rush u I'm gonna beat you the way I know how to beat you, I'm gonna take you down and I'm gonna show the world you have no grappling skills
Instead of lunging and running into conors left like conor told the world 2 weeks before the fight
Mcgoat was def. In his head like crazy
Look at RDA he knows what the fuk he needs to do and he keep his composure
Stopped reading when you said mcgoat.

Back