Aldo: most avoided fighter in the history of the UFC?

The only reason to duck aldo is because he probably won't show up and fuck up your payday.

Whoever aldo fights next will retire him to MCaldo's for good. No more easy matches with edgar for him.

Anyone saying Conor has ducked Aldo is either a blind hater, or retarded, or both maybe. Conor started calling out Aldo since the moment he got signed. He also said he was gonna win the fw belt, and then move up and win the lw belt. Well he beat every fw put in front of him, and then proceeded to wreck Aldo in 13 seconds. After beating him, he moved up and signed to fight rda.

So moving up in weight, and fighting an even bigger, deadlier version of Aldo,means he is ducking Aldo? It's not his fault rda got hurt, but he still went on to fight for the lw belt. You can't duck someone you already fought, and destroyed, by fighting guys in a bigger division.

Actually a good post.

But don't bring Conor into it. Just say. Conor is the exception.

Because in truth Conor hunted Aldo and after killing him Aldo cried in the back and screamed "any time" only to turn down a rematch.

I'm a huge Aldo fan. I want to see him fight more. Otherwise I agree with your post

You seem reasonable so answer honestly, who in the hell has ever avoided him?

Holloway has tried to fight him for over a year. Are you forgetting that ALDO turned down a match up with Holloway at UFC 205? He was offered to fight on the NY card, and refused to do it and went on ranting about Conor instead. That was when he started threatening stuff left and right. He has refused to fight Holloway at every turn and that Holloway/Pettis fight shouldn't have even happened. They could have kept Pettis for a nice contender after Holloway/Aldo should have happened to get the belt situation wrapped up. Aldo REFUSED to fight Holloway at 205, and now that Holloway can't fight him at 208 after beating Pettis, the same people are trying to act like Holloway ducked him all because he can't fight at 208 when Aldo won't fight him at any other time.

Sorry, but Aldo's tactics are so obvious. He ducks guys man. LIke you said he did the same thing with Conor. But people are forgetting that ALDO rREFUSED to fight Holloway at 205.

lol I am pretty sure no one has ever ducked Jose Aldo.

Cyborg is the most avoided UFC fighter......FACT!

Yes Aldo avoided the most matchups in UFC history

Even by Sherdog standards this thread is pathetic. Probably 70% of posts these days are nothing but bait.

when your proof is dana white you don't have proof

Aldo's manager said it himself. Why is it so hard to believe that he ducked Pettis when his own manager refused to fight him until the UFC put them in a room. Do I need to waste time and post a link with Pedneiras saying this?

Khabib has no reason to fight Aldo at all.

Aldo is not even in his division. He's not a draw. He does nothing for Khabib's career.

Stop being a retard.

Of course he has a reason. The fight would be for the interim LW title. It's a guarantee that he'll either unify the title or be promoted to champion of the division if McGregor refuses to fight him. If he's an easier fight than Tony Ferguson, then there's just no reason for him to pick Ferguson over Aldo.

You seem reasonable so answer honestly, who in the hell has ever avoided him?

Holloway has tried to fight him for over a year. Are you forgetting that ALDO turned down a match up with Holloway at UFC 205? He was offered to fight on the NY card, and refused to do it and went on ranting about Conor instead. That was when he started threatening stuff left and right. He has refused to fight Holloway at every turn and that Holloway/Pettis fight shouldn't have even happened. They could have kept Pettis for a nice contender after Holloway/Aldo should have happened to get the belt situation wrapped up. Aldo REFUSED to fight Holloway at 205, and now that Holloway can't fight him at 208 after beating Pettis, the same people are trying to act like Holloway ducked him all because he can't fight at 208 when Aldo won't fight him at any other time.

Sorry, but Aldo's tactics are so obvious. He ducks guys man. LIke you said he did the same thing with Conor. But people are forgetting that ALDO rREFUSED to fight Holloway at 205.

It could be argued Pettis avoided him to fight against bendo at 155.

Now I think Aldo pulled out injured there.

And currently Max 100% avoided him at 208. Yes I know max has great reasons. But max called Aldo out at 208...... so he's avoiding that fight in favor of a later date.

It simply could be a case of Aldo being a bit of a diva now also.

From what little I understand of the politics, it would appear that khabib and cyborg are the most avoided.

Aldo isnt avoided at all. He was/is the champion so everyone at 145 wants to fight him. I dont blame 155ers who got bigger (literally and figurativley) fish to fry to not want to bully the little. Conor isnt terrified of the guy he starched in seconds,he just moved on.

Khabib has no reason to fight Aldo at all.

Aldo is not even in his division. He's not a draw. He does nothing for Khabib's career.

Stop being a retard.

Beating a top 5 p4p great and current champion for an interim belt does nothing for your career?

He was the one who did avoid Conor though

Conor was fighting him when RDA was out, or anyone really. But he didn't want to fight - excuses from haters coming. Then it was either Cerrone or Nate, and he fought Nate.

And if you come by me talking about how Conor didn't defend his belt as a reason, well, everyone knows that Conor won't comeback to FW. He put on the weight to fight at LW and is now much bigger.

I'm a Conor fan but he held up a division while having 3 fights outside it (while taking a rematch with an opponent that beat him) while the whole time claiming that he would defend it. Had he just moved up I would be fine with it, the fact is Conor already has a win that he can't top over Aldo and he knows this. Hence the reason he would have fought Edgar had he won.

Goddamnit now there pro-Aldo trolls? Can nothing just remain good? You guys have to piss on everything?

Lol, I originally wanted to make a poll thread as to who was the most avoided fighter and give reasons for each but realised I cant add a poll so just decided to give my vote and have some fun it it.

Actually a good post.

But don't bring Conor into it. Just say. Conor is the exception.

Because in truth Conor hunted Aldo and after killing him Aldo cried in the back and screamed "any time" only to turn down a rematch.

I'm a huge Aldo fan. I want to see him fight more. Otherwise I agree with your post

Anytime any place...... just with a full camp he should had said.

Anyone saying Conor has ducked Aldo is either a blind hater, or retarded, or both maybe. Conor started calling out Aldo since the moment he got signed. He also said he was gonna win the fw belt, and then move up and win the lw belt. Well he beat every fw put in front of him, and then proceeded to wreck Aldo in 13 seconds. After beating him, he moved up and signed to fight rda.

So moving up in weight, and fighting an even bigger, deadlier version of Aldo,means he is ducking Aldo? It's not his fault rda got hurt, but he still went on to fight for the lw belt. You can't duck someone you already fought, and destroyed, by fighting guys in a bigger division.

I get what you are saying but he beat Aldo in the first exchange. Dos Santos whooped Velasquez in the first round and look at what happened in those rematches. I actually give Conor a pass and would find it funny if Aldo beat Khabib to become the interim champion only for Conor to move up and fight Woodley, but then I would call it a certain duck no matter what the argument of bigger and deadlier whatnot.

Also RDA is a poor mans version of Aldo.

people avoid him because the chance he pulls out and ruins their payday is #1 in UFC

Of course he has a reason. The fight would be for the interim LW title. It's a guarantee that he'll either unify the title or be promoted to champion of the division if McGregor refuses to fight him. If he's an easier fight than Tony Ferguson, then there's just no reason for him to pick Ferguson over Aldo.
There is a very good one. Fight a guy who is considered the number one contender in the LW division. If he beats him he is the legit number one contender and the only fight that makes sense for Conor in this division. Khabib's post was 100% right. If he doesn't beat Fergy, Conors nutnuggers and Dana will say that he does not deserve the shot.

Beating a top 5 p4p great and current champion for an interim belt does nothing for your career?

We all know why Conor fans want to defend the matchup.

Why would he fight for the interim belt against a guy who lost to the current champ..... instead of fighting the actual champ?

Why would that be better for his career?

Obviously Conor fans want to put up every hurdle humanly possible between Conor and Khabib.

Back