Aldo: most avoided fighter in the history of the UFC?

benebox

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
In boxing you always hear about the most avoided fighter. I remember Margarito held this title for quite some time while now its used with GGG. With everyone refusing to fight Aldo I think its safe to say he is clearly the most avoided MMA fighter today! Lets look at a few of the suspects:

Conor: Out out the 3 fighter we will analyse, Conor is the only one to have actually faced Aldo. I have nothing but praise for the way he won but it being used as a reason to not to have a rematch is absurd. It was anything but a fluke when Conor perfectly countered Aldo's hail maker (which was in itself extremely close to landing flush) but this doesn't prove the outcome of the rematch. One single exchange does not tell us the whole story of how they fair against each other, had Aldo been dominated aka Alverez it would show a lot more. Conor constantly talked about how he was going to clean the division and defend his title yet decided to relinquish his title rather than rematch Aldo, even stating that had Edgar won he would have defended his belt?

Holloway: Called Aldo out with a time and a place only to called on his bluff and come up with multiple excuse as to who he cant fight. Recently a photo had emerged of a sore angle which is a a more valid excuse than having to take his daughter to Disneyland, however it may just have been that the realization of who he is fighting made him believe he needs more time to prepare.

Khabib: Ok even if it can be argued that the first two have or have had legit reasons not to face Aldo, Khabib does not. A fighter who has one top five win doesn't want to fight Aldo, a top 5 p4p great, current champion, and a bigger draw as he wants a 'real' battle. Winning would give him an interim title, a guarantee at a title fight and career changing payday. Obviously he is avoiding Aldo and taking what he considers to be the easier fight.

Taking all this in, while Mousasi is also definitely up there he isn't a champion or a p4p great so its more excusable when contenders refuse to fight him. Aldo = the 'most avoided MMA fighter' in the world!

100% true, funny enough Khabib is the #2 most avoided fighter, what is also funny is that Conor has ducked both of them

Khabib has no reason to fight Aldo at all.

Aldo is not even in his division. He's not a draw. He does nothing for Khabib's career.

Stop being a retard.

Glover Teixeira might be up there if all the rumors are true.

Shogun, Rashad, Bader, Bonnar, Gus.

Outside the UFC it might be Tyrone Spong.

Funny because here is proof where Aldo was ducking Pettis the same way he is ducking Holloway now. Lol! Dude is about to lose his belt he ducks guys so badly.

Seriously, for those newbs out there. Watch the video and learn more about Aldo's history. He refuses to fight dudes all the time.

He was the one who did avoid Conor though

Conor was fighting him when RDA was out, or anyone really. But he didn't want to fight - excuses from haters coming. Then it was either Cerrone or Nate, and he fought Nate.

And if you come by me talking about how Conor didn't defend his belt as a reason, well, everyone knows that Conor won't comeback to FW. He put on the weight to fight at LW and is now much bigger.

Max Holloween, Conor McDucker, and Khabib have all ducked GOAT Jose Aldo.

Funny because here is proof where Aldo was ducking Pettis the same way he is ducking Holloway now. Lol! Dude is about to lose his belt he ducks guys so badly.

Seriously, for those newbs out there. Watch the video and learn more about Aldo's history. He refuses to fight dudes all the time.

your source is dana white so maybe you're the 'newb'

Proof of Aldo ducking Pettis.

Same tactics being done now to avoid Holloway for over a year.

If you're gonna claim that Holloway is avoiding Aldo, you can't claim that Aldo didn't avoid Conor.

No, the man who wrestles bears is most avoided.

I think all forms of cosmetic surgery have avoided him. Dude is ugly!

He looks like the product of a skunk taking it to a platypus while being interrupted by an aardvark.

Goddamnit now there pro-Aldo trolls? Can nothing just remain good? You guys have to piss on everything?

Goddamnit now there pro-Aldo trolls? Can nothing just remain good? You guys have to piss on everything?

They're desperate to hold onto this lie that he doesn't duck everyone even when facts like I posted prove it all wrong.

They're so desperate for him to beat Conor and get this revenge that will never happen so they make up all this stuff about him.

Meanwhile the UFC brass laughs their ass off at Aldo in board meetings and now are using him just to get other guys to fight in real match ups, because they know that Aldo aint fighting Holloway.

In boxing you always hear about the most avoided fighter. I remember Margarito held this title for quite some time while now its used with GGG. With everyone refusing to fight Aldo I think its safe to say he is clearly the most avoided MMA fighter today! Lets look at a few of the suspects:

Conor: Out out the 3 fighter we will analyse, Conor is the only one to have actually faced Aldo. I have nothing but praise for the way he won but it being used as a reason to not to have a rematch is absurd. It was anything but a fluke when Conor perfectly countered Aldo's hail maker (which was in itself extremely close to landing flush) but this doesn't prove the outcome of the rematch. One single exchange does not tell us the whole story of how they fair against each other, had Aldo been dominated aka Alverez it would show a lot more. Conor constantly talked about how he was going to clean the division and defend his title yet decided to relinquish his title rather than rematch Aldo, even stating that had Edgar won he would have defended his belt?

Holloway: Called Aldo out with a time and a place only to called on his bluff and come up with multiple excuse as to who he cant fight. Recently a photo had emerged of a sore angle which is a a more valid excuse than having to take his daughter to Disneyland, however it may just have been that the realization of who he is fighting made him believe he needs more time to prepare.

Khabib: Ok even if it can be argued that the first two have or have had legit reasons not to face Aldo, Khabib does not. A fighter who has one top five win doesn't want to fight Aldo, a top 5 p4p great, current champion, and a bigger draw as he wants a 'real' battle. Winning would give him an interim title, a guarantee at a title fight and career changing payday. Obviously he is avoiding Aldo and taking what he considers to be the easier fight.

Taking all this in, while Mousasi is also definitely up there he isn't a champion or a p4p great so its more excusable when contenders refuse to fight him. Aldo = the 'most avoided MMA fighter' in the world!

Actually a good post.

But don't bring Conor into it. Just say. Conor is the exception.

Because in truth Conor hunted Aldo and after killing him Aldo cried in the back and screamed "any time" only to turn down a rematch.

I'm a huge Aldo fan. I want to see him fight more. Otherwise I agree with your post

Back