• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aldo’s decline

The Holloway losses were hard on him. The McGregor loss did a number mentally too. The aura seems gone.

Looked slower than normal in that second Mendes fight, obviously didn’t get a chance to see much in the Conor fight, but even in his wins since then he hasn’t looked as fast as he used to. And I still think he suffered some sort of serious injury to either his foot leg or hip, because we never see the leg kicks anymore.

His decline started when he stopped fighting midget wrestlers with T-Rex arms and no KO power

Tbh he hasn't declined, maybe not at all. 145 just got better. The Aussie guy ain't as ordinary as they come, he's a monster and I expect him to tear through Max like Jones tore through Shogun. Have never been as certain of a title challengers success as I have with Volk. If the level of Aldo's competition dips I think he will look great again(this is why he wants to go to a 135 he's clearly too big for cause he knows he can win that belt). Dude was on top in the early 2010's from the WEC era, truth is he was dominating the early days of sub 155 MMA and the sport has just evolved. Aldo isn't old at all, he's in his early 30's and every time he faces a 5-10 guy he looks like "prime Aldo".

I thought I was the only one who thought this. His snappy darting attacks will beat Max to the punch and he'll probably mix in some takedowns.

Stopped reading at Volkanski ordinary...?

its been evident for a while but never more than in his complete lackluster performance against Volkanski.

Sorry but the Aussie guy is as ordinary as they come prime ALDO would have played with him easily.

He clearly couldn’t pull the trigger anymore despite never being hurt he just couldn’t do nothing anymore.

I’m afraid Aldo is just looking to get paid now ala Anderson Silva.
??? really . Volkanovski is a beast in any ERA. Fuck you are dumb

There are plenty of possibilities over what happened to him:

1. Competition finally caught up with him and he's unable to go further
2. He could be on a slow decline since he left WEC
3. Dana told him to quit whatever PED he was doing as USADA forbid it, and his other PEDs are shitty.
4. McGregor might have taken his confidence away
5. A lot of his experience is against wrestlers, he might have a hard time fighting strikers that pack more gas than him.
6. He's past his prime / too old for that shift, even though 32.
7. He got a lot of money (unlikely) and doesn't care much now.

Pick any two or three of them, just don't say asinine stuff like "he's never been the goat", he might have more title defenses than most others have regular fights.

...is super sad to me. Not even that old in years. Beat down? PED"S? He doesn't seem "over it". I dunno. FW hero for me still.

He's still the same. The sport just passed him by. His skills aren't good enough for the new breed.

Damn I hate this sentiment... Do you even watch fights? Go watch him in his last fight and then watch him in his prime against Faber, Brown or Kenny. If you think he looks the same go get your eyes checked.

Unreal how
Strong
And quick he was
During his champion run
And prime years.

Tremendously quick he
Remains, having had a speed advantage
Over every USADA-era opponent including in his
Losses, but
LMAO, nice try though

<36>

Back