Alan Belcher: Did you honestly feel that Okami was out when you threw the elbow?

JabCrossKick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
iThe64rAI3xgC.gif

Someone get Belcher to respond to this! I think this is the most overlooked moment for UFC 155!

I missed that when it happened. It does look like he went out momentarily.

Obviously Alan didn't feel it, or he would have went crazy trying to capitalize.

Either way I don't think Okami was out, just rocked. And there was too little time left to do anything about it.

Looks more like he dropped his head down to avoid eating another big elbow like that. It looks like he adjusts his left foot/leg to make sure the body triangle is still locked in when he is allegedly "out".

I missed that when it happened. It does look like he went out momentarily.

does it ever.

sucks alan lost that fight, i was rooting for him, and still will.

war belcher.

Looks like he went out to me. His right hand goes limp along with his head.

wtf was alan doing last night, okami fan but disappointed in alan's performance

Looks more like he dropped his head down to avoid eating another big elbow like that.

its hard to say with a gif as they are sometimes slowed down or sped up (not in real time).

that would have been one of the top 5 elbow koes if it stopped the fight.

Holy shit, I FFWD'd the end of that fight, how did the crowd/Rogan react? Did ppl think he was out?

Obviously Alan didn't feel it, or he would have went crazy trying to capitalize.

Either way I don't think Okami was out, just rocked. And there was too little time left to do anything about it.

looks like he yelled something to the ref right before okami *started moving again.

he looked like he went out because he immediately collapsed with his head.
its not like he protected any further elbows he just went out in my opinion.

I didn't even notice it and my brother who doesn't watch much MMA was like "he just KO'd the dude from the bottom!" and I didn't know what he meant until just now.

Back