Al made a critical mistake

Nonsense. Don't disrespect Al. His heart and will are epic. He was outfought but he was always game.
I have nothing but respect for Al, but in truth, at the end, he looked broken..

you didn't even make a joke, you're just bringing your obsession with conor in here for some reason. you seem slow.

The slow one is you.

The joke was in regards to another thread where I said the exact same thing.

Regarding McTapper, I dont care about him, hes finished, and even he knows it, hence his "retirement" that nobody cares about.

His soul was taken by Khabib for eternity, if he was a Yakuza he would be presenting Dana White his self amputated pinky finger or performing sepaku.

Next up for McTapper and crew is a Dr. Paulie free facial rearrangement for T-Rex arms and his daddy McTapper.

Try not to be so rustled that your hero is a can.

man all these guys hyping up Cerrone after a fight against Al Laquinta. Fucking LOLZ. I bet they thought Cerrone was going to lose too. Fucking lol
I didn't hype Cerrone at all.
I merely noted that the best way to beat Cerrone is to make him go backwards.

Serra and Longo literally told Al to do what OP said. Al also did try to bully Cerrone and try to push him back. Cerrone just circled around Al and used his jab and leg kicks very well.

I think your sarcasm detector needs new batteries.

I didn't hype Cerrone at all.
I merely noted that the best way to beat Cerrone is to make him go backwards.

And you're absolutely right. In the opening sequence, first 30-40 seconds I was already thinking that Al's decision to let Cerrone open up with strikes and counter them is horrible.
Cerrone needs to be pressured and made to go backwards.

Stop making excuses , Cowboy whooped that boy guys like Al , Kevin Lee , Barboza etc are simply nto in Cowboy's level.
not an excuse, bud.
It's a fact.
You bully Cowboy, he loses. You let him move forward, he wins.

Cowboys jab didnt allow him to walk him down. He landed it at will and got a knockdown with it. His face got busted up early and he had to try and figure out other ways to get inside. Cowboy outclassed him in every aspect of the fight.
that is true. His jabs were killers.
But then again, Cowboy was keeping him at a distance with the jab. He needed to close in, so Cowboy couldn't jab.
STaying outside only made matters worse.

Pressuring Cerrone is absolutely the way to to beat him, but you need 2 key attributes:

Heavy Power. Al has Power. But he doesn't have Masvidal or Till power.

Length and the ability to use it. Al has neither, unlike Till, Nate and Leon Edwards.

If you don't have 1 of those 2 things and you pressure Cowboy, he's gonna beat you. He's too skillful. And not only is he gonna beat you, he's gonna beat the hell out of you.

The slow one is you.

The joke was in regards to another thread where I said the exact same thing.

Regarding McTapper, I dont care about him, hes finished, and even he knows it, hence his "retirement" that nobody cares about.

His soul was taken by Khabib for eternity, if he was a Yakuza he would be presenting Dana White his self amputated pinky finger or performing sepaku.

Next up for McTapper and crew is a Dr. Paulie free facial rearrangement for T-Rex arms and his daddy McTapper.

Try not to be so rustled that your hero is a can.
it wasn't a joke though, you're just a bitter dork bringing your obsession with conor into unrelated threads.

and yeah you REALLY seem like you " don't care " about conor LMAO, stay deluded.

it wasn't a joke though, you're just a bitter dork bringing your obsession with conor into unrelated threads.

and yeah you REALLY seem like you " don't care " about conor LMAO, stay deluded.

Your hero is a can, deal with it.

Cowboy established the range and dictated the fight early. The first two rounds were close, but Cowboy's plan was clear. I think Al got too content trying to land when he could when he did get inside. Al was fighting two different fights and wasn't committed to either. The outside game, clearly, was least effective, and he was moderately effective inside, but he wasn't there too often. Either he isn't too comfortable fighting inside, or he lacks tools there to be effective defensively or offensively.

sure thing lil guy, whatever you need to believe to feel better.

1027982.jpg

What happened after Khabib took his soul for eternity ?

Oh, that's right, McTapper retired.

Canner McTapper is finished, he knows he ain't got shit for Khabib or any other top contender. If he thought otherwise, he would still be fighting.

Now go cry yourself to sleep.

He did not walk Cowboy back
If you allow Cowboy to move forward, he wins. Simple as that.

I know, it is easier said than done, but I truly believe the ONLY way to beat Cowboy is to force him to back up.
If you don't bully him, he will win.

You're right. Cerrone almost never loses in his type of fight... maybe Leon Edwards beat him in his own type of fight (I actually never saw that fight), and Benson Henderson did in their 3rd fight but Benson got robbed.

Al fights at a pace like Cerrone. He isn't a pressure fighter, and he also stands in kicking range which caused problems against the better kicker in Cerrone. They fought strike for strike for 25 minutes; it is the only way both of them like to fight, and Cerrone turned out to be better at it. Al also needs to counter jabs better, a number of people have caused him problems by jabbing.

View attachment 577799

What happened after Khabib took his soul for eternity ?

Oh, that's right, McTapper retired.

Canner McTapper is finished, he knows he ain't got shit for Khabib or any other top contender. If he thought otherwise, he would still be fighting.

Now go cry yourself to sleep.

Pretty sure the fact that Conor makes more money over breakfast than you'll ever make in your entire life is part of the reason he isn't fighting.

Al has power but he isn’t really a very good striker. He doesn’t have a lot of tools.

His boxing is good but he tried to often overhand right. He is shorter and his kicks and muay thai are way worse than Cowboys. Cerrone have very good takedowns defense these days plus counters of takedowns attempts with his great knees.

He did not walk Cowboy back
If you allow Cowboy to move forward, he wins. Simple as that.

I know, it is easier said than done, but I truly believe the ONLY way to beat Cowboy is to force him to back up.
If you don't bully him, he will win.

Al has the wrong style to pressure someone the way cowboy needs to be pressured though. Wrong stance, posture, wrong style of striking.

Bad matchup for him in every way but his stock only goes up with every fight.

Back