Al made a critical mistake

Shaddows

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
He did not walk Cowboy back
If you allow Cowboy to move forward, he wins. Simple as that.

I know, it is easier said than done, but I truly believe the ONLY way to beat Cowboy is to force him to back up.
If you don't bully him, he will win.

Al has power but he isn’t really a very good striker. He doesn’t have a lot of tools.

Walking someone down while getting pieced up hurts
Didn't have the skills to hang

He tried. And when he did he had success. Even Ray and Matt where telling him to be the bully. He did it in spurts then got beat up and couldnt keep it up.

He can't move him back because he would get hit from 5 different angles. Unless AL could close distance and had better reach.

Al was getting countered. He was knocked down from the jab punch lol.

pretty sure he was trying, cerrone was jabbing his face off and piecing him up.

He couldn’t pressure Cerrone cause he kept eating stiff jabs. Evident in the round that he got dropped by a jab when coming forward.

That’s the biggest thing is this fight. Cerrone usually is very combo heavy but sat back more just circling while being jab heavy and mixed in the leg kicks very well.

Great game plan vs a guy with looping punches and has the reach disadvantage. Everytime Cerrone threw combos he was getting hit. The veteran experience really paid off.

Cerrone has very fast fast twitch.

He tried. And when he did he had success. Even Ray and Matt where telling him to be the bully. He did it in spurts then got beat up and couldnt keep it up.
You're right. Also I think Cerrone did a good job making him pay when he came in. Sharp jab and good kicks. It was hard for Al to be the bully.

Those early leg kicks for Cerrone really paid off. They made Al slow and almost unable to get inside

I know, it is easier said than done, but I truly believe the ONLY way to beat Cowboy is to force him to back up.
Major reach disadvantage for al

Jab, circle, leg kick, teep kick, circle jab. Yeah, easier said than done couch fighter. Lol.

It's crazy how durable and fierce Raging Al is. The knee in the 1st or front kick in the 4th round have finished 90% of the guys. Much less taking both and continuing to attack for another 10 minutes.

Last edited:
I agree. All Al had to do was just beat him to win, ya know? I don't why he didn't think of it really. Smart observation TS

Should have attacked the body more imo. Used it to set up head strikes.

man all these guys hyping up Cerrone after a fight against Al Laquinta. Fucking LOLZ. I bet they thought Cerrone was going to lose too. Fucking lol

Back