Al made a critical mistake

serra and longo just dont know obvious stuff like that

He did not walk Cowboy back
If you allow Cowboy to move forward, he wins. Simple as that.

I know, it is easier said than done, but I truly believe the ONLY way to beat Cowboy is to force him to back up.
If you don't bully him, he will win.
The reach and the early leg kicks were the difference.

Al should've wrestled or went to the body instead of trying to knock Cerrone out.

He also needed to faint more and get in out and use low leg kicks.

Cerrone was just better and Al was hoping for a KO. Bad strategy from his team.

serra and longo just dont know obvious stuff like that

Serra and Longo literally told Al to do what OP said. Al also did try to bully Cerrone and try to push him back. Cerrone just circled around Al and used his jab and leg kicks very well.

It’s tough to push a guy back when he’s got better kicks and more reach with straighter punches.

Al fought probably as well as he could, which wasn’t enough. I will say Cerrone’s chin looked better then ever, ate some huge shots and only looked wobbled once and rarely hurt.

Really impressive game plan and performance, both guys fought like warriors but Cowboy has more tools and fought smarter.

I know, it is easier said than done, but I truly believe the ONLY way to beat Cowboy is to force him to back up.
Stop making excuses , Cowboy whooped that boy guys like Al , Kevin Lee , Barboza etc are simply nto in Cowboy's level.

Cowboys jab didnt allow him to walk him down. He landed it at will and got a knockdown with it. His face got busted up early and he had to try and figure out other ways to get inside. Cowboy outclassed him in every aspect of the fight.

I heard it's hard to be the bully when Cerrone is punching you in the face at the same time that he destroys your leg.

Somewhat like Tyson said..

Cerrone was landing that stiff jab to counter Al’s rushes. It was a good night for Cowboy.

Cowboy seemed to have a pretty decent size advantage, which made it hard for Al to get inside. Plus I think that knee he ate flush rang his bell for longer than he let on.

I dont know If it would have made a difference but Al should have put more pressure.

Al just struggled to find his range early on and ate a lot of shots, and tonight Cerrone was on fire and ate huge shots unfazed.

Al kept the fight at kicking range which was fatal. Cowboy didn't even punish him for closing the distance the few times that he did. Really disappointing fight from Al.

Walking someone down while getting pieced up hurts
Didn't have the skills to hang

This.

It's hard enough to do it just boxing, but contending with kicks and trying to make the opponent back up? Eesh. That's why they make the medium bucks, I guess.

cowboy kept the range and amazingly... he made Iaquinta gas out. never thought i'd see that.

makes kevin lee look even more terrible.

Al's hands and shot selection is pretty good but his footwork is a little stiff and his head movement got worse as the fight went on. He was really putting in work with feints and pressure but you could tell it was over when he started trying to fake him out with desperate shots. Leg kicks really were the base of this win.

Hernandez tried to bully him and got dog walked. It’s definitely a lot more than just walking cowboy back you have to cut him off and be quick with your footwork but al isn’t very fleet footed.

I noticed a few things in the fight, the first thing Al did when the bell rang was just kinda freeze in the center of the octagon, he wasn't bouncing or moving in/out, he just stood there kinda watching and waiting, and spent a lot of time just waiting on Cowboy to throw (which was bad for Al because of the height/reach advantage). Then after a number of leg kicks I think he injured his leg or knee by the 2nd round, because after that his only gameplan seemed to be a hail-mary right hand, and he kept disengaging after each exchange and letting cowboy tee off on him. I wouldnt be surprised if he needs knee surgery now or something.

Back