Al Haymon.NBC boxing series

Garcia v Peterson is a year too late but better late then never. I can see Garcia stopping Peterson

I think it'll be a bunch of mismatches too. JLeon Love in main events against guys from Nicaragua with flashy records.

It'd be nice to see some good fights on there but I'm not expecting a lot.

thurman vs gurero
broner vs molina on the first card!!!

peterson vs garcia!

those arent ur typical al haymon one sided fights this is huge for boxing. Primetime on nbc is big and haymon isnt gonna pay 20 million to not put good matchups together. The loser here is showetime who is left to fight on showtime? I also expect the next hw champ wilder to be fighting on nbc soon.

Broner is a wildcard, because he kinda sucks.

yea I agree molina could pull a maidana

but I wanna see wgat kinda ratings this does compared to ufc on fox

this does shake up the boxing world showtime could bring in roc nation lol

While I looks good up front what is the long time goal? We seen the Top Rank HBO and GBP Showtime one channel/one promotion play out and while it had some good fights, there are only so many options for guys before we start getting rematches nobody cares to see.

This is why I was thinking haymons 2014 wasn't very eventful because he was waiting to put some good fights on nbc. The dude is not in the business of losing money

This what Espinoza and showtime gets for green lighting Haymon last year with Salka and garcia like matches. All the big fights went to nbc. Got played now Stephen is going to be like a scorned lover.

thurman vs gurero
broner vs molina on the first card!!!

peterson vs garcia!

those arent ur typical al haymon one sided fights this is huge for boxing. Primetime on nbc is big and haymon isnt gonna pay 20 million to not put good matchups together. The loser here is showetime who is left to fight on showtime? I also expect the next hw champ wilder to be fighting on nbc soon.

Yeah, good first show and Haymon just made Garcia vs Peterson too. Maybe we're all being too hasty in expecting the worst from Haymon.

Brian Campbell @BCampbellESPN

"Sam Watson clarified that NBC fighters are not exclusive to the network or PBC series. They can float to Showtime, PPV level, etc."

It's a honey moon period so it will look good in the beginning. An interesting part about this whole equation is that Haymon and investors are putting up money for these events unlike how in 2014, showtime covered the expenses.

I think it's still safe to say that Haymon isn't necessarily great for boxing, he's great for his boxers. I don't mean to come across as a cynic. In fact those announced fights do appeal to me as a fan. I think that Molina will bring a great deal of entertainment, but he is awful easy to hit when he comes in. Broner just so happens to be pretty good at hitting guys as they do that, and also countering guys with his hand speed. I think Molina struggles and loses a one-sided, though - at times - very intriguing fight.

Thurman should beat Guerrero because Geurrero abandons his game plan within 2 rounds and Thurman has the power to keep him honest while also being a better boxer. Still a fun fight to watch though.

Robert Guerrero @GHOSTBOXING

"@keithfthurmanjr That's if you don't get on that Bicycle when you get hit ONE TIME. Now you talk tough? #Time2Expose #IRSfraudDepartment"

OMG! They're going to have a beef on twitter!? This makes the fight that much more appealing to me!

Groundbreaking shit right there.

Live Boxing podcast on Haymon Fighting Championship coming to NBC.

Robert Guerrero @GHOSTBOXING

"@keithfthurmanjr That's if you don't get on that Bicycle when you get hit ONE TIME. Now you talk tough? #Time2Expose #IRSfraudDepartment"

"He ran all night! Like a chee-kin!"

12666083-mmmain.jpg

Tureano Johnson @Tureano1984

"Serious question. For the NBC deal does one corner get Sam and the other the twins? Or do they split the twins up? Thoughts? #boxing"

Back