Al Haymon.NBC boxing series

Seano

Hands of bone
@plutonium
Reaction score
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article18996.html

According to multiple sources, influential advisor Al Haymon and executives from NBC will hold a press conference this Wednesday in New York to officially announce their joint venture into a boxing series that will feature fights on both NBC and NBC Sports Network. Last weekend, fans watching the NFL playoff game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens got a sneak peek at what's to come when a commercial showing a boxing ring and the words "COMING IN MARCH" aired.

Although specific details are unknown at this time, we're told that "several fights with big-name fighters" have already been ironed out for March and April. It is our understanding that only select members of the media have been invited to attend the scheduled press conference, so be sure to keep it locked on FightHype.com all this week for more details as they become known.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article18996.html

According to multiple sources, influential advisor Al Haymon and executives from NBC will hold a press conference this Wednesday in New York to officially announce their joint venture into a boxing series that will feature fights on both NBC and NBC Sports Network. Last weekend, fans watching the NFL playoff game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens got a sneak peek at what's to come when a commercial showing a boxing ring and the words "COMING IN MARCH" aired.

Although specific details are unknown at this time, we're told that "several fights with big-name fighters" have already been ironed out for March and April. It is our understanding that only select members of the media have been invited to attend the scheduled press conference, so be sure to keep it locked on FightHype.com all this week for more details as they become known.

I'm not surprised. I think a lot of people are expecting horrific mismatches. Selling these mismatches to the general public would be very easy to do if they aren't already familiar with how Haymon does business.

Haymon has a bad reputation for giving his fighters easy fights, so there's no surprise if he does so here. In fact, he may have a lot more freedom to do so with this new platform.

The fact that only certain members of the media have been invited may further alienate some boxing fans that see this as him only wanting the right questions to be asked.

Didn't Don King do something like this in the seventies and it screwed guys like Hagler?

Maybe it's just history repeating itself.

I hope not...

I think it'll be a bunch of mismatches too. JLeon Love in main events against guys from Nicaragua with flashy records.

It'd be nice to see some good fights on there but I'm not expecting a lot.

There really isn't much to talk about.
Unless he reveals Ward vs Dirrell on network tv.

There really isn't much to talk about.
Unless he reveals Ward vs Dirrell on network tv.

Not likely. Apparently Ward is now a Roc Nation guy.

who cares, they're going to be nothing but shitty mismatches

the commercial should read " from the people who brought you Rod saka vs Danny garcia "

In holding out hope that he will put some big fights on NBC. If Cunningham vs fury can have 4 million viewers imagine Garcia vs broner or some shit

I think one or two good fights happen on this series this year to fool fans into thinking Al Haymon is about making good fights.

Suddenly boxing will have more network time than the UFC.

NBC will carry 5 cards in prime time and 6 on Saturday afternoons

Hopefully Haymon 'surprises' and makes something worthwhile happen.

damn good first card...

Thurman v ghost

Broner v j.Molina

on NBC primetime

Thats a very good two fight boxing card on NBC.

Back