Media AJ sounds fired up!

Kovalev's "Man Bag"

Threat Actor
@Silver
Reaction score
Ahead of his immediate rematch with Usyk. He knows what tactics he'll have to employ and that it'll require a completely different mentality. Whether he can do it or not, who knows? He won't be favored in the rematch but he will be a very live dog with the proper strategy this time around. If he isn't fully prepared to go out on his shield then he'll lose again. He'll have to roll the dice here. It's good that he realizes his back is up against the wall and that he must step out of his comfort zone.

“I’m done with f***ing losing. I’m done with trying to learn the sweet science. He [Usyk] might get thrown on the floor in the next fight because this is war,” Joshua said of Usyk.

“It’s just straight war, I’m annoyed. I’m boiling up even speaking about it – it’s that passion to win. Stay hungry, f*** being humble,” said Joshua.

He also spoke in general about how difficult it is to fight southpaws. He acknowledged that Usyk's southpaw tactics were tricky to deal with (obviously!) and mentioned that another southpaw, Wallin, gave Fury some real problems of his own. While the sample size to draw from is small neither Fury nor AJ are all that competent against southpaws. I think, initially, most of us assumed that they'd be roughly as effective against lefties as they are with orthodox opponents but that hasn't been the case. To Fury's credit he can switch hit but that's no substitute for knowing how to fight them conventionally. Their positional awareness against southpaws is poor, and in AJ's case, really poor.

In AJ's latest interview he had a message for Usyk (timestamped below). No more Mr. Nice Englishman. Mean & motivated AJ, the Nigerian Express, is coming! That's wassup!

I'm liking this mask off AJ. Throwing F bombs at folks. He seems pissed. Only thing that seems weaker about him, is him dumping blame on his team and coaches. That's usually a sign for L's to come. He didn't do it in the Ruiz rematch, now he is kind of going the Wilder way

Very interesting listen, he has a good mind-set on him.

he's reading that off a cue card, and it shows, he even puts on a fake accent at one point

as someone else said, i think Usyk stops a more aggressive AJ

Ahead of his immediate rematch with Usyk. He knows what tactics he'll have to employ and that it'll require a completely different mentality. Whether he can do it or not, who knows? He won't be favored in the rematch but he will be a very live dog with the proper strategy this time around. If he isn't fully prepared to go out on his shield then he'll lose again. He'll have to roll the dice here. It's good that he realizes his back is up against the wall and that he must step out of his comfort zone.

“I’m done with f***ing losing. I’m done with trying to learn the sweet science. He [Usyk] might get thrown on the floor in the next fight because this is war,” Joshua said of Usyk.

“It’s just straight war, I’m annoyed. I’m boiling up even speaking about it – it’s that passion to win. Stay hungry, f*** being humble,” said Joshua.

He also spoke in general about how difficult it is to fight southpaws. He acknowledged that Usyk's southpaw tactics were tricky to deal with (obviously!) and mentioned that another southpaw, Wallin, gave Fury some real problems of his own. While the sample size to draw from is small neither Fury nor AJ are all that competent against southpaws. I think, initially, most of us assumed that they'd be roughly as effective against lefties as they are with orthodox opponents but that hasn't been the case. To Fury's credit he can switch hit but that's no substitute for knowing how to fight them conventionally. Their positional awareness against southpaws is poor, and in AJ's case, really poor.

In AJ's latest interview he had a message for Usyk (timestamped below). No more Mr. Nice Englishman. Mean & motivated AJ, the Nigerian Express, is coming! That's wassup!

happy days, that’s the attitude he fuckin needs for the rematch. He’s too nice much of the time.
I still don’t think he’ll win with a different strategy. He’s gonna get hit more, but this is what he needs to do to give himself a decent chance. If he fights the same way he loses. Of that there is no doubt

he's reading that off a cue card, and it shows, he even puts on a fake accent at one point

as someone else said, i think Usyk stops a more aggressive AJ

I think he probably does as well, but he isn’t beating usyk by out boxing him. He’s gonna have to be more aggressive

I'm liking this mask off AJ. Throwing F bombs at folks. He seems pissed. Only thing that seems weaker about him, is him dumping blame on his team and coaches. That's usually a sign for L's to come. He didn't do it in the Ruiz rematch, now he is kind of going the Wilder way

Did you hear his corner during the Usyk fight? Abysmal. If their strategy & training are as bad as their cornering then he's well past due for moving on to someone who knows wtf they are doing and can actually help him.

His bottle has gone, many still talk big.. and believe it.
Just hope he takes a page out of Wilder's book and shows us something within, instead of conceding with a whimper.

Did you hear his corner during the Usyk fight? Abysmal. If their strategy & training are as bad as their cornering then he's well past due for moving on to someone who knows wtf they are doing and can actually help him.

It was the shittiest game plan for AJ ever, no doubt. But AJ is in charge of his team. He is the boss. He can't shut his eyes and drop responsibilty on ignorance. If he does, he is gonna end up like Wilder did in his rematches vs Fury. If he accepts responsibilty (even if he changes coaches) like he himself did vs Ruiz, then he actually has a chance.

So he's going to do the things that McKraken was telling him to do in the first Usyk fight?

He's such a fucking cornball - I can hardly listen to him these days.

Here he is prentending to play chess (black pieces of course), though anybody with even a rudimentary understanding of the game will see this is not a real game, but a very odd setup with pieces in totally unrealistic positions.

He's a fake motherfucker, top to bottom.

Chess.jpg

So he's going to do the things that McKraken was telling him to do in the first Usyk fight?

McKarken was telling him to stick to the jab and did not advice urgency even in the last few rounds.

the only thing i can think is happening here, is that Joshua has realised the McCracken didnt have the balls to tell him to stop fannying about trying to outbox him, and just go for the kill and try and bully him with size

sounds like hes took a long hard look in the mirror and realised he isnt the boxer he was trying to be...possibly the boxer McCracken was telling him he could be

"he could have pressured him better, he could have closed the gap" - literally the first things McCraken says

Everything about him is so phony.

Back