Media AJ McKee: I'm the best 145lber in the world; Max Holloway was always my dream fight as a kid

yes exactly. My first post in this thread was saying Bellator is most likely going to lock him down contractually due to him being champ or just plain offer him too much for it to make sense for him to sign anywhere else. It’s the same with the UFC, I can’t remember the last time a ufc champ left as champ and fought in another organization…bj penn after Hughes 2 is all I can remember

Couture, but that was a loooong time ago. And you are right, champs don't leave UFC or Bellator. Chandler was able to leave since he lost to Pitbull and fought out his two fights on his champ contract.

Ironically, Pitbull is more likely to go over to the UFC now if he loses his LW title as well to AJ or someone else

Last edited:
Didn't Eddie take them to court while Bjorn was running shit?
Bjorn seemed more like a hard ass about the contracts. I know Minakov also had a problem with his Bjorn era contract that carried over to the Coker era.

Great fight, I do believe Max may be a little too much for him at this stage.

But I also believe he would expose some of the grappling deficiencies that people haven’t seen from max in a very long time.

At AJ’s current trajectory, within a year or two he could absolutely eclipse the two top dogs at FW (Volk & Max), but I’ll have to see a more.

As for the actual fight, in order for McKee to truly chase greatness he has to leave Belloltor. The way he's talking, he might.

I agree, you have to go into the big leagues....In bellator its just like the minor leagues...you just don't know how good someone is, but, AJ beat the Champ like he is on another level.

AJ would literally destroy Max in seconds it would be zero challenge at all. Max can’t even beat Volkacanski.
Already changed your AV dude?

AJ just made a million bucks. Stay in Bellator.

Max would destroy him. Did people forget what Holloway did to kattar? Or what he did in his 13 fights win streak against guys like Prime Aldo and Edgar
Running through Pitbull like that is no easy feat. I dont see Max destroying him

Wouldn't he have to lose first or be approved for an unconditional release? Thought Bellator had similar champion clauses in their contracts to the UFCs. Chandler didn't come across till after he got finished and wasn't Alvarez only allowed across because Coker released him?
Brooks left while being champ.

Back