Media AJ McKee: I'm the best 145lber in the world; Max Holloway was always my dream fight as a kid

I meant more so on pay. I should have clarified.

AJ’s purse for this fight was $150,000/$1,000,000
With this win over pitbull plus him being a young marketable draw with a personality, I highly doubt the UFC would offer anything close to what he would make in Bellator for his next fight and that’s not even counting the sponsors that Bellator would allow him to have where the UFC wouldn’t.

Don’t get me wrong Bellator pay is trash if you’re entry level or prelims….my other teammate Joshua Jones fought in the prelims of the same card and made $4k/$4k (he won so $8k) but if you’re the star of Bellator they will spoil you to get you to stay

AJ would literally destroy Max in seconds it would be zero challenge at all. Max can’t even beat Volkacanski.
Hey are you guy who used to be a big Patricio fan, had a Patricio AV, called Patricio the greatest FW of all time? Couldn't be you could it I mean with that McKee AV you've clearly been in his corner the whole time.

McKee cracks Max’s chin which is on borrowed time
Ngl Spider your trolling isn't on par with GueseGuy's, I mean you didn't switch your AV from Patricio to McKee and start proclaiming McKee as the FW Goat, or even suggest he'd be the LW champ in the UFC, little disappointed with your efforts bud. Any chance that's an alt account of yours where you put more effort into trolling?

AJ’s purse for this fight was $150,000/$1,000,000
With this win over pitbull plus him being a young marketable draw with a personality, I highly doubt the UFC would offer anything close to what he would make in Bellator for his next fight and that’s not even counting the sponsors that Bellator would allow him to have where the UFC wouldn’t.

Don’t get me wrong Bellator pay is trash if you’re entry level or prelims….my other teammate Joshua Jones fought in the prelims of the same card and made $4k/$4k (he won so $8k) but if you’re the star of Bellator they will spoil you to get you to stay

I'm going to assume he's never getting that million again outside of this rare tournament format, but for them that base is good pay. That said, I don't think anyone really knows what the UFC truly pays. It's all speculation. I would hope he goes to the UFC, but if not, hoped he's paid handsomely either way.

Thanks for the reply, btw.

Ngl Spider your trolling isn't on par with GueseGuy's, I mean you didn't switch your AV from Patricio to McKee and start proclaiming McKee as the FW Goat, or even suggest he'd be the LW champ in the UFC, little disappointed with your efforts bud. Any chance that's an alt account of yours where you put more effort into trolling?
Everyone knows TheSpider is one of a kind and a respected and well known member of Sherdog. C’mon man

Everyone knows TheSpider is one of a kind and a respected and well known member of Sherdog. C’mon man
I do appreciate your more subtle trolling but you've got to admit that guy goes the extra yard, was even funnier when he switched to an AV of McKee minutes after I suggested it to him, that was both genius and downright hilarious.

I do appreciate your more subtle trolling but you've got to admit that guy goes the extra yard, was even funnier when he switched to an AV of McKee minutes after I suggested it to him, that was both genius and downright hilarious.
I hespect @GueseGuy but there is only one Sherdog GOAT

It's weird how Max is the veteran now and people that were watching him growing up are fighting at a high level now.

I mean, it makes sense. I'm just saying it just seemed to happen fast.

I'm going to assume he's never getting that million again outside of this rare tournament format, but for them that base is good pay. That said, I don't think anyone really knows what the UFC truly pays. It's all speculation. I would hope he goes to the UFC, but if not, hoped he's paid handsomely either way.

Thanks for the reply, btw.

Yea chandler did get offered a good amount in his UFC debut ($350k base) but that was him having 23 Bellator fights under his belt. I do think AJ will eventually make it to the UFC but not before going on a reign as Bellator champ for a few years and raking in some good money and a few easy fights. THEN with that momentum he can get that $350k range purse offer for a UFC debut and come in as an immediate title eliminator etc

Yea chandler did get offered a good amount in his UFC debut ($350k base) but that was him having 23 Bellator fights under his belt. I do think AJ will eventually make it to the UFC but not before going on a reign as Bellator champ for a few years and raking in some good money and a few easy fights. THEN with that momentum he can get that $350k range purse offer for a UFC debut and come in as an immediate title eliminator etc
Wouldn't he have to lose first or be approved for an unconditional release? Thought Bellator had similar champion clauses in their contracts to the UFCs. Chandler didn't come across till after he got finished and wasn't Alvarez only allowed across because Coker released him?

Reactions: lsa
Hope yall quickly realize this fight isnt likely in the next year. AJ will still have at least another 2 or 3 Bellator fights before he potentially jumps ship. By the time he crosses over, I think he gets the job done.

Wouldn't he have to lose first or be approved for an unconditional release? Thought Bellator had similar champion clauses in their contracts to the UFCs. Chandler didn't come across till after he got finished and wasn't Alvarez only allowed across because Coker released him?

yes exactly. My first post in this thread was saying Bellator is most likely going to lock him down contractually due to him being champ or just plain offer him too much for it to make sense for him to sign anywhere else. It’s the same with the UFC, I can’t remember the last time a ufc champ left as champ and fought in another organization…bj penn after Hughes 2 is all I can remember

Didn't Eddie take them to court while Bjorn was running shit?

Kinda hard to pick against Holloway after his last fight. How the fuck did Volkanovski beat that guy twice?
Because Volk is a real fighter and not a substitute teacher like Calvin Kattar

All amazing fighters, but max is on his own level

Easy to shine in the shit leagues.

Volk, Ortega and max destroy this guy.

I truly don’t think that moron is trolling. It’s funnier to know he’s legit that ignorant.

The Av change, though <45>

Back