airforce

flizbap said:
It's damn near impossible to get kicked out of any american military bootcamp. In the army My drill sergeants literally dragged a private across the finish line to the final obstacle course so that he would pass Basic. When i went in I was overweight, and i've had major surgery in both my feet. Still passed. You only fail of you want to.
When I went thru Parris Island in '02, we lost about 10 guys from my class. Im not saying its hard but if you don't want to work hard and you don't want to be there, you won't graduate. Marines Corps bootcamp is alot differant than the army or airforce.

bacon said:
I had 58 guys in my flight and I honestly thought that half of those rejects wouldn't make it past the first week....Six weeks later, I graduated with 59 guys in my flight. We picked up some retard from another flight along the way. "Aim High" my ass...

Thank you, for some reason I found that funny enough to laugh out loud :icon_chee

Its funny to me now that its behind me, but at the time, it was a slap in the face to see some of those gutless morons make it through. Don't get me wrong, I will stand behind any out-of-shape, unathletic human and help him as much as humanly possible as long as he has the desire, but some of those mental midgets......I wouldn't want them changing the oil in my truck, let alone the engine in a jet aircraft.

bacon said:
A strict regimen of ho-ho's, root beer and the occasional thumb wrestling match will be more than enough prep for the AF Basic Training. Like I said, folding your clothes is the hardest part.

I came in here to say the exact same thing (except I was going to opt for doughnuts). Even the guys who tried out for Combat Control had it easier than your average Army recruit. Aim high, 'cause the cookies are on the top shelf.

Chairforce rangers Huh!!!!!!

Seriously, practice getting yelled at and folding shit. That is all you really do, and march. It's really not a big deal. Just remember that it is not real, and it's one gigantic head game and just make friends and really try and build a tem if you know what I am saying.

The Air Farce is not tough, unless you have a tough job. And there are few of those.

bacon said:
Its funny to me now that its behind me, but at the time, it was a slap in the face to see some of those gutless morons make it through. Don't get me wrong, I will stand behind any out-of-shape, unathletic human and help him as much as humanly possible as long as he has the desire, but some of those mental midgets......I wouldn't want them changing the oil in my truck, let alone the engine in a jet aircraft.

I understand completely. I'm sure that I'd feel the same in that position.

Barut said:
I was under the impression that the Air Force boot camp was a walk in the park compared to the Army and Marines...

If your friend is in decent shape now, he should be fine. I'd concentrate on the ladies for the last 5 weeks.

haha, great advice!

2mi is a joke we did 3-5 mi runs twice a week after week 6 in army basic

went through in 02

Martin Plunkett said:
Chairforce rangers Huh!!!!!!

Seriously, practice getting yelled at and folding shit. That is all you really do, and march. It's really not a big deal. Just remember that it is not real, and it's one gigantic head game and just make friends and really try and build a tem if you know what I am saying.

The Air Farce is not tough, unless you have a tough job. And there are few of those.

absolutely right. It's just a mind game to see if you can handle pressure. Air Force has some tough jobs like flightline dudes fixing planes or loading bombs nonstop. then you got the air force

if he wants to be in good shape there are books by a former SEAL named stew smith with a program to for this sort of thing. probably overkill, but if he wants to do special forces or something it might be good. i know a guy who kicked ass at marine corps officer candidate school after doing the '12 weeks to BUD/S' program.
otherwise distance running, pullups, crunches and pushups would probably get the job dne, as others have said

Back