airforce

A

anvar

a buddy of mine is going into the airforce in 5weeks, and asked if i knew a good workout to get ready for boot camp. Does anybody know a good pre-airforce boot camp workout?

I did not know airforce really had a phyically tough boot camp, thought it would of been more mental. Cant really go wrong with some HIIT to help his cardio out. And what does airforces boot camp require you to do if you know?

I thought they incorporated more longer distance stuff in bootcamp, so HIIT might not be the best way to go. Long distance running, pushups, sit-ups, pull-ups etc.

PM Foulsmeller, he can help you out more.

I was under the impression that the Air Force boot camp was a walk in the park compared to the Army and Marines...

If your friend is in decent shape now, he should be fine. I'd concentrate on the ladies for the last 5 weeks.

I went through AF Basic Training in the summer of 1996. What the Air Force considers "physical training" is a joke. Any man or woman without a serious health condition can step off the couch and pass the physical requirements of the AF. They're looking for effort, not excellence. The hardest part is a two mile run (jog) and they give a ridiculous amount of time to do it in. I went to basic shortly after freestyle wrestling and I put on weight and fell out of shape in the six weeks I spent in San Antonio.

You friend might want to start working on his ironing skills, because he'll be folding his undies and tee shirts in six inch squares. He should also start practicing these words "Sir, Airman (your friends last name here) reports as ordered" as he will have to say them before speaking for the whole six weeks. Tell him not to shave his head or wear boots either, unless he wants an instructor to make fun of him.

Basic is easy, all you have to do is try. They WANT you to succeed. I had 58 guys in my flight and I honestly thought that half of those rejects wouldn't make it past the first week....Six weeks later, I graduated with 59 guys in my flight. We picked up some retard from another flight along the way. "Aim High" my ass...

The Air Force PT standards have come a long way since '96. I just went through in '04 and although it wasn't all that difficult for me, I know If I didn't come in in good shape, I would have struggled.

Tell your friend that in BMT he'll have a 3 days where they do like interval training and then 3 days where they do a 2-mile run. So just mimic what he'd be doing in BMT. M/W/F tell him to pick 8 calisthenic exercises and do them in a row, then do some HIIT. Then on T/THU/S, go on a 2 mile run. 5 weeks I plenty of time to get in shape.

*remembers BMT*

Tell your friend not to worry at all and that he should just spend the next 5 weeks drinking and banging. I joined the marines as an out of shape fat fuck and i made it through it ( i was in shape by the end of 3 the months). Air Force 2 mile run? Thats a joke.

Heh. Air farce. They don't do PT. They just wear spiffy new PTs trying to outdo the Army in the PTs dept. It's not a fashion contest, you know. You plan on running in that or just looking cool in the extremely oversized 50 cents-style sweatpants? Ridiculous.

Goat Meal said:
The Air Force PT standards have come a long way since '96. I just went through in '04 and although it wasn't all that difficult for me, I know If I didn't come in in good shape, I would have struggled.

Tell your friend that in BMT he'll have a 3 days where they do like interval training and then 3 days where they do a 2-mile run. So just mimic what he'd be doing in BMT. M/W/F tell him to pick 8 calisthenic exercises and do them in a row, then do some HIIT. Then on T/THU/S, go on a 2 mile run. 5 weeks I plenty of time to get in shape.

*remembers BMT*

If what you described is the BMT PT requirements, then it hasn't changed at all. The guy in the bunk next to mine was an overweight asthmatic with a knee problem and he made it just fine....*points and laughs*

PariahCarey has the right idea.

bacon said:
If what you described is the BMT PT requirements, then it hasn't changed at all. The guy in the bunk next to mine was an overweight asthmatic with a knee problem and he made it just fine....*points and laughs*

PariahCarey has the right idea.

I meant the PT standards have changed.

PariahCarey said:
Tell your friend not to worry at all and that he should just spend the next 5 weeks drinking and banging. I joined the marines as an out of shape fat fuck and i made it through it ( i was in shape by the end of 3 the months). Air Force 2 mile run? Thats a joke.

Where exactly is the joke?

I'll be honest I know nothing about air force boot camp, but I'd be willing to bet that proficiency in burpees (with a pushup and jump) would go a long way. Right now it's my goal to complete the prison workout, and it's fucking tough, but as far as prep for boot camp, it should suffice if you don't know exactly what you'll be doing.

A strict regimen of ho-ho's, root beer and the occasional thumb wrestling match will be more than enough prep for the AF Basic Training. Like I said, folding your clothes is the hardest part.

mind me asking? what the hell is a ho-ho? is it like a twinky? i hear americans joke about this all the time.

yomon said:
mind me asking? what the hell is a ho-ho? is it like a twinky? i hear americans joke about this all the time.

It's like a twinkie only dark brown. There's more nutritional value in the wrapper.

bacon said:
I went through AF Basic Training in the summer of 1996. What the Air Force considers "physical training" is a joke. Any man or woman without a serious health condition can step off the couch and pass the physical requirements of the AF. They're looking for effort, not excellence. The hardest part is a two mile run (jog) and they give a ridiculous amount of time to do it in. I went to basic shortly after freestyle wrestling and I put on weight and fell out of shape in the six weeks I spent in San Antonio.

You friend might want to start working on his ironing skills, because he'll be folding his undies and tee shirts in six inch squares. He should also start practicing these words "Sir, Airman (your friends last name here) reports as ordered" as he will have to say them before speaking for the whole six weeks. Tell him not to shave his head or wear boots either, unless he wants an instructor to make fun of him.

Basic is easy, all you have to do is try. They WANT you to succeed. I had 58 guys in my flight and I honestly thought that half of those rejects wouldn't make it past the first week....Six weeks later, I graduated with 59 guys in my flight. We picked up some retard from another flight along the way. "Aim High" my ass...

lolz at Chaiforce

i joined af around 97 and bootcamp was a joke but then again i was in shape. 10 yrs went by and the air force fitness test is gay too. If you are going by appearance i see alot of army dudes who are fat but i bet they can run though. Don't judge a book by its cover. Navy i heard don't know now doesn't have a fitness program

alot of my boys are in da marines and the only thing that grew fat on them was they're ego.

It's damn near impossible to get kicked out of any american military bootcamp. In the army My drill sergeants literally dragged a private across the finish line to the final obstacle course so that he would pass Basic. When i went in I was overweight, and i've had major surgery in both my feet. Still passed. You only fail of you want to.

Back