Aikido Can it be used as self-defense or in an MMA fight ?

Also, anyone looking to fight with their martial arts training, would do well to learn from what happened to Alex Gong.

Alex "F-14" Gong was a muay Thai fighter. A top fighter.

In August 2003, while Alex was training at Fairtex Gym in San Francisco, his parked vehicle was struck by another car in the parking lot.

Alex pursued the car on foot, catching up to the man at an intersection.

Alex was then shot at point-blank range, while the coward sped off, and Alex was pronounced dead at the scene.

3 days later, a person of interest was involved in a stand-off with Police, at a hotel, which ended in the man shooting himself in the head, a punkass COWARD to the end.

Fighting is not what you want it to be.

Even for a bad motherfucker like Alex Gong, may God rest his soul.
You cited the case of Alex Gong. Wanting to prove something. But you are foolishly mistaken. The man drew his weapons and fired quickly without Alex Gong's opportunity. Remembering that Alex Gong was not going to attack them. Even the best master in the world or the best master of Aikido would not disarm that man.

You should respect Alex Gong's memory when trying to suggest that he failed.

After looking up Aikido on YouTube, I was able to throw around a 15 year black belt in Aikido. Using Aikido. I'm a Judo BB.

It's not what you think though. If I'm able to throw this guy with Aikido, then surely I'll throw some random schlubs too. So actually I think it was interesting practice. Aikido can serve its purpose of basic defense against random schlubs. That is different from training to totally beat fighters, and once you understand that then you can appreciate.

The difference between me and him was that I knew how to make someone do what I want from Judo, whereas he was reliant on a compliant partner.
Friend Aikido has no real efficiency at all. Perhaps because you are a participant in Judo, which is a sport and you cannot understand it.

The real question for aikido and other bs martial arts like it should be: does it work better than doing absolutely nothing?
You are mistaken! Between knowing Aikido and knowing nothing. It is better not to know anything. Because knowing nothing will not react or will run away. In this way he may be free of a situation of urban violence. Unlike anyone who knows Aikido. Who will try to use it. This will end up dying.

It is interesting who in the middle of 2020, after the guys have seen you UFC, Pride, K1, One and Tailadese fighters winning the modality, there are still naive people who believe in fighting style like Aikito, Wing Chu, Pakua etc.

You cited the case of Alex Gong. Wanting to prove something. But you are foolishly mistaken. The man drew his weapons and fired quickly without Alex Gong's opportunity. Remembering that Alex Gong was not going to attack them. Even the best master in the world or the best master of Aikido would not disarm that man.

You should respect Alex Gong's memory when trying to suggest that he failed.

Hey you sub-100 iq-having fuckhead, I didn't say Alex "failed" at anything. I said he was murdered by a coward.

Aikido nor any unarmed martial art is going to stop a point blank attack with a firearm.

If you doubt that, then go train military and police, then inform them that your magic style will enable them to put down their firearms, as they won't need them anymore with your magic bullet defending style.

You're even more delusional than the Aikido practitioners you decry.

Spacetime has a new rival!

We needed a new troll to throw red meat threads to the masses!

iu

This new guy has a lot to learn, Aikido in a MMA forum is a dead give away scream for attention. Now go hide behind mommies skirt now, run along....

iu

This thread & subsequent posts are nothing more than a commercial covering up the skill desert seen in the current slew of commercial MMA fights.
Watch this video

Cartoon, confirms we are most certainly on an MMA forum.<Deported1>

Aikido is the best martial art bro, BJJ got nothing over Aikido

Trot out the MMA bad ass to tromple the Aikido bookworm. MMA high society @ it's 'elite' level.<{CMPALM}>

What is this doing in the MT and KB forum?
Stirring up a hornets nest. Planned.<GrassoBless>

aikido is for nerds and anime fans
{<BJPeen}
Aikido is for [MMA wouldn't know until a shaolin mountain fell on it's head which then would be passe].{<BJPeen}

That's was a fill-in-the-blank post.

First off this is the wrong sub forum. Second, learning Akido is a great way to train yourself in the ancient art of getting your ass handed to you. It’s a watered down and toothless version of traditional Japanese jujitsu. Judo on the other hand, is a modern art that focuses on the more functional aspects of old school jujitsu. More importantly, functional martial arts don’t always translate into effective self defense strategies. I have fought amateur Thai boxing for several years and have also found myself in a handful of dangerous situations in the real world. In a match your goal is to win or show more dominant techniques. Ina situation on the street you should be focused on getting away from a dangerous situation as safely as possible. Proving that you are a bad ass or looking like Bruce lee or Buakaw shouldn’t be a priority.
I'll get back to this comprehensive solution-no need for MMA forums post reply.<NewGina>

If martial art cannot be used as a self defense what is its use?
They can all be used for self defense. That's why they are called martial arts.<YayKpop>

Problem is you have to become a martial artist for them to work.

Akido is the biggest joke. Only time anyone wins a fight with it is in movies.
They do pretty well too.<{1-15}>

What on earth did I just read?
Forum stuff.<Aug3>
Who let the trolls out, who let the trolls out.....
iu

iu

To post so many nonsense threads in 24hrs?
STAFF.<Kpop775>

Fuck me your English is terrible. How can we exchange information if we can't even understand what you're trying to say?
I understand forums are for letting one's hair down, but a little rough aren\t you?<{1-17}>

This information is right
Good for you. We finally have right information about martial arts in an MMA forum.<Aug3>

Fitness and fun

BJJ gives me nice abs and more than decent general fitness

Plus it's fun

I don't know if I'm a 100% street proof, surely not, but I have far better chance to defend myself than someone who doesn't do anything martial arts related.

I'm no super hero but I'm not an easy prey either
Hidden Meaning" Sign up @ nearest big tough man MMA shop right away. Japan is for little people.<{1-1}>

I absolutely love this video... it's a barrel of laughs on so many fronts...
Aikido is the best martial art bro, BJJ got nothing over Aikido

First of all, AIKIDO everyone knows is the BETTER than BJJ. The mistake was he told the wrong guy.<Baelish01>

News Flash: Karate can't be used either!!!<Oku04>
\
old school BJJ vs Karate
•Dec 27, 2006

halfmount
37 subscribers
1975 Gracie Jiu jitsu academy vs local Karate academ
y.

Here is some extensive evidence of aikido in combat situations

First, sorry if I made a mistake in the post in the topic. Second, Aikido is a great way to be deceived. Third, Aikido is not a version of Japanese Jiu Jitsu. He came from Aikijujitsu. Which is a style prior to Japanese and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Fourth Judo did not preserve the efficient techniques of Jiu jitsu. That is why Brazilian Jiu Jitsu came about. Fifth, if martial art cannot be used as a self defense what is its use? Sixth mistake and that you practiced Thai boxing look for a muaythai gym and you will see how efficient it is in situations of urban violence.
Bjj comes directly from Judo. Judo has guard, mount, side control, triangles, armlocks.

Of course the current competition Judo has watered down ground game because of rules.

First of all, AIKIDO everyone knows is the BETTER than BJJ. The mistake was he told the wrong guy.<Baelish01>

The Diaz bros would have been proud of his "Stockston Slap my b..."

Hey you sub-100 iq-having fuckhead, I didn't say Alex "failed" at anything. I said he was murdered by a coward.

Aikido nor any unarmed martial art is going to stop a point blank attack with a firearm.

If you doubt that, then go train military and police, then inform them that your magic style will enable them to put down their firearms, as they won't need them anymore with your magic bullet defending style.

You're even more delusional than the Aikido practitioners you decry.
Says you.
First idiot and you, I didn't offend you. According to whether you believe in fairy tales the problem is yours.

Spacetime has a new rival!

We needed a new troll to throw red meat threads to the masses!

iu

This new guy has a lot to learn, Aikido in a MMA forum is a dead give away scream for attention. Now go hide behind mommies skirt now, run along....

iu
I don't hide, you do. I use my name on the profile and my caricature. Forum sever to discuss opinions. I have the courage to argue against you.<{vega}>

If you liked this video? Imagine if you visit his profile on you tube. You will become fans of it.

Back