Aikido Can it be used as self-defense or in an MMA fight ?

Bjj comes directly from Judo. Judo has guard, mount, side control, triangles, armlocks.

Of course the current competition Judo has watered down ground game because of rules.
You are not mistaken Judo came from Jiu Jitsu. And only you read the book Kodokan written by Jigoro Kano himself.

I don't hide, you do. I use my name on the profile and my caricature. Forum sever to discuss opinions. I have the courage to argue against you.<{vega}>
Spacetimes stunted apprentice.

Good try, but hiding behind mama's skirt and posting attention seeking threads is so obvious.

iu

If you liked this video? Imagine if you visit his profile on you tube. You will become fans of it.
I might. But the demo is straight out of the MMA > TMA playbook. I'll explain. Next post.<{jackyeah}>

If you liked this video? Imagine if you visit his profile on you tube. You will become fans of it.
Here's the Rokas guy who ditched Aikido for MMA. Has a nicely successful YT channel on practical martial arts. Personally, I prefer Ramsey Dewey but that's neither here nor there. Pretty much the same theme.
DUBLIN
From MMA To Karate - Spinning Kicks and Blitzing • Martial Arts Journey
•Dec 10, 2019

Martial Arts Journey
115K subscribers

Giving Karate a shot was on my bucket list for a while. Thankfully to the Hombu Dojo Karate in Dublin, they invited me to try out a couple of their Karate classes. Join me in this Martial Arts Journey and experience my first Karate classes together.

Investigative Journalism. jWhat's great here is that Rokas isn't doing the MMA promo schtick of putting up some piece-of-female-anatomy against a hard case physically tough MMA smasher. He's going around kinda with a v-Log investigating and reporting back to his audience. A YTuber.

Is this a Reasonable Take on Karate? Now to bash on Rokas. He's not gonna get off with his investigative journalism of MMA without a critique. And that's done very simply by observing his karate attempts during a single sample class. A complete nerd. Just like me stumbling off the block w boxing,,, the footwork.

So while Rokas is game & willing to try out karate, his opinion is just like MMA in that he kinda likes the footwork but the techniques don't do much for him. That's because he doesn't know WTF he's doing.

Karate Instructor Input. This conclusion is made more apparent by the instructor going over in detail certain of the features & characteristics of karate, then by doing some demonstration & making some tie in w philosophy. To the spectator, it's kinds like jimmying the shutter on the window ajar & cramming your head for a peak into the world of karate beyond.

Karate What?? (or Aikido Huh?). Me, watching this, I came away the the same inkling I've talked about,,, that there is all this stuff with karate and it's all too much to get by listening to a generally, descriptive video talk. On the other hand, Boxing footwork,,, small steps, maintain posture, chin tucked, hands up, slight turn in body, keep balance, step & drag with some flex in the knees.... that is something to get down & get working on striking technique thereafter....<LynchWink>

Last edited:
You are not mistaken Judo came from Jiu Jitsu. And only you read the book Kodokan written by Jigoro Kano himself.
Maeda, that taught the Gracies, was a judoka. He didnt know any esoteric jujutsu. Everything inside the classic core of brazilian jiu-jitsu is inside judo.

You are mistaken! Between knowing Aikido and knowing nothing. It is better not to know anything. Because knowing nothing will not react or will run away. In this way he may be free of a situation of urban violence. Unlike anyone who knows Aikido. Who will try to use it. This will end up dying.

agreed. that was the point i was making also

Maeda, that taught the Gracies, was a judoka. He didnt know any esoteric jujutsu. Everything inside the classic core of brazilian jiu-jitsu is inside judo.
But what you said is obvious. Judo came from Jiu Jitsu. That's why everything in Jiu Jitsu has in Judo. If in doubt, read the Kodoka Book written by Jigoro Kano himself. Maeda fought Jiu jitsu. He fought Jiu jitsu inside the Kodokan. For in the Kodokan there was not only Judo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back