• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Ahmaud Arbery shooting V2

The shooter is guilty of

• First-degree ("cold-blooded" killings)

Votes: 66 23.2%
  • Second- degree (reckless disregard for human life)

Votes: 120 42.3%
  • Manslaughter (the unlawful killing of another person without direct intention or attempt.)

Votes: 56 19.7%
  • Not guilty- self defense

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see them getting off. You can't shoot someone while attempting a citizen's arrest down the road because you 'thought they committed crimes.'

The implications of that holding up are absurd. Anyone can 'think they saw you commit a crime earlier', grab you while brandishing a gun and if you resist or defend yourself they are free to kill you.

even when the guy lunges at you and tries to take your firearm ? lol .. that's kind of a tough situation .. even if you think they're in the wrong for trying to citizen arrest him no one is going to just give up their firearm or try to keep fighting .. you're gonna wanna shoot the other guy because your life is under threat .. and we now know he was committing a crime at the very least so he wasn't just some random person .. my question would be was there direct communication with the neighbor who saw this guy coming out of the house and the shooters where the neighbor alerted them of this guy and gave them a description as opposed to them just targeting this guy solely because he looked suspicious to them

I pretty much came to same conclusion earlier tonight. In fact, I just changed my vote to 'self-defense' in thread poll. I think that is how it is going to go down. And I don't think it is going to center on anything to do with citizen's arrest but rather whether Ahmaud is determined to have had a legitimate cause to attack Travis McMichael. I do not think he had a legitimate cause to do that.

You've stated the complete opposite of how a self-defense claim is handled within our laws.

The defendant (the dad and son charged with murder) have the burden of establishing an affirmative defense such as self-defense. The State only has the burden to prove the elements of the crime.

The defendants here, should that assert a claim of self-defense, will have to show that they held reasonable fear (not themselves, but that of a common man in similar circumstances) of imminent death, and, most importantly that they did not initiate the assault. You cannot start an assault and then claim self-defense once you feel your life is in danger. By rolling up with guns, they did just that. An assault occurs when a reasonable person concludes that unlawful conduct is likely imminent. To this effect, the defendants will need to convince a jury that the average person would not feel threatened by them exiting a truck, clearly brandishing arms.

Now there's no telling what could happen when they get that to a jury, because juries are often retarded. But any decent prosecutor should be able to blow the fuck out of that theory. A theory that, again, the DEFENDANTS must prove.

And think about what a retarded standard that would set. You're telling me that I should be able to drive around L.A. with my buddy, both armed, and be able to roll up on anyone I suspect may have committed a crime and demand they obey my summons. If any of them then threaten me, I can kill them.

I really hope you can understand just how shitty a precedent that would set.

even when the guy lunges at you and tries to take your firearm ? lol .. that's kind of a tough situation .. even if you think they're in the wrong for trying to citizen arrest him no one is going to just give up their firearm or try to keep fighting .. you're gonna wanna shoot the other guy because your life is under threat .. and we now know he was committing a crime at the very least so he wasn't just some random person .. my question would be was there direct communication with the neighbor who saw this guy coming out of the house and the shooters where the neighbor alerted them of this guy and gave them a description as opposed to them just targeting this guy solely because he looked suspicious to them

Under Georgia law, a person making a citizens arrest has to have knowledge of a crime being committed by the person he's trying to detain. Not suspicion. Knowledge. You have to have either witnessed the crime, or be otherwise certain that the person committed said act. You can't just have another tell you about something, and off you go.

Further, under Georgia law (and virtually all others that I'm aware of) you have to use the minimal use of force to detain that person. You can't just brandish weapons at someone you think committed a property crime. If the bar was that fucking low, any american could jump out armed and demand the halt of someone they merley suspect had done wrong.

Last edited:
btw he looks so menacing in the inset picture of the embedded video. The media must have used his kiddie pic again

I’m not surprised.

The media actually lightened George Zimmerman’s skin to try and make him look more white and less Hispanic ... to push the “evil white” narrative.

Pykig.jpg

People fall for it every time.

So it wasn't even a construction site like has been implied, it was a house that was having some renovations done to it. But let me guess, if you are walking down a residential street (or out on a 20 odd mile jog in Arbery's case) and you see a house that is having a garage or extension built onto it, then it's perfectly to normal to go in and take a look around? Are people seriously still going to persist with this absurd bullshit? From the original reporting in the msm to now, the only part that has been accurate is that Arbery ended up getting shot and killed. Everyhing else has been total bullshit.

Last edited:
Oh dear, you haven't watched this video, have you?

Mate I don't sit through ten minute videos of people's opinions. Maybe if it was like a legal expert on citizens arrest laws or something. If you think there is relevant pieces of data that guy shares id go to those links. l did skip ahead to the end where he said something like 'im sure our justice system will do its job and if it finds them guilty, that that's it.' so it doesn't sound much like he's make much of a conclusion other than that he has faith in Georgia institutions.

Yeah, sorry mate you don't get to go around playing picking fights when you have a gun on you. Thats the reasonable force element of a citizen's arrest. Even if you 'think' there are grounds for a petty trespass citizens arrest. If they watched him kill someone in cold blood, then sure I doubt anyone would be batting an eye.

Seriously, you guys are actually cool with people thinking up a reason why they physically detain you in public and then shoot you if resist?

You've stated the complete opposite of how a self-defense claim is handled within our laws.

The defendant (the dad and son charged with murder) have the burden of establishing an affirmative defense such as self-defense. The State only has the burden to prove the elements of the crime.

The defendants here, should that assert a claim of self-defense, will have to show that they held reasonable fear (not themselves, but that of a common man in similar circumstances) of imminent death, and, most importantly that they did not initiate the assault. You cannot start an assault and then claim self-defense once you feel your life is in danger. By rolling up with guns, they did just that. An assault occurs when a reasonable person concludes that unlawful conduct is likely imminent. To this effect, the defendants will need to convince a jury that the average person would not feel threatened by them exiting a truck, clearly brandishing arms.

Now there's no telling what could happen when they get that to a jury, because juries are often retarded. But any decent prosecutor should be able to blow the fuck out of that theory. A theory that, again, the DEFENDANTS must prove.

And think about what a retarded standard that would set. You're telling me that I should be able to drive around L.A. with my buddy, both armed, and be able to roll up on anyone I suspect may have committed a crime and demand they obey my summons. If any of them then threaten me, I can kill them.

I really hope you can understand just how shitty a precedent that would set.

Under Georgia law, a person making a citizens arrest has to have knowledge of a crime being committed by the person he's trying to detain. Not suspicion. Knowledge. You have to have either witnessed the crime, or be otherwise certain that the person committed said act. You can't just have another tell you about something, and off you go.

Further, under Georgia law (and virtually all others that I'm aware of) you have to use the minimal use of force to detain that person. You can't just brandish weapons at someone you think committed a property crime. If the bar was that fucking low, any american could jump out armed and demand the halt of someone they merley suspect had done wrong.
Thank you for writing what I was attempting to say but like actually explaining it well.

Thank you for writing what I was attempting to say but like actually explaining it well.

You made it easy to build on, and it was a blessing to read a non-retarded take in this den of shitposting.

Mate I don't sit through ten minute videos of people's opinions. Maybe if it was like a legal expert on citizens arrest laws or something. If you think there is relevant pieces of data that guy shares id go to those links. l did skip ahead to the end where he said something like 'im sure our justice system will do its job and if it finds them guilty, that that's it.' so it doesn't sound much like he's make much of a conclusion other than that he has faith in Georgia institutions.

Brandon Tatum is a former police officer. He IS expert on the law. There is also ACTUAL footage of the moment AA grabbed the shotgun and scuffled with McMichael ...

But, sure go ahead and bury your head in the sand. I knew you would.

Please tell me who put their hand on who first?
I can't tell in the video.

Unbiased view

This is a level headed and responsible analysis of the whole issue. Anyone posting in this thread should watch the entire video before making any other comments.

as more of these videos come out and more people see them, opinions are going to change

This is a level headed and responsible analysis of the whole issue. Anyone posting in this thread should watch the entire video before making any other comments.

A lot of people won't care. The media has done their job of whipping them up into a frenzy by telling them that a couple of racist hillbillies saw a black guy jogging in their neighbourhood so got in their trucks, hunted him down and murdered him in a cold bloodied killing reminiscent of a KKK lynching. Everything now coming out that shows this narrative to be a total fabrication will just be ignored.

You made a claim in ignorance of what we being reported at the time. We still have yet to see if the McMichaels have their own video. There remains a string of break-ins and robberies in the neighborhood over the previous 5 months, and English also mentioned video prior to this day of the man who allegedly was caught by motion-triggered video on his property. The McMichaels weren't the only one who called 911 in suspicion of Arbery, and Arbery's history lends credence to suspicion of him (even if this is only after the fact).

Stories are changing. It's important to monitor all of it.

The McMichael's had been part of a prosecution of Ahmaud before. Why did they not file one police report on him? Citizens arrest only works immediately following a crime being committed. Again I don't care about Ahmaud, what I do care about is the narrative of being able to grab shotguns, hop in your truck and chase someone down.

So it wasn't even a construction site like has been implied, it was a house that was having some renovations done to it. But let me guess, if you are walking down a residential street (or out on a 20 odd mile jog in Arbery's case) and you see a house that is having a garage or extension built onto it, then it's perfectly to normal to go in and take a look around? Are people seriously still going to persist with this absurd bullshit? From the original reporting in the msm to now, the only part that has been accurate is that Arbery ended up getting shot and killed. Everyhing else has been total bullshit.

It wasn't a house having renovations, and it isn't classified as a dwelling. LOL. the 911 call explicitly states it, and even mentions it will never be finished because the owner has heart problems.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/d/dwelling/

The guy is wrong.

The guy in the video is a former police officer. It was a good video, If you're interested in this incident then you should find the 10 minutes to watch it.

Brandon Tatum is a former police officer. He IS expert on the law. There is also ACTUAL footage of the moment AA grabbed the shotgun and scuffled with McMichael ...

But, sure go ahead and bury your head in the sand. I knew you would.
None of those things are inconsistent with anything I've stated. No sand needed. If you try to square up to me with a shotgun while attempting to detain me on a public road, because you think maybe I was a burglar in the past, I can still legally defend myself.

And no, your YouTube conservative talking point youtuber isn't a legal expert just because he was a police officer for a bit. However a lot of the judges, attorneys and law profs quoted basically laughing at the 'self defense during an armed citizens arrest' defense are though.

But let's just for argument's sake say your guy is an expert, 'they may be found guilty by the justice system but if so it would justice' is not the kind of bet hedging that suggests he has any confidence these guys have a legal basis to their actions.

It wasn't a house having renovations, and it isn't classified as a dwelling. LOL. the 911 call explicitly states it, and even mentions it will never be finished because the owner has heart problems.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/d/dwelling/

The guy is wrong.
Was he on private property?
Why did he run when confronted by someone (as seen in the CCTV footage)?

I've seen people all over social media actually arguing that it is not unusual for someone to walk around inside of a house under construction and look around.

Ok, I'll buy that. Maybe someone just wants to see what a bare bones house looks like.

But how many times do they need to do it? They have this guy on video numerous times doing it. And at night time too. I guess that he stopped by during his midnight jog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back