Crime Ahmaud Arbery shooting V2

The shooter is guilty of

• First-degree ("cold-blooded" killings)

Votes: 66 23.2%
  • Second- degree (reckless disregard for human life)

Votes: 120 42.3%
  • Manslaughter (the unlawful killing of another person without direct intention or attempt.)

Votes: 56 19.7%
  • Not guilty- self defense

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PolishHeadlock2

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So the guy that released the video thought it would exonerate the murderers

And best post in the last thread

Probably the most thorough take on it so far from the NY Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/08/us/glynn-county-police-ahmaud-arbery.html

Regardless of the speculation about what Arbery was doing, there was some straight up lying on behalf of the police department. Relevant portion:

Later that day, Wanda Cooper, the mother of the 25-year-old victim, Ahmaud Arbery, received a call from a police investigator. She recounted later that the investigator said her son had been involved in a burglary and was killed by “the homeowner,” an inaccurate version of what had happened.

The police knew that this wasn't the case. They straight up lied to the family about the manner of death and then squashed the investigation of this case. You can speculate all day what Arbery was doing before the film starts, but we know he didn't get shot during a home invasion, as their so liberal use of wordplay would suggest.

Second: This isn't the first time this department has tried to go to bat for a shady cop that killed someone. Nor is it even their third high profile such instance.

The first instance back in 2010:

One suit accused the department of wrongfully killing an unarmed white woman after officers fired through her car windshield. An investigation into that shooting found that Glynn County officers had tried to interfere with the inquiry to protect the officers involved.

https://investigations.ajc.com/caroline-small-shooting/

Cliffs:
-Police from the same department respond to a possible DUI.
-35 year old woman refuses to stop (likely impaired)
-Leads police on a quick 3 mile "chase" that never exceeds 20mph
-Light woman up 8 times when the vehicle moves towards them.
-Department then fabricates the chain of events to shield officers.
According the the state police investigator in charge of that internal investigation (once it leaked):

“This is the worst one I’ve ever investigated,” said Mike McDaniel, a retired GBI agent who supervised the 2010 criminal investigation into the officers’ actions. “I don’t think it’s a good shoot. I don’t think it’s justified.”

Then, more recently in 2018:

One of the officers in that shooting later killed his estranged wife and a friend. The wife’s mother accused the police of ignoring several alarming encounters in the months before the killings.

The escalating legal troubles of a suspended Glynn County Police officer imploded with lethal consequences Thursday night, ending with Lt. Robert “Cory” Sasser fatally shooting his estranged wife and her friend in McIntosh County before dying himself of a gunshot wound to the chest in the driveway of his Glynn County home, authorities said.

https://thebrunswicknews.com/breaki...cle_0d995c95-3eae-5c5d-9e15-14d5da38720a.html

Cliffs:
-Cop from the same department has his wife leave him.
-She gets restraining order.
-Cop still shows up at her house and assaults her while trying to pull her outside her home. Cop not arrested. Has to attend a 10 day psych visit instead.
-Cop gets out and threatens wife and her new boyfriend at a restaurant, in front of dozens of witnesses. Says he will shot them both. Cop not arrested. Order to surrender guns instead and leave town.
-Cop doesn't leave town. Gets another gun. Kills wife and her boyfriend and then offs himself.
-Department proceeds to lie about the circumstances of that case, saying that the officer died in a shootout.

But that's not all from this stellar department! Nope, just four days after they responded to the Arbery shooting, their own police chief:

The police chief was indicted days after Mr. Arbery’s killing on charges related to an alleged cover-up of an officer’s sexual relationship with an informant.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/georg...y-indicts-glynn-county-police-chief-3-others/

Cliffs from this gem:
-A narcotics officer was fucking a meth head that was also an informant for the department.
-Top brass lied about it to state investigators.
-Other police officers in that departments narcotics department are seen around town, hanging out with known meth dealers. Not in any undercover capacity or anything. Just an open narcotics agent grabbing bears with a known drug felon.
-You guessed it, the department lied to the State police about that one too.
-Police chief resigns in disgrace.

So this is a department of monumental fuckups. For those of you really putting the speculative lens on Arbery, are you not going to turn the lens at all towards this department responsible for the lack of charge? Do any of the past bad acts by this department, all the way up to it's chief of police, not give you pause to consider that maybe, just fucking maybe, they may be full of shit here too?

A much more plausible theory here is that a former cop and his son rolled up on a black guy they thought was up to something, the shit escalates to a deadly force scenario (because these dipshits were armed, Arbery was not, and you can't insert deadly force into a defense of property crime), and the department that took the call lied about the manner of the shooting to Arbery's family and declined to charge the father and son.

It should also be noted, that the moment this case made it's way to the Georgia State Police and their DA, the guy immediately stated, and I paraphrase: "Why in the actual fuck are these two guys not in jail? Self defense when you bring your own guns to makes a citizens arrest for a suspected property crime, is the dumbest fucking invocation of that defense in living memory." And then proceeded to have the father and son arrested and charged with murder and aggravated assault.

I really don't think this is a hill the race baiters want to die on.

I wanna find out who said “ home owner” make him tell who ordered him, get the whole rat nest

I think 2nd degree murder is clear here.

Wow that last video that shows someone who looks like the victim going into the house under construction thickens the plot. I’m still betting on manslaughter charges for Travis.

Here's Arbery burglarizing a home minutes before the 911 call was made "directly preceding" him assaulting the guy and his son, trying to take away the shotgun

My guess is manslaughter for the son with a couple years in prison and probation for the father.

Here's Arbery burglarizing a home minutes before the 911 call was made "directly preceding" him assaulting the guy and his son, trying to take away the shotgun

Hmm. So he goes in the house though the garage, is in there for a couple minutes, comes out the front door and and sees a guy standing there on the phone and takes off running past him.

Maybe he was jogging around in the house and we just can't see it.

Not him, wasn’t jogging.

Hmm. So he goes in the house though the garage, is in there for a couple minutes, comes out the front door and and sees a guy standing there on the phone and takes off running past him.

Maybe he was jogging around in the house and we just can't see it.
Good point. There may have been a treadmill inside.

How can anyone tell who that is? Either way still doesn’t justify murder

It also doesn’t show anyone committing burglary.
He also could have been legit jogging, got tired started walking, decided to check out the house and then when he regained his stamina continued on.

basically all that video could show is someone was at the construction site.

<WellThere>
Looks like Ahmad was playing a stupid game and won a stupid prize.
This is gonna be another Zimmerman/Trayvon trial, except I suspect this time the self-defense defense won't pay off. Not in this political climate.

How can anyone tell who that is? Either way still doesn’t justify murder
A criminal trying to wrestle your gun from you might justify it.

i'm just going to say this again, and i'm really not trying to be funny. if you are an in shape dude (black in this case) run away from the fat rednecks with guns.

didn't michael brown find out that the best way to get lead poisoning is to run at the guy with a gun and grab it?

<WellThere>
Looks like Ahmad was playing a stupid game and won a stupid prize.
This is gonna be another Zimmerman/Trayvon trial, except I suspect this time the self-defense defense won't pay off. Not in this political climate.

A criminal trying to wrestle your gun from you might justify it.

Yikes. Classic Sherfront.

wasn't it obama that said don't do stupid stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back